Trump to women: If you're harassed, quit.

Why would a woman continue working for a company that allowed her to be harassed Gary?

No one should, they should quit, and sue on the way out the door.

Trump said if his daughter was being harassed, he would want her to leave that situation. I'm having a very hard time finding fault in that remark.

Toxic environments should be avoided. I was patted on the ass by a boss and had him stand over me while I was sitting at a computer so he could try to look down my blouse. First incident, I jumped back and said, "Whoah!" Second incident I called him a perv. Third time, I quit. I did not sue. I have no desire to get tangled in an expensive, drawn out legal battle just to teach a lecher a lesson. I've got better things to do with my life than be dragged through the mud and have my wilder days relived publicly. When I was 19, I slept with a boss. Throughout my 20's we socialized with 2 of our bosses, drinking heavily, traveling in a party bus to races in Talladega, visiting each others' homes weekly, weekends in Grand Isle, etc. I doubt a sexual harassment suit would have done me any good, and could have harmed me and my family. No thanks.

Whether one sues or not is a personal choice. Leaving that toxic workplace is the first step in saving one's sanity. It was enough for me.

whats your point?
Trump, in context, apparently implied that the woman shouldn't sue for harassment, just leave.

Suing is a personal choice, leaving is a mandatory one.
if you're being mistreated you have to get out of there.
You don't get it, F&B. Someone like Meghyn Kelly who is a rising tv star with lots and lots of money to make is NOT going to give that all up because Ailes gave her fanny a pinch or made some slobbering remarks. It's so common for stuff like this to happen to women that they rarely let it get in the way of their plans. Unless it's a real frontal assault and there's no choice. Some women even tolerate the Big Nasty, although that's a personal choice. For the majority of us, it's a matter of finding another job, but if you're a bread winner, you can't just go flouncing out the door because the boss got "handy." And in the meantime, you're not going to piss him off by hollering about it.

whats your point?
Trump, in context, apparently implied that the woman shouldn't sue for harassment, just leave.
It looks like you guys/gals already hit the bottom but desire to go beyond that level.
Do not be so f'ing desperate to praise a sexist to get ahead and then years later call them out for being one.
Call out the truth to begin with. Get a lawyer and go after them if you get harassed. Don't go along with it for years and then says oops I was mistreated!
As allegations against his old friend piled up, Trump told NBC’s Chuck Todd on July 24 that, “Some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he's helped them…And when they write books….and say wonderful things about him….[N]ow, all of a sudden, they're saying these horrible things about him.”[quote/]

whats your point?

You don't get it, F&B. Someone like Meghyn Kelly who is a rising tv star with lots and lots of money to make is NOT going to give that all up because Ailes gave her fanny a pinch or made some slobbering remarks. It's so common for stuff like this to happen to women that they rarely let it get in the way of their plans. Unless it's a real frontal assault and there's no choice. Some women even tolerate the Big Nasty, although that's a personal choice. For the majority of us, it's a matter of finding another job, but if you're a bread winner, you can't just go flouncing out the door because the boss got "handy." And in the meantime, you're not going to piss him off by hollering about it.

And that is EXACTLY what Trump was addressing Old Lady. He was saying "don't feel like you have to put up with it, leave"

He's just TERRIBLE with words.

Toxic environments should be avoided. I was patted on the ass by a boss and had him stand over me while I was sitting at a computer so he could try to look down my blouse. First incident, I jumped back and said, "Whoah!" Second incident I called him a perv. Third time, I quit. I did not sue. I have no desire to get tangled in an expensive, drawn out legal battle just to teach a lecher a lesson. I've got better things to do with my life than be dragged through the mud and have my wilder days relived publicly. When I was 19, I slept with a boss. Throughout my 20's we socialized with 2 of our bosses, drinking heavily, traveling in a party bus to races in Talladega, visiting each others' homes weekly, weekends in Grand Isle, etc. I doubt a sexual harassment suit would have done me any good, and could have harmed me and my family. No thanks.

Whether one sues or not is a personal choice. Leaving that toxic workplace is the first step in saving one's sanity. It was enough for me.

You say you're a slutty employee?

want a job?

I kid I kid.

Seriously, call me.

whats your point?
It looks like you guys/gals already hit the bottom but desire to go beyond that level.
Do not be so f'ing desperate to praise a sexist to get ahead and then years later call them out for being one.
Call out the truth to begin with. Get a lawyer and go after them if you get harassed. Don't go along with it for years and then says oops I was mistreated!
As allegations against his old friend piled up, Trump told NBC’s Chuck Todd on July 24 that, “Some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he's helped them…And when they write books….and say wonderful things about him….[N]ow, all of a sudden, they're saying these horrible things about him.”[quote/]
I didn't bring this up. It's stupid and not really news. And certainly no shocker that Trump would advocate a solution that carries no repercussions for the harasser. Up and leaving in a huff isn't all that easy sometimes, or worth it. These other women came forward to support whats-her-name, who, per usual, wasn't being believed.

whats your point?

And that is EXACTLY what Trump was addressing Old Lady. He was saying "don't feel like you have to put up with it, leave"

He's just TERRIBLE with words.
If you say so.

Trump was answering a specific question about his own daughter. Not women in general.

He implied nothing.

The OP "inferred" meaning where none exists.

whats your point?
I didn't bring this up. It's stupid and not really news. And certainly no shocker that Trump would advocate a solution that carries no repercussions for the harasser. Up and leaving in a huff isn't all that easy sometimes, or worth it. These other women came forward to support whats-her-name, who, per usual, wasn't being believed.
Leaving a jerk employer doesn't do any good?

Of course it does, first it deprives said employer of a worker, second that harassed worker will probably make sure everyone she knows understands WHY she left the jerk employer.

What would YOU suggest a woman who's being harassed at work do? Because unless it's a pretty damn clear cut case of sexual harassment calling the government isn't going to help and neither is suing.

And again, you claim that Trump's statements meant that quittings is ALL a woman should do, and that certainly is you reading into things that aren't there.

Also, of the two candidates only one is actually related to a person who has sexually harassed women. In fact, not only did Hillary tolerate such harassment, she joined in calling the women tramps, and trash and all sorts of names.

Forum List

Back