Trump uses the DOJ as Auto Makers don't lower their mpg standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge waste of money.

I agree, CAFE standards waste money and make our cars more dangerous. End them completely.

I have news, when you get more mpg, you save money.

So what's wrong with the consumer making that choice instead of the government? Oh, that's right.....the consumer rejects your green initiative.

Electric cars should be half price, if they want to generate business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The government should force me to buy a more expensive car so I can save money on gas?

Do you hear how stupid that sounds?
The government wants to make car companies make cars with worse mpg. How dumb does that sound? The feds should stay out of it.

The government wants to make car companies make cars with worse mpg.

Liar.

The government wants to stop forcing car companies to increase MPG.

The feds should stay out of it.

States too.
"Roll Back". Do you assfucks know what that means?

Yes, it means Obozo's monumentally stupid 54.5 MPG mandate won't come into effect. Stupid twat.

Aw come on. Clunkers for cash was a high success. [emoji6]

Huge waste of money.

I agree, CAFE standards waste money and make our cars more dangerous. End them completely.

So what's wrong with the consumer making that choice instead of the government? Oh, that's right.....the consumer rejects your green initiative.

Electric cars should be half price, if they want to generate business.

Generate business. I caught that. :auiqs.jpg:

Cars with higher MPG are cheaper.

So we can end CAFE mandates.
So your figures are fartsmoke. Got it.

Exactly, no need for mandates, because everyone will buy cheaper cars with higher MPG.

Glad you agree.
No need for real facts in your world. Loser.

You don't believe more efficient cars are cheaper?
A Tesla can cost $100k. So no.

Or as low as 35K so yes. Tesla is shooting for 25K with Maxwell Batteries instead of Panasanic Batteries.

Huge waste of money.

Lower emissions standards is one of the reasons that Chrysler and GM went bankrupt. The primary reason that American vehicles face high tariffs in Europe is that they don't meet European standards for emisions. Either you adopt the world standard, giving manufacturers greater access to world markets, or you bitch endlessly that American goods aren't treated "fairly".

The same hold true for American farm products - Europe will not accept Frankenfood, or anything involving Monsanto and their poisonous seeds.

Lower emissions standards is one of the reasons that Chrysler and GM went bankrupt.

Higher emissions standards is one of the reasons that Chrysler and GM went bankrupt.

Europe will not accept Frankenfood, or anything involving Monsanto and their poisonous seeds.

Because they're morons, like you.

And this is why Europe won’t trade with you.

If I want to sell you something, I don’t start by calling you a moron and then insult you further by insisting you buy something you don’t want.

Corporatism has inflicted Monsanto’s poisons on Americans but the rest of the world is banning them and rightfully so. Bee killing, seed destroying assholes.

You’re the morons here. Expecting everyone to bend to the same bullshit you’ve fallen for. We have every right to keep these crap out of our countries.

So your figures are fartsmoke. Got it.

Exactly, no need for mandates, because everyone will buy cheaper cars with higher MPG.

Glad you agree.

Or as low as 35K so yes. Tesla is shooting for 25K with Maxwell Batteries instead of Panasanic Batteries.
Lol
Tesla is fucking joke, musk is a fucking bat shit crazy moron....

Huge waste of money.

Lower emissions standards is one of the reasons that Chrysler and GM went bankrupt. The primary reason that American vehicles face high tariffs in Europe is that they don't meet European standards for emisions. Either you adopt the world standard, giving manufacturers greater access to world markets, or you bitch endlessly that American goods aren't treated "fairly".

The same hold true for American farm products - Europe will not accept Frankenfood, or anything involving Monsanto and their poisonous seeds.

Lower emissions standards is one of the reasons that Chrysler and GM went bankrupt.

Higher emissions standards is one of the reasons that Chrysler and GM went bankrupt.

Europe will not accept Frankenfood, or anything involving Monsanto and their poisonous seeds.

If I want to sell you something, I don’t start by calling you a moron and then insult you further by insisting you buy something you don’t want.

Corporatism has inflicted Monsanto’s poisons on Americans but the rest of the world is banning them and rightfully so. Bee killing, seed destroying assholes.

You’re the morons here. Expecting everyone to bend to the same bullshit you’ve fallen for. We have every right to keep these crap out of our countries.

If I want to sell you something, I don’t start by calling you a moron

If you think GMO seeds are poison, you're a moron.

We have every right to keep these crap out of our countries.

Protectionism is cool!

Glad you agree.

Lol
Tesla is fucking joke, musk is a fucking bat shit crazy moron....
Because you could send rockets into space too?

What vehicle do you own?

I own a Prius.

I put Chevron gas in it so I get a higher mileage than those who put cheap gas in their cars. The cheap gas clogs my fuel injectors. I stopped buying cheap gas in the early 90s when the fuel injectors of my Subaru were clogged. The mechanic who fixed it recommended Chevron gas to never have that problem again. I've not had that problem since.

In the summer I get between 56 and 60 mpg. In the winter I get between 50 and 55 mpg.

I made the decision in 2001 to never buy another regular gas car again. And I haven't. This Prius is the 3rd one. I've had a Honda Civic hybrid too but wasn't impressed. I like the Prius much better.

Wow...your Prius gets about the same mileage my father in law's elderly VW Jetta managed...except his had 380,000 miles. He had to replace it a couple years ago...the replacement gets about 45MPG. It also cost about half as much as a Prius.

Actually that Jetta costs more than a Prius.

I don't see a Jetta getting 45 mpg either. I think highway the are up around 40 on the highway, thanks to a more efficient engine.
1991 ECOdiesel Wolfsburg.

Not bad for 1991, not 45 mpg though either.

Gas Mileage of 1991 Volkswagen Jetta

Huge waste of money.

Protectionism is cool!

We don't really know if GMO seeds are poison. All of Monsanto's chemicals and seeds have been so good for the environment that we now have a crisis with bees and other polinators. Not to mention farmers can't harvest seeds any more. These are not good things.

If we feel the products are dangerous and not adequately tested, it's not "protectionism" to keep the poisons out - it's self protection.

Just ask yourself, why did Monsanto need protection from lawsuits if their products are so good for the world?

Protectionism is cool!

We don't really know if GMO seeds are poison. All of Monsanto's chemicals and seeds have been so good for the environment that we now have a crisis with bees and other polinators. Not to mention farmers can't harvest seeds any more. These are not good things.

If we feel the products are dangerous and not adequately tested, it's not "protectionism" to keep the poisons out - it's self protection.

Just ask yourself, why did Monsanto need protection from lawsuits if their products are so good for the world?
We don't really know if GMO seeds are poison.

There is zero evidence that any GMO seed is poison.

Not to mention farmers can't harvest seeds any more.

You're lying.

If it protects your local industry, you'll believe all sorts of BS.

Any specifics? Or is this just more of your imagined BS?

Four automakers bucked Trump policy on emissions. Now they are under antitrust investigation - CNN

Trump will send the DOJ to investigate auto makers who made agreements with California and won't lower their MPGs like the crybaby-in-chief ordered.

Will Trump EVER move beyond an 8th grade mentality?
Will you ever be President?

Nope

Cry on
Bill Barr is a very independent and thoughtful custodian of the DOJ. Hail Trump.
Fuck barr he is deep state he already let Homey go

Protectionism is cool!

You're lying.

Google it idiot. Monsanto has been ordered to pay millions because Roundup causes cancer. Bees populations are declining worldwide due to their poisons.

Protectionism is cool!

You're lying.

Google it idiot. Monsanto has been ordered to pay millions because Roundup causes cancer. Bees populations are declining worldwide due to their poisons.
Nope, because roundup is still for sale bees are dying because they have mites

Are we into x file land now?

Because a cube chased me around my yard at mach 10

Protectionism is cool!

You're lying.

Google it idiot.

I did. I Googled, "evidence for Dragonlady's stupid fucking claim", I didn't see anything about Monsanto needing protection from lawsuits.

Monsanto has been ordered to pay millions because Roundup causes cancer.

Juries tend to be the people too stupid to get out of jury duty.

Bees populations are declining worldwide due to their poisons.

You have any evidence bees are declining because of Roundup or GMO seeds?

Protectionism is cool!

You're lying.

Google it idiot.

I did. I Googled, "evidence for Dragonlady's stupid fucking claim", I didn't see anything about Monsanto needing protection from lawsuits.

Monsanto has been ordered to pay millions because Roundup causes cancer.

Juries tend to be the people too stupid to get out of jury duty.

Bees populations are declining worldwide due to their poisons.

You have any evidence bees are declining because of Roundup or GMO seeds?
No but she watches the x files

I own a Prius.

I put Chevron gas in it so I get a higher mileage than those who put cheap gas in their cars. The cheap gas clogs my fuel injectors. I stopped buying cheap gas in the early 90s when the fuel injectors of my Subaru were clogged. The mechanic who fixed it recommended Chevron gas to never have that problem again. I've not had that problem since.

In the summer I get between 56 and 60 mpg. In the winter I get between 50 and 55 mpg.

I made the decision in 2001 to never buy another regular gas car again. And I haven't. This Prius is the 3rd one. I've had a Honda Civic hybrid too but wasn't impressed. I like the Prius much better.

Wow...your Prius gets about the same mileage my father in law's elderly VW Jetta managed...except his had 380,000 miles. He had to replace it a couple years ago...the replacement gets about 45MPG. It also cost about half as much as a Prius.

Actually that Jetta costs more than a Prius.

I don't see a Jetta getting 45 mpg either. I think highway the are up around 40 on the highway, thanks to a more efficient engine.
1991 ECOdiesel Wolfsburg.

Not bad for 1991, not 45 mpg though either.

Gas Mileage of 1991 Volkswagen Jetta

Logging fuel purchases and miles driven over 250,000 miles, the car averaged mid 40s winter and 48-50 summer. Only tanks under 40MPG involved city driving and hours of idling.

The replacement gets low 40s.summer, 37-40 winter...and cost about half as much as a Prius.

President Trump fighting for Americans again, refuses to allow creepy California to dictate to the rest of the country. Good job Trump. Rot in hell Dem's.
So you want future cars to cost you more money in gas? Is that your final answer?

Exactly!
We should all have to pay $10,000 more for a car that saves us $3000 in gas.
Because, liberal math.
Because these cars are not $10,000 more. You are lying.

If you drive 12K miles a year at 20 mpg that is 600 gallons

If you drive 12K miles a year at 40 mpg, that is 300 gallons

300 gallons at $2.50 is $750.00/yr. I've been running my Prius for 13 years. I saved nearly $10K.

I paid $23,500 for my prius. Show me any comparable size car selling for $13,500 in 2006.

Yeah and you stole money by not paying your fair share in highway taxes, you are getting subsidized by poor people who take the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back