Trump's assault on free speech - agree with him or else!

I didn't say the right wing news media is as powerful as the rest of the media.
then why do you treat them as equals?
Again, you're making things up. I didn't say they were equals.

The Right has its media, the Left has its media. I just said the rest of the media is larger.

If we're going to have a conversation, it's easier if you don't make things up.
Dude, I have an opinion and I'm following your posts. You treat the right media equally in here. whether you mean to or not is your issue not mine. I am interpreting your posts as you treating them equal. You have more finger pointing at the right most times then the left. I read your posts.
As I said, I get the same complaint from the Left.

I've had many, many, many Regressives attack me for saying the media clearly leans Left. They flatly deny it, at least most of them, just like they'll deny the existence of PC.

The left-leaning media encompasses most of the media in general, sure. Right wing media is much smaller, but as a result, its audience is significantly more concentrated and passionate. And more easily isolated.
what complaint do you get from the left?
That I criticize them more than I criticize the Right.

Which is probably true. I don't care for Regressive Leftists, on a personal level, so I guess that would be natural.
But dude, it's warranted because they run 80% of the media. And, as I already indicated, it takes much more to retaliate to a faked story. The HIll is a great outlet.

Now you're making stuff up. I didn't say the right wing news media is as powerful as the rest of the media.

Talk radio and and right wing internet have carved out a very lucrative piece of the pie. They have convinced their fans that everything outside their little ideological bubble is the enemy. If it's against Trump, it's fake news. If I disagree with something, it's only because the media has convinced me to be that way. Very convenient.

It's not as big as the rest of the media, obviously, but what it's doing is just as intellectually dishonest and counter-productive.

The Right has its media, the Left has its media. I just said the rest of the media is larger.

Dude, I have an opinion and I'm following your posts. You treat the right media equally in here. whether you mean to or not is your issue not mine. I am interpreting your posts as you treating them equal. You have more finger pointing at the right most times then the left. I read your posts.

I've had many, many, many Regressives attack me for saying the media clearly leans Left. They flatly deny it, at least most of them, just like they'll deny the existence of PC.

The left-leaning media encompasses most of the media in general, sure. Right wing media is much smaller, but as a result, its audience is significantly more concentrated and passionate. And more easily isolated.

I’ve noticed you love the idea of bipartisanship, you play the middle quite well. I suppose “playing the middle” sort of doubles the fun here...BUT, you really need to get with the times bud...there is no middle anymore.

“The Divided States Of America...A Nation Of Two...Embrace it
“It's officially time to pick your side people. (How elementary that sounds...haha)
Defining the "sides":
One side is prideful in God, self and country and would never expect a free ride at the expense of others. This side respects law and order and seeks a likeminded ambitious society where a degree of normalcy and conformity is greatly appreciated. This side spends their life becoming and doing better or thinking about becoming and doing better. They exhaust all effort in parenting their children and teaching family values, morals and life skills which leads to another successful life.

The other side takes great pride in very little as pride is often a byproduct of achievement. This side hates the pressure to achieve. They believe there should be no behavioral standard among Americans. They love an anything goes free for all type of society funded by others. This side will champion for anything and everything that sane Americans would consider shameful. This side believes they have a right to other people's money. They do not believe they should have to do more to get more...they simply believe they deserve more because they're an American. (In some cases)

This has turned into a bare knuckle brawl folks...there is no middle ground.
EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!”
Please see the link at the end of the second line of my sig. I make no attempt to find a middle ground.

I'm just not ideological, so I don't have to spin or play partisan games or bullshit. I can just be honest.

I think our biggest problem is that the ends of the spectrum have too much control.

what complaint do you get from the left?
That I criticize them more than I criticize the Right.

Which is probably true. I don't care for Regressive Leftists, on a personal level, so I guess that would be natural.
so again, it seems your activity in here is balanced left and right as I stated. And we all know the left own most of the media. So I stand behind my point. If you can't accept fact as fact, then you sir have issues.
I don't know what that means, but that's fine.
that's what I'd say too.

One thing we should ALL be in agreement on....the right for any of us to speak freely without repercussion from an oppressive government. The First Amendment reads:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Trump has been assaulting freedom of speech since he has been elected. Whether it was the assault on people based on religion (Muslims). Or, his open assaults on the free press and his threats to remove certain members' press credentials to the White House if he doesn't like what they say.
Trump Is Threatening to 'Take Away' Reporters' Credentials. He Told TIME He Wouldn't Do That

His latest swipe at the First Amendment involves removal of security clearances from Americans who have the audacity to stand up for what they believe in. Americans who served their country for decades are being silenced by a President who believes everyone should serve his interests...and NOT those of the country. I don't care what you think of the politics of guys like John Brennan, but, to have them silenced simply because they disagree with what the POTUS is doing? Who else will we allow Trump to silence?
Trump's Assault on the First Amendment
Targeting critics, Trump threatens ex-officials' security clearances

Where are the patriotic Republicans?! Seriously....how many times will Trump have to wipe his backside with the Constitution before you're going to care?
why do they still have security clearance? can you answer that?
who do they report to with those privileges?
Why should they keep them indefinitely?
I'm sorry, I don't get your point.

Everyone that leaves Govt service or the military that has a clearance when they get out have it till it expires, it has always been that way.

They are not indefinite, a TS is renewed every 5 years.

They have no privileges, haunch a clearance and having access are two separate issues

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
yep, understand that. the question being asked now is why? What purpose does it serve? It was, from what I heard last night, transition purposes. Well we're 18 months in and these folks still have it? What is it going to hurt anyone to remove their clearance? How is that silencing them exactly per the OP?

Why should the executive branch single out these 5 people? If having a clearance when you get out of service is such an evil thing then do away with it totally.

I do agree it is not silencing them in the least, but it is a vindictive action by Trump

------------------------------------------------ its just funny GGator . These people losing [may lose] S.C. are pwicks anyway . 'brennan' voted for a Communist is one example . I know you are not impressed with that explanation so the TRUMP heard your pleas and i guess that to make you happy that there may be a BLANKET Ban on any ex gov official keeping their 'sec clearance' in the future . If that happens and i hope that it does then everything should be good GGator .

I bet you 10 bucks that never happens, no way Trump pisses off the military that much. He would be fucking over a lot of people just to be a vindictive dick

I’ve noticed you love the idea of bipartisanship, you play the middle quite well. I suppose “playing the middle” sort of doubles the fun here...BUT, you really need to get with the times bud...there is no middle anymore.

“It's officially time to pick your side people. (How elementary that sounds...haha)
Defining the "sides":
One side is prideful in God, self and country and would never expect a free ride at the expense of others. This side respects law and order and seeks a likeminded ambitious society where a degree of normalcy and conformity is greatly appreciated. This side spends their life becoming and doing better or thinking about becoming and doing better. They exhaust all effort in parenting their children and teaching family values, morals and life skills which leads to another successful life.

The other side takes great pride in very little as pride is often a byproduct of achievement. This side hates the pressure to achieve. They believe there should be no behavioral standard among Americans. They love an anything goes free for all type of society funded by others. This side will champion for anything and everything that sane Americans would consider shameful. This side believes they have a right to other people's money. They do not believe they should have to do more to get more...they simply believe they deserve more because they're an American. (In some cases)

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!”
Please see the link at the end of the second line of my sig. I make no attempt to find a middle ground.

I'm just not ideological, so I don't have to spin or play partisan games or bullshit. I can just be honest.

I think our biggest problem is that the ends of the spectrum have too much control.
dude, that is all you ever say. So actually most of the time you say nothing. you have no beliefs I suppose. You never offer up any useful information. you merely complain that the left complain and the right complain. well duh, it's a fking message board. Make yourself useful and actually engage.

Everyone that leaves Govt service or the military that has a clearance when they get out have it till it expires, it has always been that way.

They have no privileges, haunch a clearance and having access are two separate issues

yep, understand that. the question being asked now is why? What purpose does it serve? It was, from what I heard last night, transition purposes. Well we're 18 months in and these folks still have it? What is it going to hurt anyone to remove their clearance? How is that silencing them exactly per the OP?

Why should the executive branch single out these 5 people? If having a clearance when you get out of service is such an evil thing then do away with it totally.

I do agree it is not silencing them in the least, but it is a vindictive action by Trump

------------------------------------------------ its just funny GGator . These people losing [may lose] S.C. are pwicks anyway . 'brennan' voted for a Communist is one example . I know you are not impressed with that explanation so the TRUMP heard your pleas and i guess that to make you happy that there may be a BLANKET Ban on any ex gov official keeping their 'sec clearance' in the future . If that happens and i hope that it does then everything should be good GGator .

I bet you 10 bucks that never happens, no way Trump pisses off the military that much. He would be fucking over a lot of people just to be a vindictive dick

With technologies we have today, I can see it. why are you against it? it would plug up leaks.

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!”

dude, that is all you ever say. So actually most of the time you say nothing. you have no beliefs I suppose. You never offer up any useful information. you merely complain that the left complain and the right complain. well duh, it's a fking message board. Make yourself useful and actually engage.
My positions on the issues are clearly and specifically laid out in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

I could not be more clear. And no one here offers more original ideas than me.

If you want to know what I think about something, just ask. Making stuff up will only convince me not to bother.

--------------------------------------------------- Everyone likes being SPECIAL i guess . And you might be correct and we will see but there is no reason to give these DEEP STATE Type people SPECIAL PRIVLEDGES in the USA GGator .

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!”

My positions on the issues are clearly and specifically laid out in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

If you want to know what I think about something, just ask. Making stuff up will only convince me not to bother.
never made up shit. your posts are analyzed by myself and I interpret what you say. I find more times than not you try to avoid confrontation by making general comments to either a left leaning post or right, but nothing of value to address the content. you just don't. I'm happy to read your posts daily in here. It's what I conclude. My opinions are my opinions.

Given the Regressive Left's commitment to Political Correctness, to shutting down speech at (of all places) American Universities, and its authoritarian addiction to punishing anyone who dares to say anything they don't like about anything in any situation, it has a long, long way to go before it can complain about Freedom of Speech.
What the hell does your view of 'political correctness' have anything to do with the POTUS removing press credentials from certain members of the free Press?!?!
I just explained it.

I don't think you understand what 'authoritarian' means. To do so, you have to be in a position of authority to do so.....not sure why pointing out stupidity of right wing theories equates to shutting down free speech? Quite the contrary.....I LOVE right wing nutcases speaking....their ineptitude is better evidence of their craziness than anything I could say.
Looks like we have different definitions. The fact remains, the tactics I listed are true, and the Left should clean its own house before playing the Free Speech game.

Not that I'm expecting that.
They won't. Because it's different when they do it....Somehow.

--------------------------------------------------- Everyone likes being SPECIAL i guess . And you might be correct and we will see but there is no reason to give these DEEP STATE Type people SPECIAL PRIVLEDGES in the USA GGator .
Again, he hasn't answered why they need it.

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!”

never made up shit. your posts are analyzed by myself and I interpret what you say. I find more times than not you try to avoid confrontation by making general comments to either a left leaning post or right, but nothing of value to address the content. you just don't. I'm happy to read your posts daily in here. It's what I conclude.
Okie doke.

Just for future reference, if you need clarification on what I actually think, rather than running with your interpretation, you can just ask.

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!”

let's take this one from your signature:

1. >>> It's not about "Left vs. Right". It's about the WINGERS on BOTH ends vs. a MAJORITY of America. That's MY "side of the fence".
What is it you're trying to tell us?

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!”

never made up shit. your posts are analyzed by myself and I interpret what you say. I find more times than not you try to avoid confrontation by making general comments to either a left leaning post or right, but nothing of value to address the content. you just don't. I'm happy to read your posts daily in here. It's what I conclude.
Okie doke.

Just for future reference, if you need clarification on what I actually think, rather than running with your interpretation, you can just ask.
I just did.

Given the Regressive Left's commitment to Political Correctness, to shutting down speech at (of all places) American Universities, and its authoritarian addiction to punishing anyone who dares to say anything they don't like about anything in any situation, it has a long, long way to go before it can complain about Freedom of Speech.
What the hell does your view of 'political correctness' have anything to do with the POTUS removing press credentials from certain members of the free Press?!?!
I just explained it.

I don't think you understand what 'authoritarian' means. To do so, you have to be in a position of authority to do so.....not sure why pointing out stupidity of right wing theories equates to shutting down free speech? Quite the contrary.....I LOVE right wing nutcases speaking....their ineptitude is better evidence of their craziness than anything I could say.
what speech is being shut down? why won't you answer?

let's take this one from your signature: 1. >>> It's not about "Left vs. Right". It's about the WINGERS on BOTH ends vs. a MAJORITY of America. That's MY "side of the fence". What is it you're trying to tell us?
Well, two things: There are some wingers here (from both sides, of course), who have accused me of being a "fence sitter", even though, unlike them, I regularly take incoming from both ends of the spectrum every day here. So that was a little clarification for them.

Second, the Left and the Right share many counter-productive and destructive behaviors that are causing this country great harm: Distortion, deflection, personal attacks, name-calling, wild hyperbole, intense myopia, hypocrisy, intolerance and outright lies. Since they can be so similar in their behaviors, I look at them as essentially being on the same side of the fence. The rest of us, the majority, are the on the other side.

and as far as the military and others being pizzed about losing the SPECIAL Privledges like SEC. Clearance . Do you think that these Special exGov 'deep state' employees would work against the TRUMP because they are no longer SPECIAL Mr.Schumer , er i mean GGator ??

Another day, another snowflake accusing others of doing what Democrats do and of being who Democrats are...

sk072418dAPR20180723044526.jpg

------------------------------------------------ feck these deep state types that think they are Special Mr. Schumer , er , i mean GGator .

Forum List

Back