Trump's 4% GDP growth promise update

This is what I want to hear from Trump supporters. I don’t want excuses. I want them to admit, like this guy just did, that Trump was full of shit and making shit up and lying to people like he often does .

OK, will you admit that no matter what he achieved so far, the economy is much better than at any time under Obozo's 2 terms?
There is a strong possibility that Trump's best yearly GDP number won't top Obama's best.

Are your eyes brown? If not they should be, because you are full of shit!
It is 2018 or bust for Trump and it isn't looking good for him at this point.

So far, Trump is averaging 2.9%

Obama's total was 2.1%.

Read it and weep, dumbass!

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Obama inherited a recession. Trump didn’t .
Read it and weep.

Nothing upsets leftists more than American success.

Stupid Russians. This ISN'T "American success". This is a set up for a stock market crash and an even BIGGER recession. Trump has even privately acknowledged this but has told staffers he'll be "long gone" before it happens so he won't be blamed for it.

Donald Trump promised 4.0% GDP growth a year.

Updated - Trump-O-Meter: Grow the economy by 4 percent a year

In 2018, he fell short with 3.2% growth.

It's still early in 2019, so all we have is estimates of first quarter growth. In order for the economy to stay on track to 4% growth, Q1 must be at least /approximately 4%.

So far things don't look good at all. Economist Diane Swonk said yesterday that Q1 growth could be 1.5%:

GDP growth for the first quarter could slip below 1-1/2% if shutdown endures through the end of the week.

Diane Swonk on Twitter
F636-CAD5-410-A-4283-BE6-C-7-A406-E3-E1-B94.jpg

It looks like Trump wildly exaggerated the results he could achieve.
I have not seen a final number for the economy of 2018 yet but if this is an accurate number it beats the last administration.

2% is the new normal. At least that was what we were told. Could not get better. To beat 3 % is doing good. I am not aware of anytime that our economy has been able to hit 4%.

I assume you have never heard a politician on the campaign trail before. Since you are unfamiliar with what they do if you take 90% of what they say as fact then you are either stupid or extremely guliblible.
This is what I want to hear from Trump supporters. I don’t want excuses. I want them to admit, like this guy just did, that Trump was full of shit and making shit up and lying to people like he often does .
See this is what you want spect from stupid. They want to make a case against someone but forget to mention all the sins of the other side.

In this case they don't talk about the lies made by his own side. All the bull spread during their election campaigns. All the promises made to get programs passed that never materialized. I will bring up just one, and I will not even quote it, did your medical insurance drop as much as was foretold?

Nothing upsets leftists more than American success.

Stupid Russians. This ISN'T "American success". This is a set up for a stock market crash and an even BIGGER recession. Trump has even privately acknowledged this but has told staffers he'll be "long gone" before it happens so he won't be blamed for it.
He can't be long gone fast enough for me

4% is a big number for such a large economy. The fact he hit 3% is an achievement.

It's much easier to achieve if you cut down your expenses, which neither party seems willing to do.

His economy isn't doing nearly as well in GDP growith, in job creation, or in wage growth, as the Obama economy. Trump promised "jobs on steriods", and that's not happening. He promises workers a $4000 a year raise from the corporate tax cuts, and that's not happening.

You want to achieve growth, raise wages. There's a lot of pent up demand among working Americans and the middle class, but they lack the money to act on that demand. All of the sluggishness with growth can be tied directly to the fact that the working and middle class have had no real raises in income since 1980, and have seen their savings and equity eroded by inflation and recessions.

Everyone I know has gotten a pay raises and and enjoy the few extra dollars in their check...

4% is a big number for such a large economy. The fact he hit 3% is an achievement.

It's much easier to achieve if you cut down your expenses, which neither party seems willing to do.
Trump said 4%. Don’t lower the bar. He even said he could go for 5% or 6%.

Obama couldn't manage even 3%.
Obama inherited a recession by a Republican President.
The recession was officially declared ended not long after he took office. The recession was partly due to democratic policies.

His economy isn't doing nearly as well in GDP growith, in job creation, or in wage growth, as the Obama economy. Trump promised "jobs on steriods", and that's not happening. He promises workers a $4000 a year raise from the corporate tax cuts, and that's not happening.

You want to achieve growth, raise wages. There's a lot of pent up demand among working Americans and the middle class, but they lack the money to act on that demand. All of the sluggishness with growth can be tied directly to the fact that the working and middle class have had no real raises in income since 1980, and have seen their savings and equity eroded by inflation and recessions.

Everyone I know has gotten a pay raises and and enjoy the few extra dollars in their check...
Have prices on most things gone up to make those paltry pay raises valueless..?

Trump said 4%. Don’t lower the bar. He even said he could go for 5% or 6%.

Obama couldn't manage even 3%.
Obama inherited a recession by a Republican President.
The recession was officially declared ended not long after he took office. The recession was partly due to democratic policies.
Yeah it ended but you really believe there was no recovery from the republican recession ? That everything went back to as it was before the worst recession of our time?

And KILLING the Surrender Monkeys pathetic 8 years!!!!!

from 9/18....

And what is the result of all this "chaos" and "mayhem" in the White House that the media is in such a frenzy about? Well, as we learned last week, we now have the lowest number of American workers on unemployment insurance since Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, the biggest manufacturing boom in 14 years, the lowest black unemployment rate ever recorded, and an economy that is growing at 4.4 percent this quarter, on top of 4.2 percent growth last quarter.

(Excerpt) Read more at townhall.com ...

Trump Jr. falsely claims that GDP growth never passed 2 percent under Obama
BY MORGAN GSTALTER - 07/27/18 04:15 PM EDT 926

Donald Trump Jr. falsely claimed that quarterly gross domestic product (GDP) growth never passed 2 percent under former President Obama — even though it did 15 times.

“Incredible numbers,” the president’s eldest son tweeted on Friday following the announcement of the strongest quarterly GDP growth in nearly four years. “I remember when ‘the experts’ laughed about breaking 3%. Just because Obama never broke 2% doesn’t mean that someone with great policies can’t. Let’s keep this going.”

The Surrender Monkey and his lying felonious administration actually stated what they thought about Americans....includes the ABNORMALS in here trying to PROTECT his abysmal administration

2014_11-gruber-leftist-liar.jpg

blah blah blah, ... but you're not entitled to your own facts.

Obama failed across-the-board, and Trump and America are winning.

Speaking of those who are not entitled to their own facts!!!

Obama was the MOST economically successful President since Eisenhaurer. He save not just the American economy, but the world economy from collapse. Anyone who says that Obama "failed" the American people is either wilfully ignorant and should refrain from commenting on economics until you get a clue, or you're lying.

Obama created the longest period of sustained growth in US history:

U.S.: real GDP growth by quarter 2011-2018 | Statista

Given that you're a self described "Meathead", I'm going with "Don't comment on the economy until you get a clue".
Obama failed. It's over. Finito.

You can't blame him on a certain level. He was way over his head.

Just be happy the economy is doing very well guided by our new president.
failed at what?

the right wing has nothing but debt and no solutions to pay it off with tax cut economics.

Manufacturing has returned and China is stumbling, while Trump is addressing the trade imbalances and lack of contribution from allies.

He is doing what he can. If it were up to him, I am willing to guess you would see many budget cuts to excess waste.
He’s doing what he can? He said he could bring it to 5 to 6% growth. And he outright said he would bring it up to 4%. He’s doing less than he can. I fixed it for you.
New Jersey 'Dreamers' say they don't want to be used as pawns for border wall money

The U.S economy is damned near $20T a year. That means, it has to grow by 1Trillion a year to hit 5% growth. I submit to you that this demands better trade globally, especially with China, and the tariffs have helped a great deal.

It's very difficult. Trump took the right approach, a multi tier approach. He knows that bringing jobs back is key, and he's right. It will get people off of govt. dependence, it will increase U.S Treasury when taxed. Couple that with better (fairer) trade and correctly imbalances, and you can probably hit a couple of hundred billion from this alone. Then tax deductions should encourage growth and reinvestment.

To me, he could do a Obama economy and just inject a trillion into the economy. Viola, "look at the GDP growth!" Instead, he has to fight both sides of the aisle who just want to spend on window dressing. What amazes me, is Obama used massive budget Stimuli into the economy and still never hit 3%. That tells me that the money was a big boondoggle, mismanaged. Imagine Trump could just do the same direct, business stimuli with zero interest?

Here's a guarantee, just from all I know of Trump in the years I've followed him; he sees massive waste in government and he desperately would like to cut the fat. He knows very well that doing so would create an uptick in the economy because that money could be spent on say, infrastructure, or, cutting the deficit etc.
Increasing the minimum wage would do more, and help the Poor purchase healthcare in a market friendly manner, along with raising more tax revenue.

Donald Trump promised 4.0% GDP growth a year.

Updated - Trump-O-Meter: Grow the economy by 4 percent a year

In 2018, he fell short with 3.2% growth.

It's still early in 2019, so all we have is estimates of first quarter growth. In order for the economy to stay on track to 4% growth, Q1 must be at least /approximately 4%.

So far things don't look good at all. Economist Diane Swonk said yesterday that Q1 growth could be 1.5%:

GDP growth for the first quarter could slip below 1-1/2% if shutdown endures through the end of the week.

Diane Swonk on Twitter
F636-CAD5-410-A-4283-BE6-C-7-A406-E3-E1-B94.jpg

It looks like Trump wildly exaggerated the results he could achieve.
I have not seen a final number for the economy of 2018 yet but if this is an accurate number it beats the last administration.

2% is the new normal. At least that was what we were told. Could not get better. To beat 3 % is doing good. I am not aware of anytime that our economy has been able to hit 4%.

I assume you have never heard a politician on the campaign trail before. Since you are unfamiliar with what they do if you take 90% of what they say as fact then you are either stupid or extremely guliblible.
So you want to make out Trump as somehow worse then other politicians because he lies. You really are delusional. We just got done with one that said 2% was the best we could hope for. Everyone would save how much on ACA? Good for you for pointing out that Trump lied. Now do you want to make a federal case out of every other politician because everyone of them lie. Or is it just your Trump Derangement rearing its head?
Your guy has nothing but social plans not any fine capital plans.

The recession was officially declared ended not long after he took office.

But the RECOVERY took longer...much longer because of GOP recalcitrance

The recession was partly due to democratic policies.

REPUBLICAN policies that Clinton (wrongly) signed off on
While it is fun and always funny to blame one party over another it is nothing but partisan politics.

If if the Republicans had not been so unwilling to sign off on everything 44 wanted no telling what the national debt would have been. See how easy it is to play stupid partisan politics?

As far as the length of recovery from the rescession took part of that was bad policy decisions on the part of the administration.

Forum List

Back