Trump's big mistake with the American public

You do understand the concept of elected representatives, don;t you?
We all do...

Right up to the point where elected representatives no longer faithfully represent the interests and desires of their constituencies...

Which is why in a democracy no one can rule without the consent of the people. They simply lose their jobs when they govern in a way that they don't agree with. Why do some people have to make this argument to others in our country? I would think that would be kind of obvious in any democratic form of government especially if you live in one.
Because the perception is that the system no longer works as advertised, and that nothing The People can do will make enough of a difference to actually change it back?

We all do...

Right up to the point where elected representatives no longer faithfully represent the interests and desires of their constituencies...

Your problem is that all of their constituents don't always agree on what they want. and the part that agrees with you is small and getting smaller.

We all do...

Your problem is that all of their constituents don't always agree on what they want. and the part that agrees with you is small and getting smaller.
Given that I'm a Centrist, alongside vast numbers of my countrymen, your analysis is quite far off-the-mark...

People on the Left are pissed, and have arisen, in a Populist Rebellion (Sanders' supporters), in large numbers...

People on the Right are pissed, and have arisen in a Populist Rebellion (Trump's supporters), in large numbers...

People in the Center are pissed that the Left and the Right continuously hold things up and prevent things from getting done...

Given that our elected representatives (so-called) are mostly corporate sell-outs nowadays, regardless of whether they wear a (D) or (r) on their sleeve...

The lack of satisfaction is profound, and coming from all angles...

That, in a nutshell, is the classic example of a failure of representative democracy...

===========================================

Was there any other definition that I can help you with, today?

Last edited:
We all do...

Given that I'm a Centrist, alongside vast numbers of my countrymen, your analysis is quite far off-the-mark...

People on the Left are pissed, and have arisen, in a Populist Rebellion (Sanders' supporters), in large numbers...

People on the Right are pissed, and have arisen in a Populist Rebellion (Trump's supporters), in large numbers...

People in the Center are pissed that the Left and the Right continuously hold things up and prevent things from getting done...

Given that our elected representatives (so-called) are mostly corporate sell-outs nowadays, regardless of whether they wear a (D) or (r) on their sleeve...

That, in a nutshell, is the classic example of a failure of representative democracy...

People in the center are not the ones preventing things from getting done. Are you trying to say people like Cruz are the center?

If Trump took a stroll through almost any WalMart, I am fearful he would give up and move to Cayman Islands.

We need Trump, he does not need us. 4-8 more years of decline is hard to imagine? Trump seems to be the only hope? Or Sanders to speed up the end.

We all do...

People in the center are not the ones preventing things from getting done. Are you trying to say people like Cruz are the center?
Go back and read it again.

1. I did not say that the Center is being obstructive

2. I did not say that Cruz is an example of a Centrist

I did not even remotely hint-at or imply any such things.

Forum List

Back