Trump's 'America First' has ugly echoes from U.S. history

The Right has become so comfortable with their conservatism that they're embracing Naziism.

Naziism isn't conservative, little Khmer Rouge fuckwad...
Of course it is. The Right keeps rewriting history.
Right wing posters here habitually rely on making up their own definitions of words and terms. It makes rational debate almost impossible. If simply redefining the meanings of words is not enough, they will reinterpret comments and explain what the poster "really meant".

The Right has become so comfortable with their conservatism that they're embracing Naziism.

Right wing posters here habitually rely on making up their own definitions of words and terms. It makes rational debate almost impossible. If simply redefining the meanings of words is not enough, they will reinterpret comments and explain what the poster "really meant".
Coming from a ditz who's trying to rewrite the history of Reagan's America is ironic indeed.

Trump reminds us of a very ugly period in US history.

Trump's America First has ugly echoes from U.S. history - CNN.com

It is extremely unfortunate that in his speech Wednesday outlining his foreign policy goals, Donald Trump chose to brand his foreign policy with the noxious slogan "America First," the name of the isolationist, defeatist, anti-Semitic national organization that urged the United States to appease Adolf Hitler.
<more>
America First is not a noxious slogan.....
Unless you're an enemy of America....or from a foreign country. And I'm sure they think the same thing about their countries as Trump thinks of ours.
It is noxious because it is a borrowed slogan from a political faction in our history that appeased and accepted German fascism in the 1930's up until Germany declared war on the US. Coupled with the fact that early in the Trump campaign conservative commentators accused Trump of having views and ideas that were fascist like and fascist friendly, the use by Trump of the slogan shows he either supports fascist tenets or is simply history stupid.

Coming from a ditz who's trying to rewrite the history of Reagan's America is ironic indeed.
Giving my opinions of the Reagan era or Reagan himself is not an effort to rewrite history. I use factual data to support my opinions and provide plenty of links to reliable sources. My views about the topic are not original. Others, including scholars and writers of various kinds, have offered the same opinions I have and have been doing so since long before I began posting here.

It is extremely unfortunate that in his speech Wednesday outlining his foreign policy goals, Donald Trump chose to brand his foreign policy with the noxious slogan "America First," the name of the isolationist, defeatist, anti-Semitic national organization that urged the United States to appease Adolf Hitler.
<more>
Unless you're an enemy of America....or from a foreign country. And I'm sure they think the same thing about their countries as Trump thinks of ours.
It is noxious because it is a borrowed slogan from a political faction in our history that appeased and accepted German fascism in the 1930's up until Germany declared war on the US. Coupled with the fact that early in the Trump campaign conservative commentators accused Trump of having views and ideas that were fascist like and fascist friendly, the use by Trump of the slogan shows he either supports fascist tenets or is simply history stupid.
Camp, you're an utter idiot with a pretense of being informed and yet a second-degree dingbat. You have history filtered through a lens of abject partisanship which might be respected in the sites you no doubt visit, but have little to do with actual history.

Simply put: a hack and a fool.

You are the one with the history filter Meathead. Remove it and allow the history of terrorist attacks of the Reagan era to come through. Before Reagan American victims of terrorist attacks were citizens in the wrong place at the wrong time who became victims during attacks on Israel targets. Other than the Iranian Embassy takeover, which may or may not be considered a terrorist attack, Americans, and American facilities were not targets of terrorism. Reagan allowed attacks to become accepted terrorist tactics and failed to respond in robust ways to dissuade them. That created an era of continuous terrorist attacks during the entire Reagan era, including blowing up a commercial airliner over Lockerbie as a Christmas present and going away present to Reagan. Reagan created the birth of modern day terrorism because of his weak responses to the attacks against us.
Remove your filter and look up "terrorist attacks during Reagan administration".
Feel free to point out anything I have ever commented on or said about Reagan that you think is factually incorrect.

You are the one with the history filter Meathead. Remove it and allow the history of terrorist attacks of the Reagan era to come through. Before Reagan American victims of terrorist attacks were citizens in the wrong place at the wrong time who became victims during attacks on Israel targets. Other than the Iranian Embassy takeover, which may or may not be considered a terrorist attack, Americans, and American facilities were not targets of terrorism. Reagan allowed attacks to become accepted terrorist tactics and failed to respond in robust ways to dissuade them. That created an era of continuous terrorist attacks during the entire Reagan era, including blowing up a commercial airliner over Lockerbie as a Christmas present and going away present to Reagan. Reagan created the birth of modern day terrorism because of his weak responses to the attacks against us.
Remove your filter and look up "terrorist attacks during Reagan administration".
Feel free to point out anything I have ever commented on or said about Reagan that you think is factually incorrect.
Camp, you are an ignorant scumbag. There are limits to what can be overlooked as mere ignorance or for reasons of American public education. I am sure you understand why your take on the history of your own country is sad and yet laughable.

Simply, it is because you're a hack.

Camp, you are an ignorant scumbag. There are limits to what can be overlooked as mere ignorance or for reasons of American public education. I am sure you understand why your take on the history of your own country is sad and yet laughable.

OK, so you can't find anything I said was inaccurate, but you hate that I bring these things about Reagan up. They make your favorite politician look like a failure in at least one area of his Presidency. To bad. I lived through that era and remember the terrorist attacks all to well. I am unable to brush them off the way you are able to.
The offer still stands, show something I said in a post to be factually incorrect and I will happily discuss it, despite your crude demeanor.

OK, so you can't find anything I said was inaccurate, but you hate that I bring these things about Reagan up. They make your favorite politician look like a failure in at least one area of his Presidency. To bad. I lived through that era and remember the terrorist attacks all to well. I am unable to brush them off the way you are able to.
The offer still stands, show something I said in a post to be factually incorrect and I will happily discuss it, despite your crude demeanor.
Once you are able to discuss the totality of Reagan's accomplishments without your obvious and ill-considered bias, there may be something to talk about. While you are a partisan hack, there is precious little to discuss.

<more>
Yeah and "Forward" is a communist slogan which Obama and MSNBC like to use.

If so you have great mind reading skills.

And it is true...

The America first became a haven for the American pro-Nazi movement here in the USA... And moved public option so it was a real force that prevented us protecting our ally Great Brittan and going to war with Germany later than we should have

And what of you "fuck America" democrats? Are you not a haven for the Neo-Khmere Rouge?

democrats hate the idea of "America First," but you do hold America as the first you will hate, every last time.

Just trying to tell folks what was the history of the America First moment was........
I am not sure with what you beef is? But sure does not deserve the rude and less than tasteless accusations you let come out of your mouth.
One wanders if you bothered to engage your blain before posting stuff you would never say in public without of public scorn and the question of intelligence others might attributed your twaddle too.....

PLEASE
Do not bother to reply...........For me to think you might have something of value to say your reply would certainly confirm my opinion of you and what you are

If so you have great mind reading skills.

And it is true...

The America first became a haven for the American pro-Nazi movement here in the USA... And moved public option so it was a real force that prevented us protecting our ally Great Brittan and going to war with Germany later than we should have

And what of you "fuck America" democrats? Are you not a haven for the Neo-Khmere Rouge?

democrats hate the idea of "America First," but you do hold America as the first you will hate, every last time.

Just trying to tell folks what was the history of the America First moment was........
I am not sure with what you beef is? But sure does not deserve the rude and less than tasteless accusations you let come out of your mouth.
One wanders if you bothered to engage your blain before posting stuff you would never say in public without of public scorn and the question of intelligence others might attributed your twaddle too.....

PLEASE
Do not bother to reply...........For me to think you might have something of value to say your reply would certainly confirm my opinion of you and what you are

This whole thread is nothing but a Godwin Smear.

For you to pretend to be shocked at a strong reply is you playing very, very, very dumb.

I sat through so many lectures by radical LIB professors who made it their life's work to write and lecture their captive audiences 'revisionist history' it got to be fucking comical.

So Camp thinks that an authoritarian state with rigid social controls and a centrally planned and managed economy is "conservative?" :eek:

Lie much?

Last edited:

You of the Humpty-Dumpty left demand that words means whatever you wish them to mean.

So explain to all how a centrally managed economy is "conservative" comrade? :dunno:

This is one of those lies you Communists feel entitled to tell. You've been telling it for years, so it's your right to lie.

PLEASE

Of course, you of the "Fuck America" movement are deeply offended, to be identified as the traitorous bastards that you are.

You of the Humpty-Dumpty left demand that words means whatever you wish them to mean.

So explain to all how a centrally managed economy is "conservative" comrade? :dunno:

This is one of those lies you Communists feel entitled to tell. You've been telling it for years, so it's your right to lie.

I have no idea of the who/or why there is reference to “Godwin” ………whoever he/she is…. And what it means/or you’re trying to say……….

Oh yes………and just what it is in response to………. certainly was not to my post………. A short explanation of the “America First” movement…………. now the clarion call of Donald Trump’s “Back from the Past” …..

However, your hysterical and incoherent replies remind me of the tactics of that whack job of peripheral political importance…. That of, no other than Lyndon LaRouche…

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Views_of_Lyndon_LaRouche_and_the_LaRouche_movement

Similarly, your reply posts are off-subject, offensive, crude, and derisive taunts lacking in originality…….

For those interested in the knowledge of “America First” movement and current opinions of the Trumpster’s use of this discredited political movement:

SEE:

Trump reaches back to 1930s to revive America First

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/01/trump-reaches-back-to-1930s-to-revive-america-first.html

Column: Trump's 'America First' movement flies blind

http://www.fredericksburg.com/opinion/columns/column-trump-s-america-first-movement-flies-blind/article_ca662ee8-d40c-553f-98e3-1a2100ae4bc3.html

In defense of America First

http://theweek.com/articles/621645/defense-america-first

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_First_Committee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_First_Party_(1944)

I have no idea of the who/or why there is reference to “Godwin” ………whoever he/she is…. And what it means/or you’re trying to say……….

The reference was not mine, but for your edification;

{A term that originated on Usenet, Godwin's Law states that as an online argument grows longer and more heated, it becomes increasingly likely that somebody will bring up Adolf Hitler or the Nazis. When such an event occurs, the person guilty of invoking Godwin's Law has effectively forfeited the argument. }

Urban Dictionary: Godwin's Law

Oh yes………and just what it is in response to………. certainly was not to my post………. A short explanation of the “America First” movement…………. now the clarion call of Donald Trump’s “Back from the Past” …..

However, your hysterical and incoherent replies remind me of the tactics of that whack job of peripheral political importance…. That of, no other than Lyndon LaRouche…

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Views_of_Lyndon_LaRouche_and_the_LaRouche_movement

Similarly, your reply posts are off-subject, offensive, crude, and derisive taunts lacking in originality…….

For those interested in the knowledge of “America First” movement and current opinions of the Trumpster’s use of this discredited political movement:

SEE:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/01/trump-reaches-back-to-1930s-to-revive-america-first.html

http://www.fredericksburg.com/opinion/columns/column-trump-s-america-first-movement-flies-blind/article_ca662ee8-d40c-553f-98e3-1a2100ae4bc3.html

You appear to be rambling incoherently.

You of the "Fuck America" side seem particularly outraged that anyone would place America first. You appear filled with rage and bile.

So, were you at a May Day rally yesterday wearing your Che Tee (because your Osama one was dirty!) and waving your Hamas flag?

Aside form the redefinition of words and concepts also contributes of the "Oh chit? what does that mean!"

The reference was not mine, but for your edification;

{A term that originated on Usenet, Godwin's Law states that as an online argument grows longer and more heated, it becomes increasingly likely that somebody will bring up Adolf Hitler or the Nazis. When such an event occurs, the person guilty of invoking Godwin's Law has effectively forfeited the argument. }

Urban Dictionary: Godwin's Law

Do you know your replies remind me of an "Insult Bot".... all noise... no brains"

SEE:

You appear to be rambling incoherently.

You of the "Fuck America" side seem particularly outraged that anyone would place America first. You appear filled with rage and bile.

So, were you at a May Day rally yesterday wearing your Che Tee (because your Osama one was dirty!) and waving your Hamas flag?

Forum List

Back