Trump "Write Ins" if Cruz gets Nomination?

If Cruz gets nomination, will Trumps faithful do "write ins"?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Depends / Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
I won't vote for Cruz.

I don't like any of them, but I thoroughly detest the Democratic Party and all it has become, and will vote for whoever is NOT the Democrat candidate.

Unless you want the country to continue upon the path it's on, hold your nose and vote for whoever. A write-in cannot win.

that kind of attitude is WHY a write in can not win. But people have to really want it and be committed to it or the candidate.
Not sure that commitment is there....

We are not a multi-party system. Write-ins and 3rd parties IN THIS TIME only pull votes from one of the two parties with influence.

That could change, but any 3rd party will have to enjoy far more support and influence than any currently extant. Just a fact.

I'm not sure a multi-party system would be good here anyway. Look at Italy for example. They have changed governments what - 56 times in recent history? That's nuts.

I won't vote for Cruz.

I don't like any of them, but I thoroughly detest the Democratic Party and all it has become, and will vote for whoever is NOT the Democrat candidate.

Unless you want the country to continue upon the path it's on, hold your nose and vote for whoever. A write-in cannot win.
"Path it's on" you mean higher rate of employment and growing GDP

And the cow jumped over the moon.

I mean the transformation of the United States into Venezuela.

I won't vote for Cruz.

that kind of attitude is WHY a write in can not win. But people have to really want it and be committed to it or the candidate.

We are not a multi-party system. Write-ins and 3rd parties IN THIS TIME only pull votes from one of the two parties with influence.

That could change, but any 3rd party will have to enjoy far more support and influence than any currently extant. Just a fact.

I'm not sure a multi-party system would be good here anyway. Look at Italy for example. They have changed governments what - 56 times in recent history? That's nuts.

Good point.
Can't wait until the conventions are over.

I have a hard enough time keeping up with what is going on in this country (USA) .....

I won't vote for Cruz.

Most countries with multiparty systems have to form coalitions to accomplish anything. Is that worse than that a two party system that is so polarized that it can only move forward when one party has full control of government? I think as the country continues to become more and more polarized, we will reach a state where the primary goal of each party that get's control of Congress and the Presidency will be to eliminate all changes implemented by the other party. Thus stagnation.

I won't vote for Cruz.

Most countries with multiparty systems have to form coalitions to accomplish anything. Is that worse than that a two party system that is so polarized that it can only move forward when one party has full control of government? I think as the country continues to become more and more polarized, we will reach a state where the primary goal of each party that get's control of Congress and the Presidency will be to eliminate all changes implemented by the other party. Thus stagnation.

It is far easier to form a consensus between two then between eight or ten.

And frankly, I would like to see the majority of the changes implemented in these last seven-plus years of the Obama administration eliminated.

I won't vote for Cruz.

It is far easier to form a consensus between two then between eight or ten.

And frankly, I would like to see the majority of the changes implemented in these last seven-plus years of the Obama administration eliminated.
That's true or at least it should be truth. It all depends on how well the party leadership can control the party. The more major parties you have, the more compromises you have to make to get legislation passed. This has often been the problem in Europe where there were so many compromises to legislation that once passed it could not be implemented.

If trump isn't on the GOP ballot he will be on it as an independent. Either way he will get his wish & Hillary will be potus.

God help us

If trump isn't on the GOP ballot he will be on it as an independent. Either way he will get his wish & Hillary will be potus.

God help us
If he waits until after the convention I don't think he will have enough time to get on all state ballots for a third party. He would need to start that process now. I think he is all in for the GOP at this point.

God help us
If he waits until after the convention I don't think he will have enough time to get on all state ballots for a third party. He would need to start that process now. I think he is all in for the GOP at this point.
For a person to get on the ballot in all states in a presidential election, it's estimated that the candidate would have to get about a million signatures. The number of signatures and filing dates vary by state. The Deadline for all states is before the conventions so if Trump is not nominated, then his only chance would be as a write-in which in reality would mean he would have no real chance. However, his chances are not that good even it he gets nominated.
Ballot access for presidential candidates - Ballotpedia

Last edited:
There could be some obstacles....

writein.jpg

God help us
No he won't. The deadline for filing in all states is before the conventions. If he is not nominated, then the only option will be a write-in. However some states require a write-in candidate to file. .

God help us
No he won't. The deadline for filing in all states is before the conventions. If he is not nominated, then the only option will be a write-in. However some states require a write-in candidate to file. .
Scratch what I said about filing dates for independents. There are only about 8 states with filing dates before the Republican convention so technically he could file as an independent in 42 states and be on the ballot if he has all his paperwork and signatures ready to file. In the other 8 states Trump votes would be write-ins.
Ballot access for presidential candidates - Ballotpedia

Forum List

Back