Trump's "beautiful" Steel Slat Barrier for Mexican border lampooned by designers

Look, a wall is something you need to defend. It’s a defensive installation. I can’t understand the obsession.

You cannot expect any design to be more than a strategic advantage of the defending party.

The “wall” can be a ditch, a fence or a concrete fortification, it doesn’t really matter. It’s all about your willingness to defend it that counts.
iu
So you are trying to confirm what I just said?
I confirmed exactly the opposite of what you said. The wall is a highly effective force multiplier.

Look, a wall is something you need to defend. It’s a defensive installation. I can’t understand the obsession.

You cannot expect any design to be more than a strategic advantage of the defending party.

The “wall” can be a ditch, a fence or a concrete fortification, it doesn’t really matter. It’s all about your willingness to defend it that counts.
iu
I confirmed exactly the opposite of what you said. The wall is a highly effective force multiplier.
Didn’t I just say that? It works for the benefit of the defender. As long as it’s defended.
You can place a pretty safe bet that Israel doesn’t let an inch of that precious wall unguarded.

Just the News of the wall is effecting the price of drugs. Mexican paper reports that the gangs that were doing the heroine trade are not getting good prices and have started to gold mind and cut trees. So Mexico is flooded with Heroine they can't get it across the border very easily.
Can’t even get myself bothered anymore. Post #5 nailed it. (Quoted)

The concept, the signal value itself, the symbolic is of more value than the physical object.

No...post#5 did not 'nail it'.

Will a wall stem the flow of drugs from Mexico as Trump promised?

This is from the DEA - who know a HECK of a lot more about drug smuggling than Trump does.

'National Drug Threat Assessment Summary, October 2015: Mexican TCOs transport the bulk of their drugs over the Southwest Border through ports of entry (POEs) using passenger vehicles or tractor trailers. The drugs are typically secreted in hidden compartments when transported in passenger vehicles or comingled with legitimate goods when transported in tractor trailers. Once across the Southwest Border, the drugs are transported to stash houses in hub cities such as Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, and Phoenix, and then transported via these same conveyances to distribution groups in the Midwest and on the East Coast.

Mexican TCOs also smuggle drugs across the Southwest Border using other methods. Marijuana is occasionally trafficked through subterranean tunnels connected to a network of safe houses on both the Mexico and the US sides of the border. Mexican TCOs also transport marijuana via commercial cargo trains and on small boats, often referred to as “pangas,” from the West Coast of Baja California north to the central California coast. Finally, Mexican TCOs have also transported drugs across the Southwest Border using ultralight aircraft.'

Will Trump's Wall Stop Drug Smuggling? - FactCheck.org

A bigger wall will do almost nothing to stop illegal drug smuggling.

And there already IS a wall...it's not like there is nothing there. And building a higher wall will NOT stop illegals from getting across unless you monitor every foot of it 24 hours a day.

Now, I am for building walls where there currently is none - that just makes sense.

But building some giant thing that is still easy to get through is silly.

And to shut down government for weeks/months over this - as you call, 'symbolic' wall - is absolutely ridiculous.
I do have to agree about the last sentence. It’s ridiculous.

I am actually for a wall. But there is no point in building one that will do little to stop illegal drugs (according to the DEA) or illegal immigrants.

I say build an Israeli-style wall. Now that WILL stop illegal immigrants coming over/under the wall.

israel-security-west-bank-wall.jpg

But the cost would be massive. Still I would be for it IF it was taken from the military budget (i.e. - NO increase in spending).

But I am not for some half assed wall that will make almost no difference.

Plus, why is Trump not talking about MASSIVE penalties for those Americans who employ illegal aliens?

Simple, lots of Republicans depend on illegal aliens for cheap labor.
The Israeli wall is 440 miles long and cost $2.6 billion. Based on that price, a similar wall on our southern border would cost $11.8 billion.
You... really? You think t h a t is the way it works?!? Oh lord. You really haven’t got a clue of what you are trying to discuss, are you?

Look, I didn’t mean to be rude, but let’s just say we are not talking about the same thing. Have a nice day.

Just the News of the wall is effecting the price of drugs. Mexican paper reports that the gangs that were doing the heroine trade are not getting good prices and have started to gold mind and cut trees. So Mexico is flooded with Heroine they can't get it across the border very easily.

The concept, the signal value itself, the symbolic is of more value than the physical object.

This is from the DEA - who know a HECK of a lot more about drug smuggling than Trump does.

'National Drug Threat Assessment Summary, October 2015: Mexican TCOs transport the bulk of their drugs over the Southwest Border through ports of entry (POEs) using passenger vehicles or tractor trailers. The drugs are typically secreted in hidden compartments when transported in passenger vehicles or comingled with legitimate goods when transported in tractor trailers. Once across the Southwest Border, the drugs are transported to stash houses in hub cities such as Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, and Phoenix, and then transported via these same conveyances to distribution groups in the Midwest and on the East Coast.

Mexican TCOs also smuggle drugs across the Southwest Border using other methods. Marijuana is occasionally trafficked through subterranean tunnels connected to a network of safe houses on both the Mexico and the US sides of the border. Mexican TCOs also transport marijuana via commercial cargo trains and on small boats, often referred to as “pangas,” from the West Coast of Baja California north to the central California coast. Finally, Mexican TCOs have also transported drugs across the Southwest Border using ultralight aircraft.'

And there already IS a wall...it's not like there is nothing there. And building a higher wall will NOT stop illegals from getting across unless you monitor every foot of it 24 hours a day.

Now, I am for building walls where there currently is none - that just makes sense.

And to shut down government for weeks/months over this - as you call, 'symbolic' wall - is absolutely ridiculous.

I am actually for a wall. But there is no point in building one that will do little to stop illegal drugs (according to the DEA) or illegal immigrants.

I say build an Israeli-style wall. Now that WILL stop illegal immigrants coming over/under the wall.

But the cost would be massive. Still I would be for it IF it was taken from the military budget (i.e. - NO increase in spending).

Plus, why is Trump not talking about MASSIVE penalties for those Americans who employ illegal aliens?

The Israeli wall is 440 miles long and cost $2.6 billion. Based on that price, a similar wall on our southern border would cost $11.8 billion.
It's amazing how cheaply they built that wall...........Perhaps the ground was easier to build on........but I read it had a high maintenance cost.............probably from bombs and rockets hitting it.........LOL

Walls require manpower to back it up...........it is a deterrent............according to the CBP the areas where their was infrastructure.......aka fences, barriers, walls, electronics.......etc..........illegals getting across dropped dramatically......We do have manpower behind the walls.........arresting those who cross

It is designed to make it harder.......layered defense with tech.

the cost of this wall is $25 million dollars for every mile.... I can walk a mile, in about 15 minutes....

and that was to rebuild an old wall or add a little to it...

and from my understanding, it does not include buying the land from the home owners, who will have to be bought out, for fair market value, using eminent domain!!!

Nor does it include future maintenance.

the cost of this wall is $25 million dollars for every mile.... I can walk a mile, in about 15 minutes....

and that was to rebuild an old wall or add a little to it...

and from my understanding, it does not include buying the land from the home owners, who will have to be bought out, for fair market value, using eminent domain!!!

Nor does it include future maintenance.
Cost less in Israel and Turkey............don't have the kick backs...........LOL

The Fence pretty much took care of a whole lot of the land problem...........

It would cost a lot more than that. The Israeli wall is over a relatively small, geographical area. The American wall would be built over a huge one...lots of it in remote locations.

But, even if it was double or triple your estimate..fine. Build it.

But ONLY if a) it comes from the existing military budget.

and b) Trump also implements MASSIVE increases in penalties to those who employ illegal aliens (something I do not recall hearing Trump talk about much so far - if at all).

iu
Didn’t I just say that? It works for the benefit of the defender. As long as it’s defended.
You can place a pretty safe bet that Israel doesn’t let an inch of that precious wall unguarded.
Who is suggesting that it wouldn't be defended other than dumbass snowflakes like you? We already have a border patrol. What do you imagine they will be doing once the wall is in place, twiddling their thumbs? Playing pool in a bar?

It would cost a lot more than that. The Israeli wall is over a relatively small, geographical area. The American wall would be built over a huge one...lots of it in remote locations.

But, even if it was double or triple your estimate..fine. Build it.

But ONLY if a) it comes from the existing military budget.

and b) Trump also implements MASSIVE increases in penalties to those who employ illegal aliens (something I do not recall hearing Trump talk about much so far - if at all).

The Israeli wall is 440 miles long. Ours would be 2000 miles long. That means ours should cost 4.5 times more.

Can you do simple math? Are you all open-borders traitors a bunch of retards?

It wouldn't bother me a bit if it came out of the existing military budget, but who the fuck are you to say how it is funded?

Fuck your "screw the employers" bullshit. All you're doing is demonstrating your hatred of private employers. We already have penalties on the books, but leftwing politicians refuse to enforce them.

Just tell President Pussyboy he can have his wall. It will never be built anyway.

A wall we already have fag boy?

Uh...what? We already have it?!?! Better tell your cult leader Pussyboy right away!
Y

Created by Cable
1995 STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESSThis clip, title, and description were not created by C-SPAN.
In 1995, Bill Clinton was all about "building that wall"
USER-CREATED CLIP
JANUARY 28, 2017

Isn't it amazing how a few decades and desperation for votes can change a tune?

Report profane or abusive content

1:25
  • Transcript type
    Full Transcript
    • Full Transcript
  • Filter by Speaker
    All Speakers
    • All Speakers
    • Bill Clinton
  • Search this transcript
01:02:52
height.69.no_border.width.69.jpg
Bill Clinton
All Americans, not only in the States most heavily affected but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. That's why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens. In the budget I will present to you, we will try to do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens who are arrested for crimes, to better identify illegal aliens in the workplace as recommended by the commission headed by former Congresswoman Barbara Jordan. We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.

You... really? You think t h a t is the way it works?!? Oh lord. You really haven’t got a clue of what you are trying to discuss, are you?

Look, I didn’t mean to be rude, but let’s just say we are not talking about the same thing. Have a nice day.
Yes, that is the way it works, dumbass. Please explain to us why my calculations are off-base.

Just tell President Pussyboy he can have his wall. It will never be built anyway.

Uh...what? We already have it?!?! Better tell your cult leader Pussyboy right away!
Y

Created by Cable
1995 STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESSThis clip, title, and description were not created by C-SPAN.
USER-CREATED CLIP
JANUARY 28, 2017

• Transcript type
    Full Transcript
    • Full Transcript
  • Filter by Speaker
    All Speakers
    • All Speakers
    • Bill Clinton
  • Search this transcript
Bill Clinton
All Americans, not only in the States most heavily affected but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. That's why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens. In the budget I will present to you, we will try to do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens who are arrested for crimes, to better identify illegal aliens in the workplace as recommended by the commission headed by former Congresswoman Barbara Jordan. We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.

How racist bill clinton was !!!!!

Y

Created by Cable
USER-CREATED CLIP
JANUARY 28, 2017

• Transcript type
    Full Transcript
    • Full Transcript
  • Filter by Speaker
    All Speakers
    • All Speakers
    • Bill Clinton
  • Search this transcript
Bill Clinton

Y

Created by Cable
USER-CREATED CLIP
JANUARY 28, 2017

• Transcript type
    Full Transcript
    • Full Transcript
  • Filter by Speaker
    All Speakers
    • All Speakers
    • Bill Clinton
  • Search this transcript
Bill Clinton
Yes, we all know you have Clinton Tourette's Syndrome. Was there another point you were trying to make?

Y

Created by Cable
USER-CREATED CLIP
JANUARY 28, 2017

• Transcript type
    Full Transcript
    • Full Transcript
  • Filter by Speaker
    All Speakers
    • All Speakers
    • Bill Clinton
  • Search this transcript
Bill Clinton

Y

Created by Cable
USER-CREATED CLIP
JANUARY 28, 2017

• Transcript type
    Full Transcript
    • Full Transcript
  • Filter by Speaker
    All Speakers
    • All Speakers
    • Bill Clinton
  • Search this transcript
Bill Clinton
Yes, we all know you have Clinton Tourette's Syndrome. Was there another point you were trying to make?

Facts get in your way dumb fuck?

Created by Cable
USER-CREATED CLIP
JANUARY 28, 2017

• Transcript type
    Full Transcript
    • Full Transcript
  • Filter by Speaker
    All Speakers
    • All Speakers
    • Bill Clinton
  • Search this transcript
Bill Clinton

I'll ask again:

Is there a point you are trying to make? Use your big boy words. Nobody will know what you mean, if you don't use your big boy words.

Forum List

Back