Trump: You would be in jail.

Trump's special prosecutor could ignore Obama's pardon of theoretical crimes and proceed to prosecute Clinton. Once convicted, only the sitting president, Donald Trump, could issue a pardon to overturn it.

What fantasy land do you live in? You can't just ignore a Presidential pardon.
An invalid pardon can be ignored.

Sorry for calling you an idiot.

It was a clear win for Trump and a relief for all real Americans who want this country to survive. We live to fight another day.

It is going to be a long slog through election day........may her meds run out......

Trump's special prosecutor could ignore Obama's pardon of theoretical crimes and proceed to prosecute Clinton. Once convicted, only the sitting president, Donald Trump, could issue a pardon to overturn it.

No, a Presidential pardon can not just be ignored. Look it up.

But ultimately, when granted appropriately, there's no way to block or even review a presidential pardon.

How Presidential Pardons Work

As long as Obama does it appropriately with all the correct paperwork, she will be untouchable. I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but that's just how it is.

Q: Has the U.S. Supreme Court weighed in?
A:
Several times. In 1833, Chief Justice Marshall said the court had no authority to overrule presidents and described a pardon as “an act of grace delivered to the individual for whose benefit it is intended.” In an 1866 case, the Court said, “Congress can neither limit the effect of his pardon, nor exclude from its exercise any class of offenders.”

USATODAY.com - How do presidential pardons work?

But ultimately, when granted appropriately, there's no way to block or even review a presidential pardon.

As long as Obama does it appropriately with all the correct paperwork, she will be untouchable. I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but that's just how it is.
If the president pardons a space alien, is it valid? If he pardons a foreign criminal convicted in a foreign court is it valid? Can he continue to pardon people when he's no longer president? Yes, illegitimate pardons can be ignored. Nixon would have been in jail if a future administration decided to prosecute and there's nothing Ford could do to stop it.

Why?

Because only the president can pardon convicted criminals.

If the president pardons a space alien, is it valid? If he pardons a foreign criminal convicted in a foreign court is it valid? Can he continue to pardon people when he's no longer president? Yes, illegitimate pardons can be ignored. Nixon would have been in jail if a future administration decided to prosecute and there's nothing Ford could do to stop it.

Why?

No, the President can only pardon people for federal crimes. Read above. If you can provide an example of where a pardon has been ignored I'd be more than happy to read it, but I just showed you where the Presidential pardon process has been reviewed by the Supreme Court, and has never been overturned.

You would be in jail.

That's what Putin does.

That's what Saddam did.

That's what Gaddafi did.

That's what Castro did.

But hey, Trump is a Republican.
Are you getting nervous? Looks like it.
Not at all.

She didn't bribe an Attorney General.

She didn't use her foundation as a slush fund.

She didn't stiff her workers.

She hasn't been sued for Fraud and Racketeering.

She didn't have an uncertified charitable foundation.

She didn't admit to sexual assault.

Trump's the one who should be nervous.

Why?

No, the President can only pardon people for federal crimes. Read above. If you can provide an example of where a pardon has been ignored I'd be more than happy to read it, but I just showed you where the Presidential pardon process has been reviewed by the Supreme Court, and has never been overturned.
The contemporary understanding that a president can pardon future convictions after he leaves office has never been challenged.

Yet.

But the Constitution certainly doesn't grant a president this power and in fact specifies that only the sitting president can grant a pardon for these convictions.

Donald Trump has a consistent pattern of challenging prevailing wisdom and causing people to rethink what was previously accepted as the way things are. That's what I love about him. He'll continue to do so.

He's going to put that Botox addled bitch in prison and EX president Obama won't be able to do shit about it.

Trump is an exceptional human being. When people tell him something can't be done, he takes it as a challenge.

He'll put that murdering, lying old hag in prison even if an ex president tries to pardon her.

Well, Clinton is not facing two civil charges. One of rape, and the other of fraud. Trump is.

WHY HASN'T SHE MENTIONED THIS??? I'm sitting here like "here it comes..." and nothing
Because the are utterly lacking in merit. She's smarter than you.

A court case is lacking merit? Lol..got any more?
Yes.

The lawsuit was dismissed.

Suck on it.

You would be in jail.

That's what Putin does.

That's what Saddam did.

That's what Gaddafi did.

That's what Castro did.

But hey, Trump is a Republican.
Are you getting nervous? Looks like it.
Not at all.

She didn't bribe an Attorney General.

She didn't use her foundation as a slush fund.

She didn't stiff her workers.

She hasn't been sued for Fraud and Racketeering.

She didn't have an uncertified charitable foundation.

She didn't admit to sexual assault.

Trump's the one who should be nervous.
She DID lie under oath.

She DID obstruct justice.

She DID send classified information over an unsecured server.

She DID share classified information with people who did not have a security clearance.

You SHOULD be nervous.

Why?

The contemporary understanding that a president can pardon future convictions after he leaves office has never been challenged.

Yet.

But the Constitution certainly doesn't grant a president this power and in fact specifies that only the sitting president can grant a pardon for these convictions.

Donald Trump has a consistent pattern of challenging prevailing wisdom and causing people to rethink what was previously accepted as the way things are. That's what I love about him. He'll continue to do so.

He's going to put that Botox addled bitch in prison and EX president Obama won't be able to do shit about it.

Excuse me if I don't have the same optimism as you do. Then again, you just said something about the President pardoning a space alien... so there's that.

Here is another article talking about how Obama can pardon her before the investigation was even concluded.

A Pardon From Obama Might Be The Only Way to Save Hillary - The Political Insider

Idiot.
Idiot, it doesn't matter how many people get it wrong, including Trump. It isn't possible to pardon someone who hasn't even been convicted of a crime.
Ford pardoned Nixon before he was charged with any crime, let alone convicted. It can be done.

Not exactly. His "pardon" was basically telling the Feds that no matter what charges they come up with, he would end up pardoning Nixon.

Obama can't do that since he won't remain in office. Once the DoJ presses specific charges, they would have to be pardoned then. If they know a sitting Pres will pardon those charges, they won't bother. It doesn't mean the person is actually pardoned since the charges were never made and there is no conviction.

Here is another article talking about how Obama can pardon her before the investigation was even concluded.

A Pardon From Obama Might Be The Only Way to Save Hillary - The Political Insider

Idiot.
Idiot, it doesn't matter how many people get it wrong, including Trump. It isn't possible to pardon someone who hasn't even been convicted of a crime.
Ford pardoned Nixon before he was charged with any crime, let alone convicted. It can be done.

Not exactly. His "pardon" was basically telling the Feds that no matter what charges they come up with, he would end up pardoning Nixon.

Obama can't do that since he won't remain in office. Once the DoJ presses specific charges, they would have to be pardoned then. If they know a sitting Pres will pardon those charges, they won't bother. It doesn't mean the person is actually pardoned since the charges were never made and there is no conviction.

For the love of God... how many things do I have to link? A President can pardon someone from future federal criminal charges as long as the act they are pardoning has already happened.

Why is it that when people want something to happen so badly... they ignore facts? I don't get it.

Q: Has the U.S. Supreme Court weighed in?
A:
Several times. In 1833, Chief Justice Marshall said the court had no authority to overrule presidents and described a pardon as “an act of grace delivered to the individual for whose benefit it is intended.” In an 1866 case, the Court said, “Congress can neither limit the effect of his pardon, nor exclude from its exercise any class of offenders.”

USATODAY.com - How do presidential pardons work?

No where does your link, or in the Constitution Article 2 section 2 make any claim that the President has the right to grant a pardon for offenses that haven't been tried yet.

Forum List

Back