Trump Still Won't Say He Was Wrong About Obama's Birthplace

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
"I don't want to answer that question."

MSNBC host Chris Matthews pushed Donald Trump to admit Tuesday night that he was wrong to advocate the discredited birther theory that Barack Obama isn't legally president because he was allegedly not born in the United States.

"Is Donald Trump honest when he says that Barack Obama isn't a legitimate president?" Matthews asked after the GOP presidential debate in Las Vegas.

"I don't talk about that anymore," Trump replied.

He no longer answers that question, he said, because if he does, "it's all people talk about."

"I don't want to answer that question," the real estate mogul repeatedly insisted. If he were to win the presidency, he said, then he would address the matter.

Trump first tried to cast doubt on Obama's birthplace in 2011, leading the White House to publish an official copy of the president's birth certificate as proof that Obama was born in Hawaii. Still, Trump questioned the document's authenticity.

After Tuesday's interview ended, Matthews continued berating Trump, slamming his unwillingness to apologize for his birther claims as a "blemish" and an "original sin."

"Our president should be respected," Matthews said. "I don't like it."

Trump has refused to respond to similar questions before. He told NBC News' Chuck Todd that he no longer discusses birtherism in September.

How could America trust a man that lies about something so simple - and easily proveable? Isn't that the original lie that catapulted him into the political spotlight? What about those investigators that he supposedly send to Hawaii? The man is a natural born liar. Trump knows that if he admits his birther lie - he will lose part of his base support (racists who hate Obama).

Last edited:
Well, Obama did tell his publisher, and probably his colleges, that he was born in Kenya

Well, Obama did tell his publisher, and probably his colleges, that he was born in Kenya

No, his publisher admitted it was a clerical error. Anyway, if he really was born in Kenya - why can't Adolf Trump prove it? Trump can't even substantiate his original political lie.

Nobody cares anymore. He's smart to not even go down that road ever again. They are trying to bait and bring him down

Nobody cares anymore. He's smart to not even go down that road ever again. They are trying to bait and bring him down

Why shouldn't he be held accountable for his original political lie that catapulted him into the political spotlight?

Why shouldn't he be held accountable for his original political lie that catapulted him into the political spotlight?

None of his supporters care.

Save it for if and when he gets the GOP nomination.

Then it will be perfectly appropriate to point out that the Trump is a Birther.

because nobody cares (except for those that want to take him down.) Obama isn't Kenyan and most everyone knows this. It's stupid.

It baffles me why his "supporters" wouldn't care. Do they like chronic liars?

MSNBC host Chris Matthews pushed Donald Trump to admit Tuesday night that he was wrong to advocate the discredited birther theory that Barack Obama isn't legally president because he was allegedly not born in the United States.

"Is Donald Trump honest when he says that Barack Obama isn't a legitimate president?" Matthews asked after the GOP presidential debate in Las Vegas.

He no longer answers that question, he said, because if he does, "it's all people talk about."

"I don't want to answer that question," the real estate mogul repeatedly insisted. If he were to win the presidency, he said, then he would address the matter.

Trump first tried to cast doubt on Obama's birthplace in 2011, leading the White House to publish an official copy of the president's birth certificate as proof that Obama was born in Hawaii. Still, Trump questioned the document's authenticity.

After Tuesday's interview ended, Matthews continued berating Trump, slamming his unwillingness to apologize for his birther claims as a "blemish" and an "original sin."

Trump has refused to respond to similar questions before. He told NBC News' Chuck Todd that he no longer discusses birtherism in September.

How could America trust a man that lies about something so simple - and easily proveable? Isn't that the original lie that catapulted him into the political spotlight? What about those investigators that he supposedly send to Hawaii? The man is a natural born liar.
I'm not sure about his birth place. I am sure he's in last place.

I don't care because its his opinion. Maybe he really believes it. Maybe he has info that makes him believe it to be true. I don't think he is, but I don't care either. There's more important things in life than caring about what Trump, or anyone else for that matter, believes is his birthplace.

Zero fucks given, doesn't impact my life at all

How could America trust a man that lies about something so simple - and easily proveable? Isn't that the original lie that catapulted him into the political spotlight? What about those investigators that he supposedly send to Hawaii? The man is a natural born liar.
If he admitted what he was doing he would offend most of his supporters. They would be outraged he thought they were dumb.

I don't care because its his opinion. Maybe he really believes it. Maybe he has info that makes him believe it to be true. I don't think he is, but I don't care either. There's more important things in life than caring about what Trump, or anyone else for that matter, believes is his birthplace.

Lies matter! Especially the very first one!

Mr Trump sent a team of private investigators (the best in the world) to Hawaii specifically to dig up the truth about Obamas birth certificate... or so he said.

there's never been another word about it .. ever

I'd like to know .. the country needs to know.

Last edited:
Trump knows that if he admits his birther lie - he will lose part of his base support (racists who hate Obama).

Lies matter! Especially the very first one!

So you won't be voting for Hillary? But is it only lies from the right matter?

Forum List

Back