🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump supporters: How are you punishing the Establishment?

JimBowie1958 i'll offer a hint - if Donald Trump won 2.34 million more votes, or even 3 million more votes, how many votes would be cast for the other candidates?

Lol, I said I am calculating that Trump will get about 90% of todays vote. Frankly I think he will get far more than that. No one else is going to get a significant number of votes as the primary election process was already well won by Trump before the mail ins started for the remaining five states that vote today.

I am guessing Trump gets about 3.5 million votes.

Who else do you think will get 350k votes? Cruz?

JimBowie1958 i'll offer a hint - if Donald Trump won 2.34 million more votes, or even 3 million more votes, how many votes would be cast for the other candidates?

Lol, I said I am calculating that Trump will get about 90% of todays vote. Frankly I think he will get far more than that. No one else is going to get a significant number of votes as the primary election process was already well won by Trump before the mail ins started for the remaining five states that vote today.

wow. you still don't understand why your calculations were wrong?
make it easy on yourself - pretend that trump get all of the remaining votes. so he gets 3 million more votes to move his number north of 14 million - what will the total number of votes be for the other candidates?

make it easy on yourself - pretend that trump get all of the remaining votes. so he gets 3 million more votes to move his number north of 14 million - what will the total number of votes be for the other candidates?
14 million plus 2.33 million = Roughly 16.33 million.

What is your point? Do you ever just say something?

If his opponents get 10% of the vote today and it is 3.5 million, then that magic number becomes 16.65 million.

LOl, OK, I see your point.

Fuck you for not just coming out with it, roflmao

Last edited:

If his opponents get 10% of the vote today and it is 3.5 million, then that magic number becomes 16.65 million.
you really are a logical mess. i will explain why your math is wrong, and then you will apologize.

there have been 28,054,934 total votes.
Trump has received 11,676,271 votes.
The number of votes for other than Trump is therefore
28,054,934 - 11,676,271 = 16,378,663 votes

This means that for trump to meet that 50% +1 threshold required to claim the majority he would have to win
(16,378,663 - 11,676,271) + 1 = 4,702,393
you'll notice that this is a different number than i posted before. i made the choice before to add the totals given for each candidate on the wikipedia page rather than just subtract the trump votes from the given total, like i did this time. if the other candidates listed on the page together represented all the other votes this would have produced the same number, but there must be votes for candidates not tallied on the wikipedia page.

to check our calculation we can do a simple calculation - (current trump votes + (additional-1))*2 = current total votes + additional
(11,676,271+(4702393-1))*2 = 32,757,326
28,054,934 + 4702393 -1 = 32,757,326

Thus ends remedial math class.
I await your acceptance of these numbers and an apology.

you really are a logical mess. i will explain why your math is wrong, and then you will apologize.

This means that for trump to meet that 50% +1 threshold required to claim the majority he would have to win
you'll notice that this is a different number than i posted before. i made the choice before to add the totals given for each candidate on the wikipedia page rather than just subtract the trump votes from the given total, like i did this time. if the other candidates listed on the page together represented all the other votes this would have produced the same number, but there must be votes for candidates not tallied on the wikipedia page.

to check our calculation we can do a simple calculation - (current trump votes + (additional-1))*2 = current total votes + additional

Reread post #105.

I came to realize that 14 minutes ago.

That is however a fast response time for a libtard.

Again, you could have saved us both a lot of posting time had you simply come to the point.

I apologize for making a math error.

Still when all is said and done Trump will have more primary votes than anyone else in Republican Party primary history and will have grown the vote in the GOP by millions upon millions.

So what was your other original secret point you were trying to make? Do we have to go through 30 more posts before you just come out with it?

Reread post #105.

Again, you could have saved us both a lot of posting time had you simply come to the point.

Still when all is said and done Trump will have more primary votes than anyone else in Republican Party primary history and will have grown the vote in the GOP by millions upon millions.

So what was your other original secret point you were trying to make? Do we have to go through 30 more posts before you just come out with it?
i already gave it. trump does not have majority of republican primary voters behind him currently, he may not have him when it's all said and done.

you did not just make a math error. you made a math error, called me names for not making the same error and trying to show you your idiotic mistake.

you make have realized your error twenty minutes ago, but i realized it long before that - and without this 'libtard' you never would have realized you were being a dumbass.

so you should be a little more respectful towards your intellectual superiors in the future

Reread post #105.

i already gave it. trump does not have majority of republican primary voters behind him currently, he may not have him when it's all said and done.

you did not just make a math error. you made a math error, called me names for not making the same error and trying to show you your idiotic mistake.

you make have realized your error twenty minutes ago, but i realized it long before that - and without this 'libtard' you never would have realized you were being a dumbass.

so you should be a little more respectful towards your intellectual superiors in the future

You caught a fifth grade algebraic math error.

That hardly makes you a superior intellect, dude. I have been posting on about five different threads while fighting a cold, so dont get all big headed. You won one, but dont get over excited, dude.

Reread post #105.

You caught a fifth grade algebraic math error.

That hardly makes you a superior intellect, dude. I have been posting on about five different threads while fighting a cold, so dont get all big headed. You won one, but dont get over excited, dude.
please. you made an obvious error in logic.

what other logical errors do you make?

maybe think about it.

and maybe think about the fact that, as you put it, you can't do fifth grade math

To get a little more specific here (okay, and to bump the thread, guilty), as I understand it the reason you're mad at the establishment is that you would elect people who say they're conservative, but then don't act as conservative as you want them to when they're in office. Okay, I do get that.

So it appears to be about frustration over elected Republican officials not being conservative enough.

So in response, you run a guy who would certainly be considered a RINO if it were not for his (insert adjective here, I'm out of them) behavior.

That's the disconnect that I'm asking about.

YOur understanding is flawed.

This issue is not that they are not conservative enough, it is that they have not accomplished their stated agenda enough.

THey have become comfortable in their secure jobs, and focusing on the PROCESS of governing, not on the results.

Our interests are NOT being represented.

Trumps sounds like he is serious about getting these things DONE.

I don't think his plan is to give the appearance of working on the problem. I think he wants to actually SOLVE the problems.

I don't want to hear that deportations are UP.

I want to hear that the Illegal population is DOWN or back in freaking Mexico.

I don't want to hear that he is punishing China for bad trade policies.

I want to hear that the Trade Deficit is DOWN, and that jobs are rising.

I want concrete RESULTS.

A lower trade deficit does not mean more jobs.

They are more interested in punishing their own leaders than winning an election. They are more interested in tearing things down than building things up. So they nominated the guy most offensive to their leaders, a guy who is going to get smoked in the election. Then, they'll blame their leaders for not supporting him enough, even though he's clearly an unqualified buffoon.

No, we will blame them for actively working to sabotage our Candidate, as they have been doing and are openly discussing doing more so.

If you wanted something else, then your leaders should not have worked so hard to thwart the democratic primary process.

Or to support the lies, smears and panic mongering of the Left.

If - and I'm expecting when - Trump loses, it will be because he's an awful candidate. It will be his - and his supporters - who will be responsible and no one else's.

Hillary is a weak candidate, and could easily lose this election with a good candidate, but Trump is terrible.

They are more interested in punishing their own leaders than winning an election. They are more interested in tearing things down than building things up. So they nominated the guy most offensive to their leaders, a guy who is going to get smoked in the election. Then, they'll blame their leaders for not supporting him enough, even though he's clearly an unqualified buffoon.

No, we will blame them for actively working to sabotage our Candidate, as they have been doing and are openly discussing doing more so.

If you wanted something else, then your leaders should not have worked so hard to thwart the democratic primary process.

If - and I'm expecting when - Trump loses, it will be because he's an awful candidate. It will be his - and his supporters - who will be responsible and no one else's.

Hillary is a weak candidate, and could easily lose this election with a good candidate, but Trump is terrible.

Yeah, the GOP never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

No, that was my point.

We need to change the polices that aren't working.

I'm not sure why they aren't working.

Well here are a few starters.

1. in a global free trade economic system no nation has control of its economy as a result and things like cutting taxes to spur more business dont work because the policy is effectively trying to push up a global economy, not a national economy. That is like trying to blow up an air mattress with a 4 inch hole in it.

2. Some nations will always cheat, so if you dont enforce the treaties with the punitive methods included in them, the treaties will always ruin your nation that does not cheat.

3. Free trade never included a free migration of labor until the late 1980s. But we cant rationally discuss it for all the libtards screaming 'RAYSSIISSSMMM!!!' and neocons echoing it while they count their profits from it.

4. The averaging of labor costs in a global free trading system is political suicide for any advanced democratic system of government.

IF we had had a real debate, say, twenty years ago, it could have been a slower and more nuanced conversation about whether the problem was with the Theory or the Implementation.

Implementation and failure to see the jobless economy that is coming.

BUT, we didn't and that time is past.

We need to reduce the Trade Deficit NOW. I don't care what the cause is.

I certainly don't care about being fair to the fucking chinese.

Nor do I, so why dont our leaders enforce the treaty provisions and impose tariffs on Chinese goods because they manipulate their currency in violation of our trade agreements?

To the last point, as to why?

For the Right, imo, blind ideology.

For the Left, contributions from big business and a knowledge that poor and afraid workers are more likely to want big government to help them than well off and secure workers.

No, that was my point.

We need to change the polices that aren't working.

I'm not sure why they aren't working.

Well here are a few starters.

1. in a global free trade economic system no nation has control of its economy as a result and things like cutting taxes to spur more business dont work because the policy is effectively trying to push up a global economy, not a national economy. That is like trying to blow up an air mattress with a 4 inch hole in it.

2. Some nations will always cheat, so if you dont enforce the treaties with the punitive methods included in them, the treaties will always ruin your nation that does not cheat.

3. Free trade never included a free migration of labor until the late 1980s. But we cant rationally discuss it for all the libtards screaming 'RAYSSIISSSMMM!!!' and neocons echoing it while they count their profits from it.

4. The averaging of labor costs in a global free trading system is political suicide for any advanced democratic system of government.

IF we had had a real debate, say, twenty years ago, it could have been a slower and more nuanced conversation about whether the problem was with the Theory or the Implementation.

Implementation and failure to see the jobless economy that is coming.

BUT, we didn't and that time is past.

We need to reduce the Trade Deficit NOW. I don't care what the cause is.

I certainly don't care about being fair to the fucking chinese.

Nor do I, so why dont our leaders enforce the treaty provisions and impose tariffs on Chinese goods because they manipulate their currency in violation of our trade agreements?

To the last point, as to why?

For the Right, imo, blind ideology.

For the Left, contributions from big business and a knowledge that poor and afraid workers are more likely to want big government to help them than well off and secure workers.

Which is what makes these 'Free Trade Agreements' broken and unworkable for Middle Class Americans.

To get a little more specific here (okay, and to bump the thread, guilty), as I understand it the reason you're mad at the establishment is that you would elect people who say they're conservative, but then don't act as conservative as you want them to when they're in office. Okay, I do get that.

So it appears to be about frustration over elected Republican officials not being conservative enough.

So in response, you run a guy who would certainly be considered a RINO if it were not for his (insert adjective here, I'm out of them) behavior.

That's the disconnect that I'm asking about.

YOur understanding is flawed.

This issue is not that they are not conservative enough, it is that they have not accomplished their stated agenda enough.

THey have become comfortable in their secure jobs, and focusing on the PROCESS of governing, not on the results.

Our interests are NOT being represented.

Trumps sounds like he is serious about getting these things DONE.

I don't think his plan is to give the appearance of working on the problem. I think he wants to actually SOLVE the problems.

I don't want to hear that deportations are UP.

I want to hear that the Illegal population is DOWN or back in freaking Mexico.

I don't want to hear that he is punishing China for bad trade policies.

I want to hear that the Trade Deficit is DOWN, and that jobs are rising.

I want concrete RESULTS.

A lower trade deficit does not mean more jobs.

Well, constantly HIGHER trade deficits have not been very helpful, so lets try the other thing.

Oh?

Are you claiming that all the efforts of the GOP establishment, and all the negative press of watching the GOP establishment support the smears of the Left and actively work to tear down their own candidate has had no effect?

Forum List

Back