Trump Tax Plan Worries Europe

I remember the video tape of Frank arguing nothing was wrong at Fannie and Freddie, of course, a Dem was in charge of them.

Very true. In my opinion, he is guilty of fraud. Barney Frank went on TV with Bill O'Reilly and told the world that the worst days of Fannie and Freddie was past and he saw a bright future. At the time, both were traded on the New York Stock Exchange.

Apparently you aren't aware of who actually spent time writing the senate tax bill. Last I heard, it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 lobbyists who wrote it. Most senators didn't even read it. Some didn't even see it until right before the vote.

Wow! Since you HEARD IT, then it certainly means it is 100% true and you have the source and link to support your allegation.

I'm looking forward to reading the actual source.

This makes no sense.

If a corporation does not get taxed, which individual benefits and avoids taxation?

If a corporation has coffers full of money, who benefits? Not the corporation. Sitting on unused capital is wasteful.

Anyone who makes more money through investment eventually gets taxed.

Individuals get better, more jobs. The government then actually works FOR THE PEOPLE, not the reverse.

If a corporation pays no Federal Corporate Tax, the customer benefits and the customer avoids taxation. You know that to be true.

If a corporation has coffers full of money, the corporation benefits because they will invest that money in other ventures. They may prefer to grow their own business, perhaps even here in the U.S. It is far more profitable to invest your money overseas at perhaps a lower return than bring it into the US and pay additional income taxes.

Through investments, it is possible, and totally legal, to make a great deal of money and pay no income tax on that money. I've been a Realtor for over 40 years. I know numerous people who have done it and done it all legally.

They get taxed like 15% on dividends, I recall. If the investment income is taxed only once, it stays a measly 15%. That's pretty weak sauce, considering little ol' me is getting taxed around 30%.

My guess is that you do NOT pay 30% on your taxable income. Show us.

Good, I LOVE the idea of fucking over Europe. I'll bet there are muslim countries that hate us slightly less than the Coward Continent.

Only thing is, American corporations are already only paying around 20% because of special interest deductions and tax loopholes.

The 35 Percent Corporate Tax Myth

Is this tax plan going to close those loopholes? Given the hasty manner in which it was created, probably not. Which means corporations will actually be paying closer to 0%.

So ... that's fair, right?
So, why should corporations (employers) pay ANY tax? They can't vote. No taxation without representation?

They can't vote. They just write our laws.

#lobbyistsrunDC
shit, I thought the congress wrote our laws. how the fk did I miss that?

Apparently you aren't aware of who actually spent time writing the senate tax bill. Last I heard, it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 lobbyists who wrote it. Most senators didn't even read it. Some didn't even see it until right before the vote.

...and you believed that bullshit?

The left do not understand how jobs and wealth are created, hence you can't get to first base with your average liberal on this topic. A wealthy person or corporation generates net new wealth that did not previously exist and the left think they stole that wealth from someone.
I really think they believe that corporations just sit back and hoard mountains of cash.
:lol:

IT does NOTHING to sit on that money. Corporations live to expand and increase market share, which results in lots of SPENDING, which creates new jobs, which stimulates economic growth.

Never let a leftist control the economy.

They've already said where they're putting their money. And it's not into jobs.

Do you want me to link you, or can you find it yourself?

Trump's Tax Promises Undercut by CEO Plans to Help Investors

NVM. Here you go.

Guess what? Many other people on this board, including me, are investors through our retirement funds and banks. Guess who will make that money? Me!

So, why should corporations (employers) pay ANY tax? They can't vote. No taxation without representation?

They can't vote. They just write our laws.

#lobbyistsrunDC
shit, I thought the congress wrote our laws. how the fk did I miss that?

how does one put together a document from 6,000 individuals? Let's see how that works.

Ask congress.

Why don't you show us the source for your fake news?

The left do not understand how jobs and wealth are created, hence you can't get to first base with your average liberal on this topic. A wealthy person or corporation generates net new wealth that did not previously exist and the left think they stole that wealth from someone.
I really think they believe that corporations just sit back and hoard mountains of cash.

IT does NOTHING to sit on that money. Corporations live to expand and increase market share, which results in lots of SPENDING, which creates new jobs, which stimulates economic growth.

Never let a leftist control the economy.

They've already said where they're putting their money. And it's not into jobs.

Do you want me to link you, or can you find it yourself?

Trump's Tax Promises Undercut by CEO Plans to Help Investors

NVM. Here you go.
you all believe anything, my fking god.

Yes, I suppose you know more than Bloomberg. Whoever you are.

Bloomberg is a loon and so is his company. You do realize that is the same person, right?

Because at some point, someone needs to get taxed. And if it's not corporations, who are rolling in dough right now ...

Guess who gets to pay more? Not the rich, who make most of their $$ through investment.

That would be us, the middle and upper middle class folks. We get to pay more.
This makes no sense.

If a corporation does not get taxed, which individual benefits and avoids taxation?

If a corporation has coffers full of money, who benefits? Not the corporation. Sitting on unused capital is wasteful.

Individuals get better, more jobs. The government then actually works FOR THE PEOPLE, not the reverse.

They get taxed like 15% on dividends, I recall. If the investment income is taxed only once, it stays a measly 15%. That's pretty weak sauce, considering little ol' me is getting taxed around 30%.

To compensate for the deficit caused by the lack of corporate taxes, income taxes would have to go up. Otherwise ... well, you thought the national debt was bad now ...

Granted, I'm not a tax expert. I admit, I don't have all the answers. This is my understanding; the workers won't benefit from tax cuts. Especially not compared to investors.

If that suits your purposes, so be it. It's not ideal for me.

You have a simpleton understanding of economics. Tax policy should encourage corporations and the wealthy to take risks on new businesses and expansion, that's how jobs are created and growth happens. If the left had its way, punishment taxation of the wealthy and corporations the wealthy and corporations just don't bend over and take it. They say fuck you liberals and run for the exits. Relocate to other countries. The wealthy hunker down hoarding their wealth. They don't take risks on starting new businesses or expansion. Job growth slows, economic growth slows, and tax revenue falls. You can't punishment tax your way to prosperity.

Okay. But you're kind of misrepresenting what I'm saying. I never said that there is NOTHING good that will come out of the new tax laws, whatever they end up looking like. But it's certainly not going to be this brilliant paradise that Trump and his supporters are claiming.

Do you actually believe corporations should not be taxed? And where will that money come from then? That was sort of my original question.

Corporations are not really taxed! Consumers are taxed either directly or paying the taxes that a corporation has to include in their costs of products or services that we buy.

They are simply a middleman processing it like a money laundering scheme. You don't see the 35% of the cost of a new car that goes to the federal government, but you paid it!

This makes no sense.

To compensate for the deficit caused by the lack of corporate taxes, income taxes would have to go up. Otherwise ... well, you thought the national debt was bad now ...

Granted, I'm not a tax expert. I admit, I don't have all the answers. This is my understanding; the workers won't benefit from tax cuts. Especially not compared to investors.

If that suits your purposes, so be it. It's not ideal for me.

You have a simpleton understanding of economics. Tax policy should encourage corporations and the wealthy to take risks on new businesses and expansion, that's how jobs are created and growth happens. If the left had its way, punishment taxation of the wealthy and corporations the wealthy and corporations just don't bend over and take it. They say fuck you liberals and run for the exits. Relocate to other countries. The wealthy hunker down hoarding their wealth. They don't take risks on starting new businesses or expansion. Job growth slows, economic growth slows, and tax revenue falls. You can't punishment tax your way to prosperity.

Okay. But you're kind of misrepresenting what I'm saying. I never said that there is NOTHING good that will come out of the new tax laws, whatever they end up looking like. But it's certainly not going to be this brilliant paradise that Trump and his supporters are claiming.

Do you actually believe corporations should not be taxed? And where will that money come from then? That was sort of my original question.

You are blaming Trump. Congress created this tax reform bill not Trump. Now, Dem's in congress decided to sit on the sidelines and just bitch and complain so they are useless. The GOP, infested with lying corrupt GOP establishment hacks bought and paid for by special interests drafted the bill. Naturally its full of pork and political favors and in many ways not what Trump asked for. Lets start there.

It's hard to say exactly what happened. We weren't there.

Trump has endorsed the tax cuts. I'm aware that he probably had next to no influence on the details.

From what I understand, the dems were excluded from the process. So I'm not sure why you think they were just hanging out on the sidelines, refusing to participate. They were more likely shoved off the field by republicans.

The rest seems pretty accurate.

So it is the Republicans fault when Nasty Pelousy and Crying Chuckie Schumer don't show up?

Sure. But do you want to finish that thought?
It either increases the dividends to the remaining shareholders (which gets taxed) or it allows the corporation to use that extra cash to invest in expansion, which also increases the value of the remaining shares.

MOST of the time, it is BOTH. SO, everybody gets paid, including the Fed.

Corporations employ millions of people enabling them to pay federal, state, and local taxes, plus contribute to the overall economy. Why the left demonizes corporations makes no sense.
Making product for whom?

If you don't put money in the hands of those that will spend it, nothing will happen except corps will coninue to hoard money, buy back their stocks, & buy more dumbass Republicans

Corporations put money in the hands of its employees, and its shareholders which include millions of middle class Americans who have trillions of dollars invested in corporations. I'm sorry who is the left trying to punish by confiscating wealth from corporations? Do you have any idea what's going to happen when most of the baby boomers are retired and there's far fewer people working and paying taxes? You better hope the baby boomers make a ton of money investing in corporations so they can spend it during their retirement.

From what I understand, many boomers aren't at all ready for their imminent retirement and are going to get crushed by medicare cuts.

Can't say I feel too sorry for them.

Can you explain to me how Medicare is cut? Of course you can't!

You simply repeat what the talking heads tell you that should make you afraid.

It either increases the dividends to the remaining shareholders (which gets taxed) or it allows the corporation to use that extra cash to invest in expansion, which also increases the value of the remaining shares.

MOST of the time, it is BOTH. SO, everybody gets paid, including the Fed.

Corporations employ millions of people enabling them to pay federal, state, and local taxes, plus contribute to the overall economy. Why the left demonizes corporations makes no sense.
Making product for whom?

If you don't put money in the hands of those that will spend it, nothing will happen except corps will coninue to hoard money, buy back their stocks, & buy more dumbass Republicans

Corporations put money in the hands of its employees, and its shareholders which include millions of middle class Americans who have trillions of dollars invested in corporations. I'm sorry who is the left trying to punish by confiscating wealth from corporations? Do you have any idea what's going to happen when most of the baby boomers are retired and there's far fewer people working and paying taxes? You better hope the baby boomers make a ton of money investing in corporations so they can spend it during their retirement.

From what I understand, many boomers aren't at all ready for their imminent retirement and are going to get crushed by medicare cuts.

Can't say I feel too sorry for them.

Can you explain to me how Medicare is cut? Of course you can't!

You simply repeat what the talking heads tell you that should make you afraid.

If the tax cut bill generates debt above a certain level, an autoimated cut kicks in to place.

Your hero Ryan is already said Medicare, Social Security & Medicaid is next because we supposedly can't afford them. This after adding a trillion plus to the debt.

Only a fool can't see through that plan.

But hey, go ahead & support Ryan & cut these programs & see the slaughter in the Fall.

Republicans hand wealthy people hundreds of billions & make Grandma pay for it.

Of course they are worried, they may have to cut tax rates too.

Umm yea so what the hell are we doing this giveaway to corporations for? They'll just use it to leverage a lower rate where they are.
Allowing small and medium sized business owners to keep a little more of the money they earned is not a giveaway you tard. It's not your fucking money you stupid greedy pig.

Christ almighty, its their money hello. :itsok:
Yeah, well my money is mine and they have a fuckload more money than I do, but I have to pay taxes. Why should they get off Scott free?

They don't, they likely pay more in taxes in 1 year than you will pay in your entire lifetime :itsok:

Hey BluesLegend why is it you think Republicans are giving corporations a huge tax rate cut without ANY of that bullshit we were fed about cutting out loopholes? Then think about your taxes and how you get a small tax-rate cut and have to give up YOUR deductions?

When you are done with those consider that YOUR tax-cut will disapear after 2025 while corporations get their tax-cut forever in this bill.

Now tell me you right wingers don't feel like a useful tools.

Ah...to create new jobs and wealth for the middle class DUH!

Come on man, USE YOUR HEAD, if jobs and income for middle class was the goal then those tax-cuts are just about THE DUMBEST WAY YOU CAN GO ABOUT IT.

This bill doesn't make your job cheaper for the corporation or gives ANY other incentive to hire more, because guess what, salaries are an EXPENSE and thus income used up to pay them IS NOT TAXED already. All this bill does is gives corporations more net income to do what they have a FIDUCIARY DUTY to do - make their stockholders richer.

Will a fraction of that wealth get down to 99%? Yea sure, but why would you want that when you can have nearly 100% of that go to low and middle class where people REALLY need it??

A straight cut in payroll taxes would DIRECTLY reduce costs of hiring in America and DIRECTLY increase take home pay for low and middle income brackets. And then to finance corporate tax rate cut we could've cut out some of the sweetheart deals corporations get - they only ACTUALLY pay 18% average right now.

You have no clue how business works or that millions of middle class Americans will benefit as they have trillions of dollars invested in the very same corporations you liberals are all the time bloviating about :itsok:

So you think handing wealthy people money that they will start new businesses?

NO. They will expand 7 create new when there is demand.

You people know shit about economics.

Christ almighty, its their money hello. :itsok:
Yeah, well my money is mine and they have a fuckload more money than I do, but I have to pay taxes. Why should they get off Scott free?
Because they aren’t you! Why do you think a corporation should pay taxes?
Because the country does better when they do. Well, heck... I'll just become Borillar Inc. and not pay taxes.
If the country does so well why did jobs leave the country and unemployment spike?

If the tax cut bill generates debt above a certain level, an autoimated cut kicks in to place.

Your hero Ryan is already said Medicare, Social Security & Medicaid is next because we supposedly can't afford them. This after adding a trillion plus to the debt.

Only a fool can't see through that plan.

But hey, go ahead & support Ryan & cut these programs & see the slaughter in the Fall.

Republicans hand wealthy people hundreds of billions & make Grandma pay for it.

The middle class have trillions of dollars invested in the corporations that will benefit from the tax cuts, hence your post is liberal Fake News. If you wish to bitch and complain about something government waste and fraud was over $400 billion dollars this year, that's $4 trillion dollars over the next 10 years over 3 times the tax cuts, that's how incompetent government is.

Forum List

Back