Trump tells Mexico bound Carrier, no way Jose

American coppersmiths pay tariffs on copper that makes their goods very expensive.
The government has the system set up where China can buy copper, ship it to China, and send back copper items that sell cheaper then American companies can produce.

The only way that is even possible is by America's corrupt tariff laws

Either you don't understand what a tariff is, or you're just confused.

A tariff is a tax on imports.

American coppersmiths pay tariffs on copper that makes their goods very expensive.
The government has the system set up where China can buy copper, ship it to China, and send back copper items that sell cheaper then American companies can produce.

Maybe they should use recycled copper instead of importing it.

Interestingly, they are one of the world's top producers of copper. They were number one for a while. China also consumes half of all copper produced in the world making them the biggest consumer as well.

Interestingly, they are one of the world's top producers of copper. They were number one for a while. China also consumes half of all copper produced in the world making them the biggest consumer as well.

Weren't we talking about American coppersmiths, it would be less expensive to use recycled copper that tariffs have already been paid on, instead of paying tariffs on the new stuff. I don't know, maybe reprocessing would be more expensive, but you wouldn't think so.

NY Senator Clinton did nothing while tons of upstate NY jobs left like Carrier. She is a new democrat like her husband that prioritizes global economy over us citizens. The last debate she mentioned the jobs she brought to upstate and it was a complete lie. I will never vote for Hillary Clinton.

Trump tells Carrier (Indiana) who is planning to pack up and head to Mexico , that it's not going to happen.

Businesses that leave the country and who plan on selling their crap here and going to start paying tax penalties.

This appeared to you --- what, in a dream?

Tea leaves?

Ouija board?

Proctology exam?

Weren't we talking about American coppersmiths, it would be less expensive to use recycled copper that tariffs have already been paid on, instead of paying tariffs on the new stuff. I don't know, maybe reprocessing would be more expensive, but you wouldn't think so.
I don't know. Was just throwing some useless Jeopardy info out there. I find the whole idea of someone taking advantage of cheap labor overseas threatening other businesses that try to do the same repugnant.

copper prices are down currently

as most metals these days

the only time using recycled metals profitable is when the prices are up

i just picked up 200 lb lead for 65 bucks

Forum List

Back