Trump's assault on free speech - agree with him or else!

One of the smartest and most effective tactics the Regressive Left uses to shut down freedom of expression, is to accuse anyone who defends it of agreeing with it.

So, the tactic is, if you defend the right of a bigot to speak, then it must be that you agree with the bigot.

Putting those who dare to disagree on the defensive -- another way the Regressive Left perverts the spirit of freedom of expression.

Marxists don't tolerate freedom of speech except from among their own party upper ranks.

They are called the *ideological elite*.

Freedom of Expression in China: A Privilege, Not a Right | Congressional-Executive Commission on China

One of the smartest and most effective tactics the Regressive Left uses to shut down freedom of expression, is to accuse anyone who defends it of agreeing with it.

So, the tactic is, if you defend the right of a bigot to speak, then it must be that you agree with the bigot.

Putting those who dare to disagree on the defensive -- another way the Regressive Left perverts the spirit of freedom of expression.

Marxists don't tolerate freedom of speech except from among their own party upper ranks.

They are called the *ideological elite*.

Freedom of Expression in China: A Privilege, Not a Right | Congressional-Executive Commission on China

Spot On. Communists/Democrats don't support our Constitution. They despise it. No Communist Government in history has supported Free Speech rights. Why would American Communists be any different?

An *open forum* in China: "...the open forum consisted of the moderator calling on a reporter from China's state owned media..."

The left is wigging out that Trump is revoking the press passes of the marxist media plants. It enrages them almost as much as his refusal to let them filter all his utterances via various social media platforms.

Remember...being allowed to lob bricks at public speakers and ousting them from universities is what marxists consider "freedom of speech".

Yeah, I think that may be the problem. I think it's possible that they're being sincere, that they really don't see this.

That, to me, is worse than if they were lying.

I can provide direct and clear quotes from Obama, Warren and Sanders, and these folks still don't understand the concept.

Naw, we understand the concept just fine...
We just realize its... stupid.

You don't have a nice conversation with someone who wants to throw you into an oven.. that's just fucking crazy.

Okie doke.

By the way, the term "Regressive Left" was coined by a liberal Muslim Brit, Maajid Nawaz, and advanced by other liberals, below.

Yes because Self-hating minorities should always be taken seriously.

Especially when embraced by bigots..

And never, ever have an honest conversation about what our real problem with that region is... which is our policy, not their religion.

As in his private life

Trump is a thug
------------------------------------------------- thats just a personal attack and yer Opinion . And even if true , well TRUMP isn't a wusse like the never Trumpers , repubs , rinos , dems and libs RWinger

Last edited:
Okie doke.

By the way, the term "Regressive Left" was coined by a liberal Muslim Brit, Maajid Nawaz, and advanced by other liberals, below.

Yes because Self-hating minorities should always be taken seriously.

Especially when embraced by bigots..

And never, ever have an honest conversation about what our real problem with that region is... which is our policy, not their religion.

Except Maajid is way, way smarter than you. And probably everyone else on these boards.

One thing we should ALL be in agreement on....the right for any of us to speak freely without repercussion from an oppressive government. The First Amendment reads:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Trump has been assaulting freedom of speech since he has been elected. Whether it was the assault on people based on religion (Muslims). Or, his open assaults on the free press and his threats to remove certain members' press credentials to the White House if he doesn't like what they say.
Trump Is Threatening to 'Take Away' Reporters' Credentials. He Told TIME He Wouldn't Do That

His latest swipe at the First Amendment involves removal of security clearances from Americans who have the audacity to stand up for what they believe in. Americans who served their country for decades are being silenced by a President who believes everyone should serve his interests...and NOT those of the country. I don't care what you think of the politics of guys like John Brennan, but, to have them silenced simply because they disagree with what the POTUS is doing? Who else will we allow Trump to silence?
Trump's Assault on the First Amendment

Where are the patriotic Republicans?! Seriously....how many times will Trump have to wipe his backside with the Constitution before you're going to care?

That's not "silencing" them. That's simply denying them access to confidential information after their tenure has ended. That happens at workplaces all over the nation, btw. After you leave your workplace, you are denied access to the "inner workings". Nothing new there.

Refresher: the First Amendment simply means the gov't will not jail or oppress you for your speech. It does NOT mean you get unfettered access to inside information for the rest of your life because---whatever. ????
You keep making these blanket statements about what the amendments mean none have been correct.

Kindly explain what precedent you believe supports your view of the 1st amendment

Except Maajid is way, way smarter than you. And probably everyone else on these boards.

I'm not seeing it... The guy was involved in Islamic radicalism for a long time, then became a suckup to white racists... not seeing a guy who is all that smart.
He’s only smart to people who aren’t.

No, he's pretty smart. I don't remember him doing any sucking up to "white racists". It's been a few years since I heard anything from him, but I doubt he's gone that route. Maybe you guys are just idiots? I think that's probably more likely.

One thing we should ALL be in agreement on....the right for any of us to speak freely without repercussion from an oppressive government. The First Amendment reads:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Trump has been assaulting freedom of speech since he has been elected. Whether it was the assault on people based on religion (Muslims). Or, his open assaults on the free press and his threats to remove certain members' press credentials to the White House if he doesn't like what they say.
Trump Is Threatening to 'Take Away' Reporters' Credentials. He Told TIME He Wouldn't Do That

His latest swipe at the First Amendment involves removal of security clearances from Americans who have the audacity to stand up for what they believe in. Americans who served their country for decades are being silenced by a President who believes everyone should serve his interests...and NOT those of the country. I don't care what you think of the politics of guys like John Brennan, but, to have them silenced simply because they disagree with what the POTUS is doing? Who else will we allow Trump to silence?
Targeting critics, Trump threatens ex-officials' security clearances

Where are the patriotic Republicans?! Seriously....how many times will Trump have to wipe his backside with the Constitution before you're going to care?
Really? After Berkeley and other campuses intolerance of other opinions? Brennan voted for Gus Hall...fuck him.

Good news goober......nobody is looking to abolish the second amendment, so, rest easy.
lol...good news?was that a mea culpa? or freudian slip?...the goober thing was cute though, no public school PC speech is complete without such cutting wit, looking forward to your next syllable. [we'll just skip over the second amendment claim of yours that I am sure even you do not believe]
Define "PC speech"......you know, given it is the "real threat" (moreso than a President using authority to silence critics of his).
[and now for the/your "pretend ya don't understand" portion of PC debate]...well the/your above question is a very small part of that definition...PC speech in short is used to curtail debate by playing the race/misogyny/xenophobia/etc. card when your education betrays you...so, if you learn nothing else you now know [but doubtfully understand] what PC speech is, glad to be of service "praline". [I know how much you enjoy that kind of wit]

Last edited:
PC speech differs depending on who is president.

Right now it's very PC to never tell the truth, to attack our media and intelligence agencies. It's PC to kiss putin's butt while attacking our friends. It's PC to hate anyone who isn't white and far right conservative.

Right now it's very PC to behave like a childish and hateful monster.
Gee, did I mention in my previous post that PC speech requires playing the race/misogyny/xenophobe card to curtail debate when losing said debate? in any case "tank" has to pretend he don't get it but I know what you are saying.

Good news goober......nobody is looking to abolish the second amendment, so, rest easy.
lol...good news?was that a mea culpa? or freudian slip?...the goober thing was cute though, no public school PC speech is complete without such cutting wit, looking forward to your next syllable. [we'll just skip over the second amendment claim of yours that I am sure even you do not believe]
Define "PC speech"......you know, given it is the "real threat" (moreso than a President using authority to silence critics of his).
[and now for the/your "pretend ya don't understand" portion of PC debate]...well the/your above question is a very small part of that definition...PC speech in short is used to curtail debate by playing the race/misogyny/xenophobia/etc. card when your education betrays you...so, if you learn nothing else you now know [but doubtfully understand] what PC speech is, glad to be of service "praline". [I know how much you enjoy that kind of wit]

Sorry, missed a lot of the conversation yesterday.

So, in your world.....when people speak against institutional or individual racism and/or discrimination against women, that's just being "PC". BUT, when you're speaking against your version of political ideology you call "the Left", it's not??????

You people are genuine lunatics.

Targeting critics, Trump threatens ex-officials' security clearances

Really? After Berkeley and other campuses intolerance of other opinions? Brennan voted for Gus Hall...fuck him.

Yes, we crazy people are intolerant of hate speech that is designed to incite violence. Sadly, for you, there are laws against that, as well.

This is pretty funny coming from people who are intolerant of any speech against their fragile fawn of a President.

So, in your world.....when people speak against institutional or individual racism and/or discrimination against women, that's just being "PC". BUT, when you're speaking against your version of political ideology you call "the Left", it's not??????

You must have missed my conversation altogether, you just addressed something neither of us have ever discussed, very PC answer though, when caught, answer the point you wish were made instead of the one that was made...[at this point in the PC process/response you are suppose to pretend there is something else you do not understand about my post]

lol "you people"

You must have missed my conversation altogether, you just addressed something neither of us have ever discussed, very PC answer though, when caught, answer the point you wish were made instead of the one that was made...[at this point in the PC process/response you are suppose to pretend there is something else you do not understand about my post]

lol "you people"

Classic right wing gobbledygook......accuse the other side of exactly what you're doing. I'd ask what I was "caught" with.....but, don't really care what you have to say.

Maybe you're right, however.......you probably didn't make a point at all. Cannot argue with that, I guess........

Forum List

Back