Trump we will guard our border with our military

And further - no, that's not what the military is for. They do not exist to "handle threats beyond law enforcement". They exist to fight enemy soldiers - full stop.

Doc, that made me chuckle a bit. You mean to tell me that our military can't be utilized for other useful purposes rather than fighting and blowing up things?

Perhaps you should read the oath of enlistment. Our soldiers are sworn to protect and defend the US and the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. Take note of the word "domestic." If you are a foreign national who willfully breaks federal law to get here, you not only broke the federal law (written in compliance with our Constitution), but you have violated the constitutional rights of every legal and natural born citizen already living here. If you are willing to break our laws to get here, there may be no telling what other laws you would break to get your way.

So, in a nutshell, that makes you a threat. A threat when so much as the first toe is put forward onto our soil. Protecting our borders and sovereignty from those selfsame threats falls within the oath our soldiers swore. You don't have to like it, but that's just the way it is.

Last edited:
They haven't broken any US laws yet

But as soon as they step one foot on American soil without permission from the Federal Government, they will. It won't matter if they are angels from there on out, they will have already broken the law. You cannot call anyone who comes here illegally who obeys every other law we have "law abiding", because they have already broken that one single law.

Of course. And as soon as they do, they are within the province of domestic law enforcement, and the military can't touch them.
Legally speaking, they are trespassers. Some of them are violent, that makes them akin to enemy combatants. If you think state and local law enforcement are sufficient to handle that, you have been purposefully misled. That is what our military is for, to handle threats that are beyond the scope and capabilities of domestic law enforcement.

"Trespassing" is a matter for law enforcement. And no, the fact that some of them may be "violent" does not make them "akin" to enemy combatants. It just doesn't.

And further - no, that's not what the military is for. They do not exist to "handle threats beyond law enforcement". They exist to fight enemy soldiers - full stop.
LMAO! You idiot.

I'm going to come to your country illegally, take a job from one of your people, hopefully squeez out a kid who you have to give citizenship to, collect some welfare with that kid, you pay for it's education and healthcare, and if you deport me you're racist.

The new liberal definition of trespassing ladies and gentlemen.

There will be military on the Northern border too, right? And can we believe this will also be used to keep people in?

That's so stupid. We aren't being invaded from Canada. But of course the military should be ready in case we are.

Remember how you used to pretend you were in the military? In your imaginary life, did you go where the bad guys were or go everywhere equally so we didn't commit a microaggression against ISIS?

This is what you are hanging your hat on?

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Geez. We are not being “invaded” . We have commerce with Mexico . Tourists and legal immigration by both countries every day .
1500 people illegally trying to enter at once is an invasion. i don't see what else you would call it. I'm open, give me an idea.

None of these people are armed nor are they under the direction of a foreign power. If you say they are illegal then they are breaking civilian laws.
A technicality. If they lose a few due to hostile fire, it'll discourage them. Personally, I'm in favor of land mines. After a few blow up, the rest will crawl back, minus legs, to their own nations.

Whatever it takes. We clearly are being invaded
We’ve been invaded
i still like my proposal to line the border with giant speakers and play Yoko Ono's greatest hits at 500 decibles 24/7

1500 people illegally trying to enter at once is an invasion. i don't see what else you would call it. I'm open, give me an idea.

None of these people are armed nor are they under the direction of a foreign power. If you say they are illegal then they are breaking civilian laws.
A technicality. If they lose a few due to hostile fire, it'll discourage them. Personally, I'm in favor of land mines. After a few blow up, the rest will crawl back, minus legs, to their own nations.

Whatever it takes. We clearly are being invaded
We’ve been invaded
i still like my proposal to line the border with giant speakers and play Yoko Ono's greatest hits at 500 decibles 24/7
:puke:

There will be military on the Northern border too, right? And can we believe this will also be used to keep people in?

That's so stupid. We aren't being invaded from Canada. But of course the military should be ready in case we are.

Remember how you used to pretend you were in the military? In your imaginary life, did you go where the bad guys were or go everywhere equally so we didn't commit a microaggression against ISIS?
We most certainly are...it's very easy to cross the border at Canada and many do......and always have....

We most certainly are...it's very easy to cross the border at Canada and many do......and always have....

That doesn't support that we are being invaded from Canada. You weren't exactly a start student in middle school, were you?

Doc, that made me chuckle a bit. You mean to tell me that our military can't be utilized for other useful purposes rather than fighting and blowing up things?

Perhaps you should read the oath of enlistment. Our soldiers are sworn to protect and defend the US and the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. Take note of the word "domestic." If you are a foreign national who willfully breaks federal law to get here, you not only broke the federal law (written in compliance with our Constitution), but you have violated the constitutional rights of every legal and natural born citizen already living here. If you are willing to break our laws to get here, there may be no telling what other laws you would break to get your way.

So, in a nutshell, that makes them a threat. A threat when so much as the first toe is put forward onto our soil. Protecting our borders and sovereignty from those selfsame threats falls within the oath our soldiers swore. You don't have to like it, but that's just the way it is.

Well, no. That's not "the way it is". This is a nation of laws.

You can parse the Oath of Enlistment as much as you want, it doesn't matter. It's not the law.

The Posse Comitatus Act is the law.

This is a settled issue. It's been to the Court, it's not open to question.

they have no authority to come here that makes them militants.

:lol:

No, it doesn't.

Words have meanings.

Not to you. You look at protecting the States from outside invaders and you read organized army. That isn't what it says. Their job is to protect us from any threat. People entering our country without our being able to check them out are a threat

I read that to mean an organized army, because that's what the founders meant when they wrote it. You could call it "strict originalism", if you like.
How do you know what they meant? You there? LOL the stuff you all say is fking great

Doc knows that without a steady inflow of criminals the Democrat party is screwed. He's just protecting his government handouts
He must be one of those team mates that allows his team to lose. Drop fly balls to throw a game

So, in a nutshell, that makes them a threat. A threat when so much as the first toe is put forward onto our soil. Protecting our borders and sovereignty from those selfsame threats falls within the oath our soldiers swore. You don't have to like it, but that's just the way it is.

You can parse the Oath of Enlistment as much as you want, it doesn't matter. It's not the law.

Well you’re wrong. Not unnormal

Interestingly enough, I never said anything about using our military to subvert state and local law enforcement.

The Posse Comitatus Act is irrelevant.

Additionally, if we are a "nation of laws" then why aren't we enforcing the ones pertaining to illegal immigration? Why aren't we doing everything we can to ensure those laws are being obeyed?

No, we currently are not a "nation of laws" we are currently a nation who likes to selectively apply the law to suit political agendas. To say we are "a nation of laws" is not true. Not currently.

Last edited:

Interestingly enough, I never said anything about using our military to subvert state and local law enforcement.

Additionally, if we are a "nation of laws" then why aren't we enforcing the ones pertaining to illegal immigration? Why aren't we doing everything we can to ensure those laws are being obeyed?

No, we currently are not a "nation of laws" we are currently a nation who likes to selectively apply the law to suit political agendas. To say we are "a nation of laws" is not true. Not currently.

No, it is not irrelevant. You don't feel it applies, whatever. That doesn't make it irrelevant.

No, it is not irrelevant. You don't feel it applies, whatever. That doesn't make it irrelevant.

It is irrelevant to my position. You don't get to dictate what is or isn't relevant to my position. Now move along.

The PCA isn't "irrelevant".

If Trump deploys the military to the border, it'll be in the same context that Bush and Obama did - as "advisers" and "support".

No rhetorical device will change the law.

Forum List

Back