Trump to Paul Ryan: Shut up, for you know nothing about birthright citizenship

Whose side are you on?

• Trump

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • Ryan

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
I used to think Ryan had a brain. That was some time ago. His comments on the birthright matter only serve to cement my opinion.

Everyone knows, including Trump, that he cannot erase the matter with a mere Executive Order. He can however steer the matter into the judicial system and into the Supreme Court.

I used to think Ryan had a brain. That was some time ago. His comments on the birthright matter only serve to cement my opinion.

Everyone knows, including Trump, that he cannot erase the matter with a mere Executive Order. He can however steer the matter into the judicial system and into the Supreme Court.
Or get congress to bring up the issue in session, and then either write a new law amending the 14th or being a turncoat and push for more illegal anchor babies, which would be a death wish for Paul.

Or get congress to bring up the issue in session, and then either write a new law amending the 14th or being a turncoat and push for more illegal anchor babies, which would be a death wish for Paul.
How many votes are needed for a constitutional amendment?

How many votes are needed for a constitutional amendment?

Article Five of the United States Constitution describes the process whereby the Constitution, the nation's frame of government, may be altered. Altering the Constitution consists of proposing an amendment or amendments and subsequent ratification. Amendments may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a convention of states called for by two-thirds of the state legislatures. To become part of the Constitution, an amendment must be ratified by either—as determined by Congress—the legislatures of three-quarters of the states or state ratifying conventions in three-quarters of the states. The vote of each state (to either ratify or reject a proposed amendment) carries equal weight, regardless of a state's population or length of time in the Union.

Either way would get it into court.

"either write a new law amending the 14th"......:71:

Another U.S. Government 101 fail.

I take neither side...That said, Ryan needs to STFU for no better reason that he's a lame duck....Go away Eddie Munster, and take Hildabeest with you.

A death wish? You do know he is not running again?

"either write a new law amending the 14th"......:71:

Another U.S. Government 101 fail.

Could happen. That could pop the issue right into the Supreme Court without going through the middlemen.

I mean, it's not as if Congress has never written unconstitutional legislation. :auiqs.jpg:

Ryan exemplifies exactly what is wrong with the GOP. The sooner he is gone, the better.

birthright citizenship = Ted Cruz

all of you hypocritical RW's need to kick his ass out of the country.

I take neither side...That said, Ryan needs to STFU for no better reason that he's a lame duck....Go away Eddie Munster, and take Hildabeest with you.
Ryan's balls & spine didnt grow overnight. This must be a coordinated show. Theater for the midterms.

The far-right gets to rejoice in Trump sticking it to illegals, the moderate right gets to rejoice that their party still has a shred of decency left.

birthright citizenship = Ted Cruz

all of you hypocritical RW's need to kick his ass out of the country.

:auiqs.jpg:

You really should learn something about how these things work, and read his bio while you're at it..

Ryan's balls & spine didnt grow overnight. This must be a coordinated show. Theater for the midterms.

The far-right gets to rejoice in Trump sticking it to illegals, the moderate right gets to rejoice that their party still has a shred of decency left.

Decency is first taking care of your own.

It is hard to believe that the intent of the 14th amendment was to pretend jurisdiction over someone merely born here and raised in a different homeland, sometimes a very hostile homeland.

He can but will fail..

Uh oh.

"Paul Ryan should be focusing on holding the Majority rather than giving his opinions on Birthright Citizenship, something he knows nothing about! Our new Republican Majority will work on this, Closing the Immigration Loopholes and Securing our Border!"
Donald J. Trump on Twitter

I view this in several respects.

(1) Trump obviously HATES others sharing an opinion, something afforded by The 1st Amendment.
(2) Trump obviously HATES a Senator, from the GOP, sharing an opinion, something afforded by The 1st Amendment.
(3) Since you FAILED to mention what Senator Ryan stated concerning this, your thread is a loaded FAIL, FROM THE GET GO.
(4) Trump spoke on the matter & stated a FALSEHOOD that makes Trump look like the stupid dumb ass that he is, offering the implication that POTUS Shit Stain NEVER ATTENDED a CIVICS CLASS.

Since Trump is full of (1) hate (2) more hate (4) is a complete fvcking moron that failed civics class in 5th grade, and (3) your thread is a FAIL, I SIDE WITH Ryan.

AT LEAST Ryan stated something CORRECT, EDUCATED, and TO THE POINT, instead of blowing shit like Drama Queen Trump.

It is hard to believe that the intent of the 14th amendment was to pretend jurisdiction over someone merely born here and raised in a different homeland, sometimes a very hostile homeland.
What does hostile environments in foreign lands have to do with birthright citizenship?

Forum List

Back