Trump we will guard our border with our military

Orange turd has been dying to have the US military operate on US soil. He's got to show Putin he can do it.

Yes the military to stop a fictitious 'caravan' of women and children in school clothes. Maybe he'll have the troops conduct a parade on the border and goosestep for him.

Looks like it may happen.

BREAKING: Trump Says Military Will Be Used To Protect Border

I like it. Whatever it takes.

One would think that you guys would understand by now that Trump tweeting about something is not to be taken as an implication that anything will actually happen.

The Posse Comitatus Act would be a difficult hurdle to overcome.

Not if he used NG's on the border, backed up by regular troops.

If Trump orders out the NG then they would be subject to the same restrictions as the military would be. The states would have to pay for it to get around that.

The Posse Comitatus Act states in plain english that the military cannot be used on US soil to enforce the law.

Immigration law is law.

QED.

This isn't complicated.

tweet Trump and tell him - he's too dumb to know our laws and how they work.

The Posse Comitatus Act states in plain english that the military cannot be used on US soil to enforce the law.

Immigration law is law.

QED.

This isn't complicated.

It's not complicated at all....Myself and others have proved you wrong several times so far....so are you now in the "chanting" phase with your eyes closed and ears plugged?

toy-monkeys-picture-id101579289

One would think that you guys would understand by now that Trump tweeting about something is not to be taken as an implication that anything will actually happen.

The PURPOSE of the military is national defense e.g. US borders. This has nothing to do with Posse Comitatus.

Of course it does. Barring exceptional circumstances, the Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the deployment of US military on US soil.

And again...It does not include the Army or Air National Guard.

It prohibits using combat troops for domestic situations. Guarding the
American border from an invasion is NOT a domestic situation.

But it is all irrelevent if he uses the National Guard. (Army and Air)

He can deploy the Guard and stop the "invaders" in their tracks.

Guarding the border from an invading foreign army would be cause to use the military at the border.

Refugees fleeing their country because of violence and poverty isn't quite an invading army.

I see that the scary speech you heard from Trump has motivated you to believe a bunch of refugees fleeing violence is an invading army. What weapons are they going to use? What country has sent them?

Immigration law is law.

QED.

This isn't complicated.

Eisenhower and lincoln invoked it. It does state that but cooper v. aaron rejected a contention advanced by critics of the legality of eisenhowers conduct.

Orange turd has been dying to have the US military operate on US soil. He's got to show Putin he can do it.

Yes the military to stop a fictitious 'caravan' of women and children in school clothes. Maybe he'll have the troops conduct a parade on the border and goosestep for him.

Hey, if he can get people comfortable with military patrols in their towns, it will make it easier for him to become supreme dictator.

They can sit on the border and watch people cross the border. If they take any action they will be enforcing civilian law. That is illegal.

I wonder if any of those on the right know how expensive it will be to have them do that? Yes, he can use NG troops if he has the state's permission, or he can federalize them.

But the thing nobody is talking about is their pay. When they are activated, they immediately start drawing pay for whatever their rank is, and they continue to receive full pay until they are sent home. That is money we wouldn't normally be spending.

You think defending our borders is civil law enforcement? WTF? Can you dress yourself?

Just curious since you don't think the role of the military is to secure our borders what you think the military is for since normal people know that's their primary mission. In fact what else do they do? Pick up pizzas and deliver them?

We are not at war with Canada or Mexico ! Do you realize the commerce that happens at our border on a daily basis ?

What next ? Have the Air Force run our airports ?

I don't know what any of that means, but neither do you.

So answer the question. If the military isn't supposed to defend our borders, what do you believe its purpose is? I'm not aware of any other role they play
Which one of our borders is in Iraq? In S. Korea? In Afghanistan? In Germany?

Immigration law is law.

QED.

This isn't complicated.

Eisenhower and lincoln invoked it. It does state that but cooper v. aaron rejected a contention advanced by critics of the legality of eisenhowers conduct.

Cooper v. Aaron had nothing to do with deploying the military, or executive power.

Last edited:

They can sit on the border and watch people cross the border. If they take any action they will be enforcing civilian law. That is illegal.

I wonder if any of those on the right know how expensive it will be to have them do that? Yes, he can use NG troops if he has the state's permission, or he can federalize them.

But the thing nobody is talking about is their pay. When they are activated, they immediately start drawing pay for whatever their rank is, and they continue to receive full pay until they are sent home. That is money we wouldn't normally be spending.
And let's not forget to ask what the ROE will be? Shoot down women and children? I know some here would enjoy that.

First of all, "invading horde" is a silly characterization. Secondly, I am pretty sure ICE is a law enforcement agency. Third, if this is an invasion, who is it an invasion by? Fourth, why would the only bodies be south of the border? Do you think no illegals enter the country through the Canadian border? Fifth, I'd say there is no realistic chance that the federal government will authorize using lethal force on someone simply because they enter the country illegally (ignoring whether such an order would be deemed legal/Constitutional). Finally, I did not say that Posse Comitatus was necessarily the argument being made, merely that is might be.

On the use of lethal force, here's the dilemma, If you shoot at them BEFORE they cross the border, you are shooting Mexican citizens on Mexican soil, which can be deemed an act of war. If you wait until they cross the border, they are entitled to the full protection of the Constitution and American Law, therefore it becomes a LE mission and you can't shoot them.
They aren't Mexican citizens. They are Honduran citizens. Shoot them on the Mexican side and let mex bellyache over it.

If we kill people on the Mexican side of the border, it can be considered an act of war. If they cross over the border, all the military will be able to do is point and say "there they are". They don't have the authority to arrest, detain, or shoot anyone on US soil. Only BP and LE can do that.

Remember when Jr. tried to do it and it failed? If Trump tries to do it, he's gonna fail as well.
if Mexico is letting invaders in from Mexico--that is an act of war by MEXICO!!!!
so the US would be defending herself--not committing an act of war
An invasion of gardeners, nannies and maids?

Where is the Army?
shoot them DEAD!!!

Immigration law is law.

QED.

This isn't complicated.

It's not complicated at all....Myself and others have proved you wrong several times so far....so are you now in the "chanting" phase with your eyes closed and ears plugged?

toy-monkeys-picture-id101579289

:lol:

And let's not forget to ask what the ROE will be? Shoot down women and children? I know some here would enjoy that.

Well, when Jr. did it, all the troops could do was point and say "there they are". They had no authority to arrest, detain, or even shoot them. The only thing they were allowed was to defend themselves if they were attacked first.

The PURPOSE of the military is national defense e.g. US borders. This has nothing to do with Posse Comitatus.

Of course it does. Barring exceptional circumstances, the Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the deployment of US military on US soil.

Only with the permission of the States he's borrowing the guard from, or by declaring a national emergency.

So he calls Abbott in Austin and tells him to send in the Guard. You
think Abbott would refuse? I don't.

Declaring a National Emergency is the easy way to go. He then puts the
Guard under Federal Control and away from the States.

During the riots of the 60's there were numerous times when Federal
Troops were ordered in by the President to return law and order.

Ike did it in Little Rock in the 50's when he sent in the 101st Airborne.
The riots by Vets was met by MacArthur and Federal Troops in Washington
DC in the 20's or 30's.

Trump, btw, is now saying he will put the Military on the border to guard it
until the wall is built. He is not deploying combat troops on American soil
he is using troops to guard our International Borders, which are only controlled
by the Fed govt. not the States.

He is upping the ante to protect the border.

Only with the permission of the States he's borrowing the guard from, or by declaring a national emergency.

So he calls Abbott in Austin and tells him to send in the Guard. You
think Abbott would refuse? I don't.

Declaring a National Emergency is the easy way to go. He then puts the
Guard under Federal Control and away from the States.

During the riots of the 60's there were numerous times when Federal
Troops were ordered in by the President to return law and order.

Ike did it in Little Rock in the 50's when he sent in the 101st Airborne.
The riots by Vets was met by MacArthur and Federal Troops in Washington
DC in the 20's or 30's.

Trump, btw, is now saying he will put the Military on the border to guard it
until the wall is built. He is not deploying combat troops on American soil
he is using troops to guard our International Borders, which are only controlled
by the Fed govt. not the States.

He is upping the ante to protect the border.

The Insurrection Act allows the President, with consent of Congress, to deploy US military to quell civil unrest.

It does not contain an exception for "border control".

As for whether Abbott will deploy the Guard to the border - do you think he'll want to pay for it?

I really don't think they're going to call on someone who was too scared to go to a USO.

Which is why Trump will not have to worry about it.
Trump was never in the military and has likely never gone to a USO. Gaybiker on the other hand wouldn't get off his ship on shore leave even to go to a USO. A regular profile in courage. Meanwhile civilian employees like my mother worked there.

The wrong stuff I guess.

Actually, what I told you was that when Reagan was in office, we had to keep our heads on a swivel because USO's were being bombed. Yeah, I think checking for things like that is just prudent. Especially when there were bombings happening in all sorts of places US troops liked to frequent.

How many years did you serve again Meathead? I did a full 20 in 4 war zones.

Oh wait....................forgot..................you just like to troll people.
Did I misquote you? You said you wouldn't leave your ship to go to a USO in a foreign port because Reagan's policies were putting you in danger. Sorry, that's what you said, so take it easy on the blood-and-guts bit, eh?

Not the right stuff, surely.

I really don't think they're going to call on someone who was too scared to go to a USO.

Which is why Trump will not have to worry about it.
Trump was never in the military and has likely never gone to a USO. Gaybiker on the other hand wouldn't get off his ship on shore leave even to go to a USO. A regular profile in courage. Meanwhile civilian employees like my mother worked there.

The wrong stuff I guess.

Actually, what I told you was that when Reagan was in office, we had to keep our heads on a swivel because USO's were being bombed. Yeah, I think checking for things like that is just prudent. Especially when there were bombings happening in all sorts of places US troops liked to frequent.

How many years did you serve again Meathead? I did a full 20 in 4 war zones.

Oh wait....................forgot..................you just like to troll people.
Did I misquote you? You said you wouldn't leave your ship to go to a USO in a foreign port because Reagan's policies were putting you in danger. Sorry, that's what you said, so take it easy on the blood-and-guts bit, eh?

Not the right stuff, surely.

Find the quote. Never said I wouldn't leave the ship.

Where are all the fake double-chin 'militias' to volunteer to patrol the border? I'm sure there are 7/11's nearby so you can stay stocked up on Slim Jims and slushees.

Forum List

Back