Trump to Paul Ryan: Shut up, for you know nothing about birthright citizenship

Whose side are you on?

• Trump

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • Ryan

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Ryan exemplifies exactly what is wrong with the GOP. The sooner he is gone, the better.

So, offering a respectful & correct opinion, afforded by the 1st A, is something you hate?

I see Trump's infection of MY nation has gone further into the shit hole nation realm than even I had imagined.

Thank you for admitting you HATE freedom of speech & The Constitution.

It is hard to believe that the intent of the 14th amendment was to pretend jurisdiction over someone merely born here and raised in a different homeland, sometimes a very hostile homeland.

The US under Trump rule is EXTREMELY HOSTILE; just go ask those dead Jews that got shot up a few days ago, or those folks that were recipients of pipe bombs from the guy that LOVES Trump, the toddlers that were kidnapped from their parents at the border, the dead folks from the white power rallies, or take your pic.

Ryan exemplifies exactly what is wrong with the GOP. The sooner he is gone, the better.

So, offering a respectful & correct opinion, afforded by the 1st A, is something you hate?

I see Trump's infection of MY nation has gone further into the shit hole nation realm than even I had imagined.

No, you stupid f*ing idiot. I hate people who make promises to their supporters right before an election when they have no intention of keeping them. And the "infection" in your nation (whichever one that is) has gone further into the shithole because of idiots like you who vote for Marxists like Obama. Now you can go crawl back under your slimy rock.

No, you stupid f*ing idiot. I hate people who make promises to their supporters right before an election when they have no intention of keeping them. And the "infection" in your nation (whichever one that is) has gone further into the shithole because of idiots like you who vote for Marxists like Obama. Now you can go crawl back under your slimy rock.

Oh, Obama hasn't been POTUS for nearly two years but thanks for letting everyone here know that Obama still haunts you & that you are a racist that hates blacks.

Oh, Obama hasn't been POTUS for nearly two years
What does that have to do with you being stupid?

Me; I'm not stupid but maybe you are.

Trump has demonstrated he has no ability to handle concepts & lessons from a 5th grade level CIVICS class, all while Paul Ryan spoke with clear knowledge on the issue, yet you sit here bitching & whining about your hate for blacks, Obama in particular.

Yep; you be lokkin' pretty stu.

Uh oh.

"Paul Ryan should be focusing on holding the Majority rather than giving his opinions on Birthright Citizenship, something he knows nothing about! Our new Republican Majority will work on this, Closing the Immigration Loopholes and Securing our Border!"
Donald J. Trump on Twitter
/——/ Once repealed make the anchors apply for citizenship

I used to think Ryan had a brain. That was some time ago. His comments on the birthright matter only serve to cement my opinion.

Everyone knows, including Trump, that he cannot erase the matter with a mere Executive Order. He can however steer the matter into the judicial system and into the Supreme Court.
Or get congress to bring up the issue in session, and then either write a new law amending the 14th or being a turncoat and push for more illegal anchor babies, which would be a death wish for Paul.
How many votes are needed for a constitutional amendment?
Well if the Nuclear Option is used, just a simple majority. That would really piss off the Democrats.

I used to think Ryan had a brain. That was some time ago. His comments on the birthright matter only serve to cement my opinion.

Everyone knows, including Trump, that he cannot erase the matter with a mere Executive Order. He can however steer the matter into the judicial system and into the Supreme Court.
Or get congress to bring up the issue in session, and then either write a new law amending the 14th or being a turncoat and push for more illegal anchor babies, which would be a death wish for Paul.

A death wish? You do know he is not running again?
Yeah, I know, do you really think I dont stay up on politics?

So how is it a death wish, if he is done makes no difference. Unless you know of a MAGA bomber plan against him?

To alter an Amendment it would (typically) take a minimum 2/3 of both the House & the Senate, then 3/4 of states would be required to ratify.

There are actually four ways.
(1) Both houses propose an amendment with a two-thirds vote, and three-fourths of the state legislatures approve. Twenty-six of the 27 amendments were approved in this manner.
(2) Both houses propose an amendment with a two-thirds vote, and three-fourths of the states approve the amendment via ratifying conventions. Only the 21st Amendment, which repealed Prohibition, was passed in this manner.
(3) Two-thirds of the state legislatures call on Congress to hold a constitutional convention, and three-fourths of the state legislatures approve the amendment.
(4) Two-thirds of the state legislatures call on Congress to hold a constitutional convention, and three-fourths of the states approve the amendment via ratifying conventions.

Please do tell about that "nuclear option" and while you are LYING go think about the shit you are spreading.

To alter an Amendment it would (typically) take a minimum 2/3 of both the House & the Senate, then 3/4 of states would be required to ratify.

(1) Both houses propose an amendment with a two-thirds vote, and three-fourths of the state legislatures approve. Twenty-six of the 27 amendments were approved in this manner.
(2) Both houses propose an amendment with a two-thirds vote, and three-fourths of the states approve the amendment via ratifying conventions. Only the 21st Amendment, which repealed Prohibition, was passed in this manner.
(3) Two-thirds of the state legislatures call on Congress to hold a constitutional convention, and three-fourths of the state legislatures approve the amendment.
(4) Two-thirds of the state legislatures call on Congress to hold a constitutional convention, and three-fourths of the states approve the amendment via ratifying conventions.

Please do tell about that "nuclear option" and while you are LYING go think about the shit you are spreading.
At one time it took 2/3rd members of the Senate to confirm SCJ nominees. What changed?

Senate goes for 'nuclear option'
Invoking the long-threatened “nuclear option” means that most of President Barack Obama’s judicial and executive branch nominees no longer need to clear a 60-vote threshold to reach the Senate floor and get an up-or-down vote.
duh...

At one time it took 2/3rd members of the Senate to confirm SCJ nominees. What changed?

Senate goes for 'nuclear option'
Invoking the long-threatened “nuclear option” means that most of President Barack Obama’s judicial and executive branch nominees no longer need to clear a 60-vote threshold to reach the Senate floor and get an up-or-down vote.
duh...

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT changing a Constitutional Amendment.

WHY IN HELL are YOU bringing some crap in here concerning POTUS nominees?

STOP SPREADING your shit.

Uh oh.

"Paul Ryan should be focusing on holding the Majority rather than giving his opinions on Birthright Citizenship, something he knows nothing about! Our new Republican Majority will work on this, Closing the Immigration Loopholes and Securing our Border!"
Donald J. Trump on Twitter
Trump is 100% right and Ryan should have realized this is the end game in an election and illegal immigration is a winning issue for Republicans, and that means it is the wrong time to contradict the President, who is the best vote getter the Republicans have, on a winning issue for Republicans.

If you are a liberal, then the 14th amendment supports whatever you want to make legal, and if you are a strict constructionist, as Ryan seems to be, then then the text seems to support birthright citizenship, but if you are an originalists, as Justice Scalia was, then you know the 14th amendment was intended only to address the rights of former slaves in the former Confederate states and then only to set conditions for those states to be represented in Congress it has no relevance to immigration issues; therefore the issue of birthright citizenship is something for the Congress and the President to work out.

Furthermore, if we restrict the discussion to illegal immigrants giving birth on US soil, the circumstance of the child's birth on US soil is the direct result of its mother's illegal act of violating US immigration law and of residing in the US illegally, and allowing her to then claim birthright citizenship would be like allowing a bank robber to keep the money he had stolen, and regardless of how you read the 14th amendment, the circumstance of the child's birth on US soil should have no legal standing.

There are other arguments that could be made, but this second one is probably the most palatable politically and have the best change of passing the test at the Court.

No we are talking about the SCOTUS clarifying the 14th amendment. You libwits constantly harp about interpreting the 2nd amendment so fine we'll have the SCOTUS clear up the 14th. Tissue? :auiqs.jpg:

No we are talking about the SCOTUS clarifying the 14th amendment. You libwits constantly harp about interpreting the 2nd amendment so fine we'll have the SCOTUS clear up the 14th. Tissue? :auiqs.jpg:

Yes, just like I stated in the first sentence you quoted = "WE ARE TALKING ABOUT changing a Constitutional Amendment."

The other dumbass brought the concept of the 'nuclear option' into the conversation; that deals with POTUS nominees & has notta to do with the potential to change an Amendment.

I see you also are NOT very good at paying attention.

Forum List

Back