Trump v Jesus

Have you found Jesus? Did he tell you that Trump colluded with Russia?
I have found Jesus and He is my faith and my hope. The fact that anyone believes He would take political sides is in my opinion misguided. My post was not about collusion. It was about my sorrow that people —- all people—- no longer believe in Jesus the way they used to. Replacing Him with worldly figures denies faith and reduces us all. Just my opinion.

Jesus was repeatedly asked to help the Zealots in getting the people to rise up against Rome and throw off the oppressors and his response was always that His kingdom was not of this world.

Judas betrayed Jesus precisely because He wouldn’t help the rebels against the Romans. Judas had thought that Jesus could lead the cause when he became a disciple.

The Romans went along with the cruxifiction of Jesus because they feared that He could lead a revolt against their rule via the puppet King Herod. But they wanted Herod and the Pharisees to take responsibility for His death so as not to further inflame the locals.

While the crucifiction was foretold in the Old Testament, it had to make sense politically at the time in order for it to happen. The Romans feared Jesus’ influence with the masses, as did the Pharisees and King Herod, all for their own reasons.

Have you found Jesus? Did he tell you that Trump colluded with Russia?
I have found Jesus and He is my faith and my hope. The fact that anyone believes He would take political sides is in my opinion misguided. My post was not about collusion. It was about my sorrow that people —- all people—- no longer believe in Jesus the way they used to. Replacing Him with worldly figures denies faith and reduces us all. Just my opinion.

Jesus was repeatedly asked to help the Zealots in getting the people to rise up against Rome and throw off the oppressors and his response was always that His kingdom was not of this world.

Judas betrayed Jesus precisely because He wouldn’t help the rebels against the Romans. Judas had thought that Jesus could lead the cause when he became a disciple.

The Romans went along with the cruxifiction of Jesus because they feared that He could lead a revolt against their rule via the puppet King Herod. But they wanted Herod and the Pharisees to take responsibility for His death so as not to further inflame the locals.

While the crucifiction was foretold in the Old Testament, it had to make sense politically at the time in order for it to happen. The Romans feared Jesus’ influence with the masses, as did the Pharisees and King Herod, all for their own reasons.
I agree with a lot of this but I think Judas’ betrayal was spiritual not political.

The sad thing is many young people have turned away from the church as church leaders turn away from the good works in the bible. preaching scary going to hell if you don't do as I say, while grabbing up all the money they can, living like kings or acting like kings with out any humility. people need a loving God , what use is a unkind political God.

It's that prosperity gospel bullshit. If someone is rich, they must be in God's favor.

It's that prosperity gospel bullshit. If someone is rich, they must be in God's favor.
It may work in other cultures, but I agree it's a killer for God in this one. I'll work for some. I have to say it works in the second largest church in my city, and possibly the largest as well. But outside the South, it doesn't work, and it's no secret that the best educated kids here .... move.

Forum List

Back