trump's bond insurer doesn't seem to have the money.

Trump’s Bond Insurer Doesn’t Seem To Have The $175M It’s Guaranteeing

"In a midday court filing, the Knight Speciality Insurance Company revealed that it currently only has $138 million in “surplus.” That means the bond it has decided to post for Trump smashes through the 10 percent barrier, topping a whopping 127 percent of the company’s dedicated reserves."
Pretty much explains why the guy was willing to do it, he can't risk what he doesn't have.
Crooks and liars trying to post bond for a crook and a liar.

trump claims he has half a billion dollars in cash, why does he need someone else to post his bond anyway?
Where ever Trump goes, fraud follows.

Unemployable shitstains kicking around the sophisticated nuances of a $175M bond....

It's more than a man should have to stomach.... :laughing0301:

President Trump is worth more than your entire family lineages back to the 1300's....

Fear and Loathing of Capitalism
Crep tends to post crap, based on really biased crap. His link is this;

1712366925587.png

Which doesn't give us any new information, it just launders information for drive by, low IQ emotional partisans, from here;

1712366997555.png

Which is sorta. . . .more of the same. :rolleyes:

. . . and they don't do much of any original analysis either, they are just yanking from here;

Is Trump's $175 million civil fraud bond valid in New York?

". . . The billionaire behind Trump's bond is Don Hankey, the chairman of Knight Insurance, which owns the subsidiary that wrote the bond.

Hankey said that Trump used "cash" as collateral for the bond, a total of $175 million.

"First he furnished about $120 million worth of bonds that we OK'd, so we assumed it would be investment-grade bonds and cash. But as it turned out, it was all cash," he told CBS News in a brief phone call on Tuesday.

But Trump retained that $175 million cash collateral, according to Shah. He said the money is in an account that is "pledged" to the company. He would not specify the type of account. Trump paid a premium to the company that Shah declined to disclose.

"It seems to me that the underlying case is about the [New York] attorney general requiring strict compliance with the law," said Lederman.

"The law requires an insurance company posting a surety bond to be authorized in New York," he said. "And there are serious questions about if this bond was properly posted."

Under a New York law known as CPLR 2502, an "insurance company [shall be] authorized to execute the undertaking within the state."

When CBS News asked Hankey about Knight Specialty's authorization to issue bonds in New York, the company's net worth and potential deficiencies in the bond filing for Trump, he deferred to Knight's president: "I'm chairman of that company. I've got several other companies that I own. Amit Shah would be the person to talk to."

Shah explained that the company is authorized to issue a surety bond in New York through the Excess Line Association of New York (ELANY). He said the company is approved by ELANY to issue bonds from its home domicile state of Delaware, where it is allowed to write surety bonds.

"Our position is we're compliant," said Shah.

Knight's compliance officer, Mike Pepitone, said that there are a number of insurance companies that do not hold a license in every state, but a company is able to write a bond in other states where they are not licensed on what he said is called "an excess and surplus lines basis."

"For court bonds, as regulated by the CPLR, the law is clear about in-state license requirement," said Pollock, who noted that there are surety bonds used in other industries like construction that would not be subject to that rule. . . "

As a general rule? If Crepitus is the person making the OP? It is probably garbage. Don't get too emotionally invested in it.

Trump’s Bond Insurer Doesn’t Seem To Have The $175M It’s Guaranteeing

"In a midday court filing, the Knight Speciality Insurance Company revealed that it currently only has $138 million in “surplus.” That means the bond it has decided to post for Trump smashes through the 10 percent barrier, topping a whopping 127 percent of the company’s dedicated reserves."
Pretty much explains why the guy was willing to do it, he can't risk what he doesn't have.
Crooks and liars trying to post bond for a crook and a liar.

trump claims he has half a billion dollars in cash, why does he need someone else to post his bond anyway?

Not a very reliable source

Unemployable shitstains kicking around the sophisticated nuances of a $175M bond....

It's more than a man should have to stomach.... :laughing0301:

President Trump is worth more than your entire family lineages back to the 1300's....
Trump is a crook. A big fat one.

Look poster, you may have just joined this forum or just joined one of the several theads on this trial and the ensuing verdict and the intention to appeal.

I get it. You are out of the loop.
So do this, rather than have other posters serve as your mentors or tutors....do a 'search'. The fraud trial is now well-plowed ground. Bring your own self up to speed.

Good luck.
----------------------------------------

Ah Rawley, you sound so much like one of our domestic MAGA-Q's.

How can we tell?

Well, your apparent misogyny is a tell.
MAGA = an acronym for Misogyny.

No?

Like most in your cult, words have no meaning to you. Sad.

Like most in your cult, words have no meaning to you. Sad.

More like his words literally have no meaning to anyone.

There are sentences that consist of words, but it's all chaotic gibberish.

On the positive side - that probably does him a service as it obscures whatever cockamamie insanity he was attempting to communicate.

"words have no meaning to you."
-------------------------------------------------
I would demur on the above.
In fact, I know what m-i-s-o-g-y-n-y means.
And can often readily recognize it when misogynist apply it to women's figures or body parts.

Can't you?

The victims are there. With fraud like this you're gaining an unfair advantage in the business world. Trump might be able to make a deal, when otherwise he wouldn't have made a deal, which means someone else lost out on that deal.
"Everyone else"? Do you know how few have the clout and interest in spending hundreds of millions of dollars to build? There are also thousands of financial institutions in New York alone.

What you are saying is a major extrapolation and you know this. It would be different if Trump didn't build and he didn't repay. He did both. Therefore, all those who benefited from this transaction benefitted.

Imagine how much fraud is going on in New York government alone? WIth NOONE outside the crooks benefiting,

-------------------------------------------------
I would demur on the above.
In fact, I know what m-i-s-o-g-y-n-y means.
And can often readily recognize it when misogynist apply it to women's figures or body parts.

Can't you?
Let me quess, it's misogyny when I call that other TDS asshole FatFuck Bragg a FatFuck. Because words AND science have no meaning in your cult.

"Everyone else"? Do you know how few have the clout and interest in spending hundreds of millions of dollars to build? There are also thousands of financial institutions in New York alone.

What you are saying is a major extrapolation and you know this. It would be different if Trump didn't build and he didn't repay. He did both. Therefore, all those who benefited from this transaction benefitted.

Imagine how much fraud is going on in New York government alone? WIth NOONE outside the crooks benefiting,

As if you know better than a self-confessed frigid weirdo.

That is long past
It has already been decided in court

Trump is guilty of fraud and liable for substantial damages
All he can appeal is the amount
You've heard of the term "civil disobedience" right?

I am not suggesting Trump can or should disobey, however, it was also illegal for Rosa Parks to sit in a white persons seat.

Do some research on the "Peoples Court" in Germany 1940s. Since it was ordered by government, hey, the murdering of any "enemy" (see, peoples heritage at birth) was acceptable and legal.

Forum List

Back