trump warns of "Death and Destruction" if he is indicted

Put Schumer in the cell next to him.

For what? For saying he and his buddies in the GOP will pay a price for repealing Roe?

He didn't put it that way explicitly. But it was an emotional remark and I will cut him some slack that that was what he meant. If we had to indict everyone for what they said in a heated moment we'd all be in jail.

And they did pay a price for it --The Repubs were predicted to have a massive wave on twenty 2022 but it didn't happen

Last edited:
threatening 2 Justices
Let me remind you, Pence is saying such speech is protected by the speech and debate clause. Which certainly applies to Schumer, as opposed to Pence who is not a constitutional member of congress with debate privileges.

Let me remind you, Pence is saying such speech is protected by the speech and debate clause. Which certainly applies to Schumer, as opposed to Pence who is not a constitutional member of congress with debate privileges.
speech and debate clause
": a clause in Article I, Section 6 of the U.S. Constitution granting members of Congress a privilege from arrest and legislative immunity for any speech or debate made in either of the houses"

doesn't' apply

He wasn't in Congress, he was on the steps of the Supreme Court.

Nothing is going to happen and he isn't going to be arrested.
I disagree. It's possible that the evidence we see leaking out, may stop THIS indictment, maybe. He WILL be indicted for something in DC and of course, that will guarantee a conviction. Then we get months of the media whores repeating a mantra about him being "disqualified". They are setting the stage for violence after the election, if he should win.

It is entirely possible that his rants and threats will induce the Grand Jury to actually vote for an indictment against him. He will continue to poke the bear until the bear bites back.
Considering how much he would benefit from it, I'd imagine he fully understands what he's doing. Do you? You folks seem so obsessed to take him down, you keep falling into his traps for you while he laughs all the way to the bank.

Regardless of your - rather vitriolic - personal disgust for him AND his supporters, you seem incapable of accepting the consequences of tens of millions of Americans being so sick and fed up with DC's crimes that they have chosen this guy to send all of them a big "F YOU" Do you get that, yet?

This isn't about cult worship, it's a struggle for the soul of this nation and you lot have a fight on your hands that your media sources aren't telling you about. Time to wake up.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Obviously he is threatening the NY DA. How is he going to react when the Fulton County and DOJ begin to deliberate on a possible indictment? I have never seen anything like this man's reaction and desperation before.
He may still have the football.

": a clause in Article I, Section 6 of the U.S. Constitution granting members of Congress a privilege from arrest and legislative immunity for any speech or debate made in either of the houses"

doesn't' apply

He wasn't in Congress, he was on the steps of the Supreme Court.
The USSC already said that the clause applies both on and of the floor of congress.

That it covers legislative activity by both the member, and his aides, no matter where located.

The USSC already said that the clause applies both on and of the floor of congress.

That it covers legislative activity by both the member, and his aides, no matter where located.

Did you read your link?

"The general purpose of the speech and debate clause is to protect members of Congress from having to worry that anything they say in the course of legislative activities will implicate them in a lawsuit."

A protest on the steps of the Supreme Court can hardly be considered ' legislative activities'

Obviously he is threatening the NY DA. How is he going to react when the Fulton County and DOJ begin to deliberate on a possible indictment? I have never seen anything like this man's reaction and desperation before.
This comment , If correct , will come back to haunt in 24

Did you read your link?

"The general purpose of the speech and debate clause is to protect members of Congress from having to worry that anything they say in the course of legislative activities will implicate them in a lawsuit."

A protest on the steps of the Supreme Court can hardly be considered ' legislative activities'
Schummer was threatening "legislative action" against Supreme Court members. which does constitute "legislative activity" and is protected no matter where such activity is presented.

Your problem is trying to mischaracterize Schumers "legislative" threat, with a "criminal" threat.

Schummer was threatening "legislative action" against Supreme Court members. which does constitute "legislative activity" and is protected no matter where such activity is presented.

Your problem is trying to mischaracterize Schumers "legislative" threat, with a "criminal" threat.
Your problem is trying to mischaracterize Schumers "criminal" threat, with a "legislative" threat.

Forum List

Back