Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

Rich liberals needed to take some of that $1.2 billion they wasted on Hillary's failed campaign and use it to fund these taxpayer subsidized activities.

Last edited:
Rich liberals need to take some of that $1.2 billion they wasted on Hillary's failed campaign and use it to fund these taxpayer funded activities.

I am not sure if the Arab sheikhs are that interested in funding the PBS. Given that they are very pro-muslim and thus anti-gay/women, they may be in luck.

Rich liberals need to take some of that $1.2 billion they wasted on Hillary's failed campaign and use it to fund these taxpayer funded activities.

I am not sure if the Arab sheikhs are that interested in funding the PBS. Given that they are very pro-muslim and thus anti-gay/women, they may be in luck.

I'd love to see some Arab influence on NPR and PBS.

Maybe the snowflakes will see the misogyny of Islam get mainstreamed. That would blow their minds. They couldn't possibly protest Islam, so would they just ignore the misogyny of Islam?

About time. State funded media is a bad idea. We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.

Besides, if NPR and PBS programming is as quality as many say, it will have no problem thriving in a free market.
PBS begs viewers for donations. They don't need our tax dollars.
Oh......yup......sure......uh-huh :blahblah:
You never watch their telethons seeking public funding? Or are we not talking about Public Broadcasting ?

About time. State funded media is a bad idea. We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.

Besides, if NPR and PBS programming is as quality as many say, it will have no problem thriving in a free market.
PBS begs viewers for donations. They don't need our tax dollars.
Oh......yup......sure......uh-huh :blahblah:
You never watch their telethons seeking public funding? Or are we not talking about Public Broadcasting ?

Exactly. They just need to up their fundraising goals to supplant the lost taxpayer subsidy.

Most of NPR's funding comes from listener support and donations from companies. Why a president would want to try to cut federal funding for NPR is beyond me. Trump is one sick fuck. He could cut federal funding for it, but NPR wouldn't go away -- period.

President piece of shit can take his authoritarian fascist fantasies and shove them up his fucking ass.
So if it wouldn't go away then it doesn't need federal funding.

Wrong. Federal funding is essential to their existence. But if it were pulled, they'd be forced to change their entire model, possibly eliminating their broadcast division.
"He could cut federal funding for it, but NPR wouldn't go away -- period." - You

So, how many different positions on this issue are you prepared to take?

Hollywood and the music industry should take all of their awards shows, cut the budgets in half, and donate the other 50% to these causes they are so concerned about that are currently subsidized by taxpayers.

I was complaining about funding any art. If I wasn't clear in that, let me be now.
Why are you opposed to funding art?
Because of a $20 trillion debt.
Don't give that excuse when you plan to spend 12 billion on the Wall.
You see only the negatives of building a wall. I see a cost savings of $160 billion annually taking care of illegals....untold jobs created along with increased revenue.....reduced costs to ICE transporting illegals, court costs, food and temporary housing....so-on.
Most illegals come in legally and do not return. The wall will not help.
All illegal immigrants come here illegally. That's why they're called illegals. Overstays aren't immigrants. They're simply here temporarily on a visa. They aren't immigrating.

Last edited:
Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

Seriously? The left "neutralized" the media long ago by buying it and they've been feeding us crap for the last 20 years.

They never tell us one thing about what's going on in the world. There are virtually no reporters left. They are all simply shouting their opinions, speculation and theories. All I hear is what they "think" Trump will do next. No news whatsoever on the huge earthquake in Italy even made it to the screen. 30 seconds on Flint Michigan. Or the thousands of other things that are about people everyday. No coverage of the protests in the Dakotas on the pipeline long before Trump got there.

Real news is missing from the media and has been for a long time. It's about people. And so far, none of the media's predictions or statements have proven true and all of Trump's have. Evidence is always a good thing to use in forming an opinion. I love that he circumvents them from their leftist propaganda by just tweeting what he wants to say.

Plus he gives interviews to people that show some respect. I don't blame him, as I don't deal with people who don't treat me with respect. I don't have to and I don't think he should either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want to know the name of the idiot who encouraged you to believe that whatever passes through your tiny skull is relevant..

Seriously? The left "neutralized" the media long ago by buying it and they've been feeding us crap for the last 20 years.

Link?
At one time I would have agreed that the media was center left. about two years ago looked up ownership of all main TV media, you may be surprised to know that major media is right owned& leaning now.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

They never tell us one thing about what's going on in the world. There are virtually no reporters left. They are all simply shouting their opinions, speculation and theories. All I hear is what they "think" Trump will do next. No news whatsoever on the huge earthquake in Italy even made it to the screen. 30 seconds on Flint Michigan. Or the thousands of other things that are about people everyday. No coverage of the protests in the Dakotas on the pipeline long before Trump got there.

Real news is missing from the media and has been for a long time. It's about people. And so far, none of the media's predictions or statements have proven true and all of Trump's have. Evidence is always a good thing to use in forming an opinion. I love that he circumvents them from their leftist propaganda by just tweeting what he wants to say.

Plus he gives interviews to people that show some respect. I don't blame him, as I don't deal with people who don't treat me with respect. I don't have to and I don't think he should either.

I want to know the name of the idiot who encouraged you to believe that whatever passes through your tiny skull is relevant..

Link?
At one time I would have agreed that the media was center left. about two years ago looked up ownership of all main TV media, you may be surprised to know that major media is right owned& leaning now.
Ownership has been "center right" to "far right" for most of our lives...

In related news.......

Turkey shuts 15 media outlets and arrests opposition editor
Editor of the Cumhuriyet secularist newspaper arrested in dawn raids with 10,000 more civil servants sacked for alleged terror links

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Lambasting the press is not suppressing the press.
When that happens, the Drumpfsters will wholeheartedly support him.

No, we won't, unlike party hacks like yourself, some of us stand to our principles first.

Yep, in most cases your principles are, "I got mine, fuck the rest of you"; but in your case, someone who pisses and moans about a fee to buy a gun, your guiding principle is simplified, "fuck the rest of you".

The same vulgarity that the nation was subjected to in the Lemming Mar....er, 'Women's March" last weekend.

What is wrong with Liberals....?
(don't answer that...it was rhetorical and the answer is evident)

Something you can't understand, liberals and progressives and Democrats have empathy and value the truth. Your mental illness - Narcissism - and character flaws - mendacity - interfere with rational thinking and common decency.

Post Script: Claiming my use of the word "fuck: is vulgar is laughable and an example of a false defense, the hate you spew against all who disagree with you is an example of real vulgarity.

Last edited:
Why are you opposed to funding art?
Because of a $20 trillion debt.
Don't give that excuse when you plan to spend 12 billion on the Wall.
You see only the negatives of building a wall. I see a cost savings of $160 billion annually taking care of illegals....untold jobs created along with increased revenue.....reduced costs to ICE transporting illegals, court costs, food and temporary housing....so-on.
Uh huh. You got enough for a wall, you got enough for PBS. According to Carbiner, the government funds 15% of its operating costs. It's not going to break Washington to pay for one worthwhile television station.
The question is not if it will break the government. The question is if the government should be in the business of funding television in the first place and particularly if the government should be funding news.

The clear answer here is a resounding no IMHO. There is no reason for the government to be funding news or entertainment.

Or education? Do you believe we are a democratic republic? A nation whose population votes to elect their representatives fits that definition, notwithstanding the myth and meme that the United States is not a democracy.

That said, a democracy needs an informed and educated population to be and remain a nation of The People, by the People and for the people. Both NPR and PBS provide more than news and entertainment - they provide many things and most are informative, educational, substantive and relevant to the lives of voters and soon to be voters (i.e. minors).

PBS pledge nights are the reason televisions had to be switched over to push-button (rather than click-click-click rotary tuning). The racket from millions of people switching away from PBS was disturbing the birds and America was threatened with becoming one gigantic Hitchcock movie!

Link?
Ownership has been "center right" to "far right" for most of our lives...

While a I agree with your statement (Ownership has been "center right" to "far right" for most of our lives) the major networks for the most part did not censor their journalists, they let the story be the news. Yes, some of the news today is editorial, but is it not all liberal as the right claims. Major networks allow the actors to tell the story, in video we see and hear the words of President Trump. Until he or his staff provide evidence that his words are the result of cutting room editing, no one can present a credible argument that they are out to get him.

PBS and NPR were in the tank with Hillary and ran hit pieces on Bernie Sanders. In some respect, it's media outlets like NPR that gave Donald Trump the presidency. Poll after poll said Bernie would beat Trump but the media colluded with the DNC to push a flawed candidate who was destined to lose.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.

Now, perhaps we can finally get rid of all those wasteful school lunch programs and do what Gingrich suggested a few years ago: put those little kids to work cleaning the bathrooms. Hell, that's job training. They'd have a career before they even got to Junior High.

Most of NPR's funding comes from listener support and donations from companies. Why a president would want to try to cut federal funding for NPR is beyond me. Trump is one sick fuck. He could cut federal funding for it, but NPR wouldn't go away -- period.

President piece of shit can take his authoritarian fascist fantasies and shove them up his fucking ass.
So if it wouldn't go away then it doesn't need federal funding.

Wrong. Federal funding is essential to their existence. But if it were pulled, they'd be forced to change their entire model, possibly eliminating their broadcast division.

Or actually put on something people will like to hear or watch.

If you had a restaurant that served health only food, should government subsidize you to keep up with the restaurants that are surviving quite well on their own?

if you can't produce a profit for a product you have, then that product doesn't need to be there in the first place.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.

Now, perhaps we can finally get rid of all those wasteful school lunch programs and do what Gingrich suggested a few years ago: put those little kids to work cleaning the bathrooms. Hell, that's job training. They'd have a career before they even got to Junior High.

We did that in our school and I was part of that program. It worked out just fine.

You've completely misunderstood, and to think 8 people agreed with you. It's mind boggling. Explain to the board how Trump is gaining "complete control of what the public is allowed to know" when he is doing away with GOVERNMENT FUNDED radio. People are free to fund their own stations where they can say whatever they want. This way the government won't control radio and the message.
By attacking the press he confuses the public about what they can believe or not, what is real and what is fake. The news media is hence controlled by neutralizing the impact its reporting can have in educating the public. Trump can say whatever he wants, no matter how big a lie it is and his cover is simply to blame the conspiratorial media that is out to get him. Doesn't matter how provable his lying is, as long as enough people have doubts he gets away with the lie.

So if what you are saying is true, then when did the press get neutralized under Obama? Obama: 'If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan' | PolitiFact

The government lied and there was no attacking the press under Obama, unless it was Fox News, that was acceptable to liberals. It seems the prior administration got away with lies, why was that acceptable then and not acceptable now?

Does the rightwing press attack the rightwing press for errors or lies?

Left nor right attack their own. That is why it is no big deal. The lies will continue whether PBS or NPR are publicly or privately funded. If they can make it on their own, they should be allowed to. Not a right or left issue to me. It's why the hell are we paying for that issue.

They are making it on their own.

Then they don't need my tax money, now do they?

Forum List

Back