Trump to declare national emergency

The left finally care about the Constitution!
Quite an accomplishment, trump!
Since Obama is a constitutional law professor, he has some knowledge of the subject. Perhaps the only issue of contention was Obamacare, where the issue of whether it was constitutional or not only came after republicans made changes to it, which then a judge ruled it unconstitutional due to those changes.

Most people who use the constitution are only using it as a pejorative, and have no idea what the constitution actually says. Emoluments for example.

I looked up the NE declared on Burundi. It was for sanctions and stopping access to funds. It was not to steal money from other governmental coffers without Congress's permission.
It had nothing to do with a REAL National Emergency. What Obama declared was an 'INTERnational Emergency', not a TRUE 'National Emergency'.

I hope his idea dies just like ancient Roman criminals.
Of course you do. For the good of the Democratic Party and in revenge of Hillary losing you snowflakes have obstructed, undermined, plotted, and prayed for the failure of this President. It's not like anything is going to change that...ever.
I can't speak for the Democrats, and I've said numerous times that I have nothing against a physical barrier in places where there is a lot of travel. BUT this is truly alarming and if the President gets away with it, it has pretty much made an Emperor of Caesar. You watch.
Funny how the right applauds tyranny...

You filthy LefTarded fucks have lost your minds....”Tyranny” is not when a POTUS takes extreme action against treasonous pieces of shits to protect and act on behalf good, legit, real Americans.
“Tyranny” IS when a Kenyan POTUS personally writes new immigration law which fucks good Americans over without congressional approval.
What else can I teach you?

It is an actual emergency when fatal drugs cross into another nation, giving a perpetrator a more silent and deadly weapon than firearms. To lace the kool-aid in an elementary school is an example of a time-destroying, time-sensitive crisis. Yes, there are Podunks in Canada, too, though the word 'hillbilly' actually came from the Irish potato farmers in south-central Michigan (Irish Hills). Thus, it does have to do with agricultural workers doing jobs that U.S. citizens shirk from doing.
20+ Million illegals in the US, approx. 11 million we know nothing about, literally thousands crossing / trying to cross illegally per day, Americans being victimized / raped / robbed / murdered ... but as long as they keep showing up and illegally voting for the Dems they are good with it - no emergency / crisis.

Bwuhahahahaha.......STFU, you idiot!

AGAIN, the President is using Constitutional / Legal Authority given to him by Congress, using a power that has been used 59 times in the past by Presidents from both parties. 32 of those remain in effect.

I don't mind snowflake WHINING...its when they lie their assess off while whining I can't stand.
Those Presidents had real emergencies. Those are time sensitive situations that require immediate attention, and Congress is read in as soon as they can get their fannies there to enact whatever legislation is required.
Emergencies with OTHER countries that have nothing to do with us.
Dont act like you know what those emergencies are, because you obviously have no idea.
Obama signed NE so no one could contribute to venezuela and burundi. Among other countries.
Please, just stop.
From AP, just the facts:

It’s a contentious move, likely to be legally challenged, and not something presidents routinely do, contrary to his rhetoric:

TRUMP: “You know, we already have national emergencies out there. You know, President Obama, President Clinton, President Bush — they’ve declared many national — this is not unique. They’ve declared many national emergencies. Many, many.” — remarks at a Cabinet meeting Tuesday.

THE FACTS: The emergency action would be rare. The presidents he cites did not use emergency powers to pay for projects that Congress wouldn’t support.

Emergency declarations by Obama, Bush and Clinton were overwhelmingly for the purpose of addressing crises that emerged abroad. Many blocked foreign interests or terrorist-linked entities from access to funds. Some prohibited certain imports from or investments to countries associated with human rights abuses.

“It’s extremely rare for a president to declare a national emergency in a bid to fund domestic construction projects, particularly one that Congress has explicitly refused to fund,” said Andrew Boyle, an attorney in the national security program at the Brennan Center for Justice. “The ones that former presidents declared are of a different sort.”

I looked up the NE declared on Burundi. It was for sanctions and stopping access to funds. It was not to steal money from other governmental coffers without Congress's permission.

"THE FACTS: The emergency action would be rare. The presidents he cites did not use emergency powers to pay for projects that Congress wouldn’t support."

Didn't Congress just give Trump some money for border security in the bill?

AGAIN, the President is using Constitutional / Legal Authority given to him by Congress, using a power that has been used 59 times in the past by Presidents from both parties. 32 of those remain in effect.

I don't mind snowflake WHINING...its when they lie their assess off while whining I can't stand.
Those Presidents had real emergencies. Those are time sensitive situations that require immediate attention, and Congress is read in as soon as they can get their fannies there to enact whatever legislation is required.
Dont act like you know what those emergencies are, because you obviously have no idea.
Obama signed NE so no one could contribute to venezuela and burundi. Among other countries.
Please, just stop.
From AP, just the facts:

It’s a contentious move, likely to be legally challenged, and not something presidents routinely do, contrary to his rhetoric:

TRUMP: “You know, we already have national emergencies out there. You know, President Obama, President Clinton, President Bush — they’ve declared many national — this is not unique. They’ve declared many national emergencies. Many, many.” — remarks at a Cabinet meeting Tuesday.

THE FACTS: The emergency action would be rare. The presidents he cites did not use emergency powers to pay for projects that Congress wouldn’t support.

Emergency declarations by Obama, Bush and Clinton were overwhelmingly for the purpose of addressing crises that emerged abroad. Many blocked foreign interests or terrorist-linked entities from access to funds. Some prohibited certain imports from or investments to countries associated with human rights abuses.

“It’s extremely rare for a president to declare a national emergency in a bid to fund domestic construction projects, particularly one that Congress has explicitly refused to fund,” said Andrew Boyle, an attorney in the national security program at the Brennan Center for Justice. “The ones that former presidents declared are of a different sort.”

Fuck AP, they are globalist-run warmongers. Trump is well within his rights to do this, and it is absolutely going to happen.

You are allowed to bitch when there's a delay of concrete and there's cranes and pump trucks on hold nearby, ok?

what if that planet with the giant insects decided to fly here and take out the USA? would the Dems block the decision to fight them?
What if The United Nations was working to subvert our National Sovereignty, force The US to accept Illegal Immigrants and then Fine and Sue anyone who dared call an Illegal Immigrant and Illegal Immigrant?

Yah, they are working on that RIGHT NOW.

The only way out of it, is to leave UN Membership.

Last edited:
Pelosi and Schumer just held a press conference to prove they are just as stupid as many snowflakes on this board, falsely claiming President Trump's declaring a Natl Emergency is 'Un-Constitutional'!

:p

You would think that as Speaker of the House she would KNOW that CONGRESS gave Presidents the authority to declare NEs, that 59 of them have been declared in the last 40 years by Presidents in both parties, and that 32 are still in effect.

NOT knowing these facts borders on 'Incompetence', questioning if Pelosi is qualified / stable enough to lead the House.....

Pelosi, Schumer hammer 'unlawful' emergency declaration
I think it's time we quit letting the old senile folk be in charge

Please, just stop.
From AP, just the facts:

"THE FACTS: The emergency action would be rare. The presidents he cites did not use emergency powers to pay for projects that Congress wouldn’t support."

And?

Nancy Pelosi and the left wing media are not making a fool out of Donald Trump. They're just letting him go on TV and do it to himself.
Actually, they set Trump up against his own temper tantrum behavior. They knew he would do something drastic, and he did. He's too predictable. Trump's an idiot.

No dipshit, he already researched it and knew what he was going to do.

H4r H4r!
He's not doing anything; article 1 section 9 - Google Searchhttps:

//www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/trump-to-declare-a-national-emergency-over-the-wall-1443028547833

You're a friggin idiot;

The left finally care about the Constitution!
Quite an accomplishment, trump!
Since Obama is a constitutional law professor, he has some knowledge of the subject. Perhaps the only issue of contention was Obamacare, where the issue of whether it was constitutional or not only came after republicans made changes to it, which then a judge ruled it unconstitutional due to those changes.

Most people who use the constitution are only using it as a pejorative, and have no idea what the constitution actually says. Emoluments for example.

Roberts flipped it to a tax to make it constitutional, essentially rewriting the law. Roberts should have ruled it unconstitutional.

what if that planet with the giant insects decided to fly here and take out the USA? would the Dems block the decision to fight them?

obama declared a national emergency 13 times while in office

Yes, during the Ebola outbreak, Hurricane Sandy, similar natural disasters and you know, ACTUAL emergencies, when the states or the regions needed government resources for which no allocations had been made. The way an Emergency Declaration is SUPPOSED to be used.

What Obama didn't do was to declare a national emergency as an end around because he lost a political fight. The Constitution is VERY clear that the power of the purse resides in the House, and if the people refuse to find your program, as President, you cannot use an emergency declaration as an end-around to the Constitution.

Today, on national television, a dejected, defeated, and defiant Donald Trump told America that there is no national emergency but he's doing to declare one anyway to get his wall built. This is an admission that the is declaring this emergency for political reasons, and nothing else. All Dems need to do is to walk into the Supreme Court, play that clip, and even the SC will rule against him.
No, Dragon Lady. I assumed that, too, and I'm sure many of them were natural disasters, but he did declare 13 national emergencies, many which were against foreign countries in order to place sanctions or stop any US financial interactions.

Nancy Pelosi and the left wing media are not making a fool out of Donald Trump. They're just letting him go on TV and do it to himself.
Actually, they set Trump up against his own temper tantrum behavior. They knew he would do something drastic, and he did. He's too predictable. Trump's an idiot.

No dipshit, he already researched it and knew what he was going to do.

H4r H4r!
He's not doing anything; article 1 section 9 - Google Search

Cling to that, tard.

He was never a professor...He was only ever a "guest lecturer"....And the only use he had for the Constitution was to find ways to circumvent it.

And we know you don't GAF about it either, so don't pretend that you do.

So, the way the national emergency funding breaks down will give Trump about 4.5 billion unquestioned, and about 3.5 from military assets that will be challenged.

4.5 ain't bad right off the bat. :113:

Trump wins.

Has Pelosi stopped screaming yet?
And how much of the fat in the other $4 trillion has been trimmed?...Like, none.

You've been played for a chump, chump.

Your concerns in this matter do not reflect my own.
Of course not....You're a pretend "conservative"...

:auiqs.jpg:

I'm not a conservative, never claimed to be. What I am is a classically defined liberal, as were the Founders.

Exactly the brand of party man team player that drove me out of the GOP in the '90s, because of the rank hypocrisy and focus on things that don't add up to a heap of fly shit in the long run.

I belong to no political party. Never have, never will.

Congratulations, you're everything you profess to hate from the other team.

Then why oh Gawd are they so mean to me? :auiqs.jpg:

Please, just stop.
From AP, just the facts:

And?

Obviously Congress did have some measure of support for Trump's border security plan. If I'm not mistaken, Pelosi offered him the whole sum of $1 awhile back.

But he got more that $1 in the bill. Even though their border security bill only gave him a fraction of the $5.7 billion he wanted, it was a hell of alot more than $1. The bill passed in Congress did provide $1.375 billion for a border wall, so that sounds like congressional support to me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back