Trump's assault on free speech - agree with him or else!

Why should the executive branch single out these 5 people? If having a clearance when you get out of service is such an evil thing then do away with it totally.

I do agree it is not silencing them in the least, but it is a vindictive action by Trump

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
------------------------------------------------ its just funny GGator . These people losing [may lose] S.C. are pwicks anyway . 'brennan' voted for a Communist is one example . I know you are not impressed with that explanation so the TRUMP heard your pleas and i guess that to make you happy that there may be a BLANKET Ban on any ex gov official keeping their 'sec clearance' in the future . If that happens and i hope that it does then everything should be good GGator .

I bet you 10 bucks that never happens, no way Trump pisses off the military that much. He would be fucking over a lot of people just to be a vindictive dick

--------------------------------------------------- Everyone likes being SPECIAL i guess . And you might be correct and we will see but there is no reason to give these DEEP STATE Type people SPECIAL PRIVLEDGES in the USA GGator .
Again, he hasn't answered why they need it.
No one answered why Trump should remove clearances when other potuses have not. LOL
Someone said they are losing free speech! How is that?

Why should the executive branch single out these 5 people? If having a clearance when you get out of service is such an evil thing then do away with it totally.

I do agree it is not silencing them in the least, but it is a vindictive action by Trump

------------------------------------------------ its just funny GGator . These people losing [may lose] S.C. are pwicks anyway . 'brennan' voted for a Communist is one example . I know you are not impressed with that explanation so the TRUMP heard your pleas and i guess that to make you happy that there may be a BLANKET Ban on any ex gov official keeping their 'sec clearance' in the future . If that happens and i hope that it does then everything should be good GGator .

I bet you 10 bucks that never happens, no way Trump pisses off the military that much. He would be fucking over a lot of people just to be a vindictive dick

--------------------------------------------------- Everyone likes being SPECIAL i guess . And you might be correct and we will see but there is no reason to give these DEEP STATE Type people SPECIAL PRIVLEDGES in the USA GGator .
Again, he hasn't answered why they need it.
No one answered why Trump should remove clearances when other potuses have not. LOL
Why shouldn’t he?

let's take this one from your signature: 1. >>> It's not about "Left vs. Right". It's about the WINGERS on BOTH ends vs. a MAJORITY of America. That's MY "side of the fence". What is it you're trying to tell us?
Well, two things: There are some wingers here (from both sides, of course), who have accused me of being a "fence sitter", even though, unlike them, I regularly take incoming from both ends of the spectrum every day here. So that was a little clarification for them.

Second, the Left and the Right share many counter-productive and destructive behaviors that are causing this country great harm: Distortion, deflection, personal attacks, name-calling, wild hyperbole, intense myopia, hypocrisy, intolerance and outright lies. Since they can be so similar in their behaviors, I look at them as essentially being on the same side of the fence. The rest of us, the majority, are the on the other side.
ok, so what is it you stand for? I think that is the piece that is missing here. everyone leans a direction, which direction do you lean and what is it you'd like to see news outlets report?
Well, I think of myself as a left-leaning independent, and I think that's borne out in the issues from the link in the second line of my sig.

The major media is so far removed from what I would like to see that it's difficult to answer that question. When I was trained, when I was in the business, the top priority was to (a) present the facts in context, and (b) let the reader/viewer/listener make their own decisions. The media now feels that it has to "find the truth", and since most of the media is liberal, the "news" is presented from that perspective. So, as a result, getting enough information to make our own decisions is very difficult. The same holds true for watching Fox, from the opposite direction.

I'm not aware of an outlet that I trust by itself.
What is your left leaning points? What makes you left vs right?

yep, understand that. the question being asked now is why? What purpose does it serve? It was, from what I heard last night, transition purposes. Well we're 18 months in and these folks still have it? What is it going to hurt anyone to remove their clearance? How is that silencing them exactly per the OP?

With technologies we have today, I can see it. why are you against it? it would plug up leaks.

No it would not. One more time for the reading impaired...having a clearance does not give you access. None of these people have access to what they had before.

I am against it because it is being done just to be a dick and because it is a terrible waste of tax dollars

But you haven’t stated why they need it?

let's take this one from your signature: 1. >>> It's not about "Left vs. Right". It's about the WINGERS on BOTH ends vs. a MAJORITY of America. That's MY "side of the fence". What is it you're trying to tell us?
Well, two things: There are some wingers here (from both sides, of course), who have accused me of being a "fence sitter", even though, unlike them, I regularly take incoming from both ends of the spectrum every day here. So that was a little clarification for them.

Second, the Left and the Right share many counter-productive and destructive behaviors that are causing this country great harm: Distortion, deflection, personal attacks, name-calling, wild hyperbole, intense myopia, hypocrisy, intolerance and outright lies. Since they can be so similar in their behaviors, I look at them as essentially being on the same side of the fence. The rest of us, the majority, are the on the other side.
ok, so what is it you stand for? I think that is the piece that is missing here. everyone leans a direction, which direction do you lean and what is it you'd like to see news outlets report?
Well, I think of myself as a left-leaning independent, and I think that's borne out in the issues from the link in the second line of my sig.

The major media is so far removed from what I would like to see that it's difficult to answer that question. When I was trained, when I was in the business, the top priority was to (a) present the facts in context, and (b) let the reader/viewer/listener make their own decisions. The media now feels that it has to "find the truth", and since most of the media is liberal, the "news" is presented from that perspective. So, as a result, getting enough information to make our own decisions is very difficult. The same holds true for watching Fox, from the opposite direction.

I'm not aware of an outlet that I trust by itself.
What is your left leaning points? What makes you left vs right?
They're all in the link at the end of the second line of my sig. One by one.

yep , time to fix it , time to fix lots of things , Trump May be the fixer Ben .
You and I both know this is about ex officials unwilling to fellate the fat fuck in the White House.
--------------------------------------------maybe to YOU Ben but i simply am interested in the Principle that no one is SPECIAL in the USA . The example are bipartisan including mrobamas people and a 'bush' boy . All are part of the Deep State Trump haters or they are Special gov approved people pushing the governments agenda unless it is Trumps and regular Americans agenda . Anyway , this is probably just one little bit of BS issue that i approve of Ben .

by Jesus I just hope the revoke Albright's and Kissinger's too. I mean this clearly out of hand. All those security clearances need to be put back in the cigar box so President Trump can find them when he needs them!
You still haven’t said why they need it!

Yes, it's an authoritarian move, but I don't think Trump has the capacity to realize it.

You mean like he'd never open concentration camps and OOOOPS we have concentration camps on the Southern Border.

It's his standard, petulant, vindictive, shallow behavior, something he's demonstrated since he came down the escalator. He doesn't appear to have a grasp of context, he just reacts.

And that should scare the hell out of you. Because now he's got thousands of people ready to act on his whims, all willing to ingratiate themselves to him.

But you won't care until the stock market tanks... that's your moral value.

My point, however, is that the illiberal authoritarian Left has been making a mockery of the most liberal of values, freedom of expression, for a couple of generations now. The attacking, punishing and intimidating of speech by these people is certainly authoritarian, and it flies directly in the face of freedom of expression.

Bullshit. If I'm spending $40,000 a year to send my kid to a good college, I don't want that money going to giving forums to Nazis.

Now, if we were locking up Nazis like Coulter and Richard Spenser, you might have a point. (in Europe, they WOULD be locked up, because on Nazism, "Been there, done that, got beaten by the brown-shirt". ) But saying, "Um, no, we aren't going to give your filth the intellectual stamp of approval of speaking on our campus", that's not censorship. That's refusing patronage.

If a big corporation refuses to put their ads on a Fox News show that features Coulter (which is why you never see her on TV anymore), why should college kids be forced to subsidize her?

I understand your point and agree with it to a point.

The way to stop conservatives from poisoning college students with their hate is to educate the college students against such hate.

Let the haters go to the campus to speak to an empty room. Let them waste their time and money. They aren't there to speak. They are there to create the issue that they aren't being allowed to speak. That liberals don't believe in free speech.

Why give them what they want?

They scream they love capitalism. So let capitalism do it's job. We all know anyone can produce a product all day long. It's worthless if no one will buy it. Those who are sponsoring the haters will get tired of wasting their money and stop sending their haters to spread their hate.

Offer the college students an alternative. Have a rally to increase tolerance and reject hate and nazis. I'm sure that rally will be packed with the hater rally mostly empty.

Free speech is for everyone. Not just those who say what you want to hear.
Funny how opposition speech is hate speech! Wow are you little

yep, understand that. the question being asked now is why? What purpose does it serve? It was, from what I heard last night, transition purposes. Well we're 18 months in and these folks still have it? What is it going to hurt anyone to remove their clearance? How is that silencing them exactly per the OP?

With technologies we have today, I can see it. why are you against it? it would plug up leaks.

No it would not. One more time for the reading impaired...having a clearance does not give you access. None of these people have access to what they had before.

I am against it because it is being done just to be a dick and because it is a terrible waste of tax dollars

Then they don’t need it!

yep , time to fix it , time to fix lots of things , Trump May be the fixer Ben .
You and I both know this is about ex officials unwilling to fellate the fat fuck in the White House.
That is your opinion. I believe it accents privilege. Which no one should have once their job is over! And no explanation as to why! So it doesn’t bother me. Not sure why it bothers you.

One thing we should ALL be in agreement on....the right for any of us to speak freely without repercussion from an oppressive government. The First Amendment reads:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Trump has been assaulting freedom of speech since he has been elected. Whether it was the assault on people based on religion (Muslims). Or, his open assaults on the free press and his threats to remove certain members' press credentials to the White House if he doesn't like what they say.
Trump Is Threatening to 'Take Away' Reporters' Credentials. He Told TIME He Wouldn't Do That

His latest swipe at the First Amendment involves removal of security clearances from Americans who have the audacity to stand up for what they believe in. Americans who served their country for decades are being silenced by a President who believes everyone should serve his interests...and NOT those of the country. I don't care what you think of the politics of guys like John Brennan, but, to have them silenced simply because they disagree with what the POTUS is doing? Who else will we allow Trump to silence?
Trump's Assault on the First Amendment
Targeting critics, Trump threatens ex-officials' security clearances

Where are the patriotic Republicans?! Seriously....how many times will Trump have to wipe his backside with the Constitution before you're going to care?

Er..no.

This is the problem with the left. They have no idea what the hell free speech means.

Ftt is actually endorsing the restriction of free speech.

If you don't know what the words mean, then you can't be trusted to determine that the words are or aren't oppressive or hateful.

The whole American Left Wing is a lying machine.
FBIgate is exposing their grand deceit.

George-Orwell-Truth.jpg

One thing we should ALL be in agreement on....the right for any of us to speak freely without repercussion from an oppressive government. The First Amendment reads:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Trump has been assaulting freedom of speech since he has been elected. Whether it was the assault on people based on religion (Muslims). Or, his open assaults on the free press and his threats to remove certain members' press credentials to the White House if he doesn't like what they say.
Trump Is Threatening to 'Take Away' Reporters' Credentials. He Told TIME He Wouldn't Do That

His latest swipe at the First Amendment involves removal of security clearances from Americans who have the audacity to stand up for what they believe in. Americans who served their country for decades are being silenced by a President who believes everyone should serve his interests...and NOT those of the country. I don't care what you think of the politics of guys like John Brennan, but, to have them silenced simply because they disagree with what the POTUS is doing? Who else will we allow Trump to silence?

Where are the patriotic Republicans?! Seriously....how many times will Trump have to wipe his backside with the Constitution before you're going to care?

If you no longer work in that position you by law don’t get to keep the clearance, are you really that ignorant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the smartest and most effective tactics the Regressive Left uses to shut down freedom of expression, is to accuse anyone who defends it of agreeing with it.

So, the tactic is, if you defend the right of a bigot to speak, then it must be that you agree with the bigot.

Putting those who dare to disagree on the defensive -- another way the Regressive Left perverts the spirit of freedom of expression.

Last edited:

why do they still have security clearance? can you answer that?
who do they report to with those privileges?
Why should they keep them indefinitely?
I'm sorry, I don't get your point.

Everyone that leaves Govt service or the military that has a clearance when they get out have it till it expires, it has always been that way.

They are not indefinite, a TS is renewed every 5 years.

They have no privileges, haunch a clearance and having access are two separate issues

I agree it's not silencing those 6 people.

It's silencing others.

They are using those 6 people as an example of what will happen to them if they speak out and tell the truth to all the lies and what's been going on with this president.

just a comment and might be an off topic comment but i can see the USA Gov the first day that 'mrobama' took over . All he says , was hey , lets feck it up and that was it and all the young 'marir harf' and 'kandy' types knew exactly what he meant as they passed around some potent weed and started to feck things up while 'mrobama' said , get to work and disappeared . ----------------------- like i said , OFF TOPIC !!

why do they still have security clearance? can you answer that?
who do they report to with those privileges?
Why should they keep them indefinitely?
I'm sorry, I don't get your point.

Everyone that leaves Govt service or the military that has a clearance when they get out have it till it expires, it has always been that way.

They are not indefinite, a TS is renewed every 5 years.

They have no privileges, haunch a clearance and having access are two separate issues

I agree it's not silencing those 6 people.

It's silencing others.

They are using those 6 people as an example of what will happen to them if they speak out and tell the truth to all the lies and what's been going on with this president.
----------------------------------------- its simple , leave the job and lose your clearance Dana ,

You are all kinds of whack.

How is he silencing John Brennan and the others?

Why else is he doing it?

Why do they still need a security clearance? The whole bunch has been proven to abuse the pro page. Hell, Trump should go further and take the Tomn Negros clearance as well as Hillarys.

Pretty sure we still have our Constitutional right to Free Speech. Last i checked, Trump hasn't taken that right away from us. If he did, there would be no deranged Democrat Fake News. So i suspect the OP is just being a programmed bot, and spewing tired Democratic Party talking-points. I call Bullshite. Movin on...

Forum List

Back