Trump's future hangs in the balance: Possible charges as Classified Documents Probe may be announced after Memorial Day

Because they didn't need to. Biden turned everything over quickly. Trump's lawyers argued forever and the DoJ got fed up and issued a subpoena to compel them.
Nope. Is that what your talking heads are telling you?

Look at the timeline. Trump turned over 15 boxes of docs to NARA, including some marked classified. Within 2 months, Biden's DOJ opened a criminal investigation, empaneled a Grand Jury and issued the subpoena you feel is key.

I'll ask again, can you explain why Biden's DOJ didn't open a criminal investigation, empanel a grand jury and issue a subpeona to Biden, like they did to Trump?

Last edited:
Once they realized they had him, they self reported. Trump was caught. Jeez, TK, don't hide your goods behind the sofa against the wall like Trump.
After six or more years and shit was found in Biden's garage. Seriously If I had done anything like that in the military I would have been breaking little rocks into big ones for a very long time.

Do you guys think Ron DeSantis will take advantage of the situation and paint Trump as a criminal if Trump is charged?
Bloomberg News has the development:

"Special Counsel Jack Smith is wrapping up his investigation into former president Donald Trump’s refusal to return classified documents after his election defeat and is poised to announce possible criminal charges in the days or weeks after Memorial Day, according to people familiar with the matter.

As Smith’s team winds down the classified documents probe, a separate inquiry into efforts by Trump and his allies to overturn the 2020 election continues, according to four people familiar with the matter who asked not to be identified discussing a confidential inquiry.

Trump’s associates believe the Justice Department’s investigation into documents taken from the White House after he left office is close to the end, said one of the people, but they don’t know if charges will be brought against the former president or anyone else.

Any indictments resulting from the roughly year-long investigation must be approved by Attorney General Merrick Garland and a federal grand jury.

Bub...at this point...does it really matter??

tranny manny 536.JPG

Nope. Is that what your talking head are telling you?

Look at the timeline. Trump turned over 15 boxes of docs to NARA, including some marked classified. Within 2 months, Biden's DOJ opened a criminal investigation, empaneled a Grand Jury and issued the subpoena you feel is key.

I'll ask again, can you explain why Biden's DOJ didn't open a criminal investigation, empanel a grand jury and issue a subpeona to Biden, like the did to Trump?

NARA first started asking Trump for documents in May 2021. Trump didn't turn anything over until January 2022. Then Trump's lawyers argued with NARA trying to prevent them from turning over the documents to the DoJ, which took more months.

Differentiate that with Biden who came to the DoJ with the documents.

It's totally different.

But he was handed that case by the IG for prosecution.

That was their decided opinion except the origins of the Durham probe was to uncover the greatest conspiracy in History, Obamagate! In reality it was to intended to interfere in the 2020 election on Trumps behalf but they never uncovered squat!

Barr, for his part, has reportedly pressured Durham and his team for months over the investigation into the investigation–insisting that the prosecutor release the results before Election Day in an effort to use the full apparatus of the U.S. Department of Justice as a salve for President Donald Trump‘s electoral woes.

And while Barr has often energized the president’s base with updates about the progress of the Durham investigation, he has also repeatedly disappointed the same base by not producing high-profile indictments.
So, you are accusing Barr of pressuring Durham to release the results before election day? Yet, Durham released the results long after election day, by more than two years.

Shows a lot of integrity and moral courage on Durham's part, as I'm sure you'd agree. Therefore his report is to be treated with a great deal of credibility, unlike the one Robert Meuller did not apparently read, much less write.

Not all. They are not equivalent. You could ask Trump why he defied the US government for eleven months.
To Rawley above: Trump acted criminally, Biden did not.

Biden's a Democrat, of course, all's good. When he was a Senator, he had to actively hide documents by sticking them down his pants were they wouldn't search. He had documents all over his house, but we can believe he had honest intent, he's a Democrat! You'll believe whatever he tells you

It is the question. Classification of the documents is not the relevant issue. Trump was given a grand jury subpoena and he didn't comply with it. If he had, there'd be no real issues.

They had no legitimate power to take files he was entitled to. If he were a Democrat, you'd suddenly get that

Ye of little faith in your fellow citizens.
I just don't think the "documents thing" will really resonate with voters. With Hillary, we had Comey coming out a week before the eleciton saying "wait we found something, but we can't tell you what ... yet."

And that pretty much sealed the deal for Trump.

But I'm assuming that will not happen again.

They had no legitimate power to take files he was entitled to. If he were a Democrat, you'd suddenly get that
Mistakes happen all the time and documents get misplaced unintentionally. We don't criminalize that. If he weren't a Democrat, you'd get that.

We criminalize obstruction because that is clearly intentional.

what about all the other ones? even dating back to when he was a Senator?

How did some of those documents at the Penn Center end up in a different file, one he labeled "personal" ?
Someone filed it improperly would bey guess but I don't know...and neither do you.

I just don't think the "documents thing" will really resonate with voters. With Hillary, we had Comey coming out a week before the eleciton saying "wait we found something, but we can't tell you what ... yet."

And that pretty much sealed the deal for Trump.

But I'm assuming that will not happen again.
I just hope Hillary has a chance visit him in jail over it, for the irony of it.

Besides being labeled "classified"?

Biden’s attorneys later found more documents at the president’s home in Wilmington, Delaware, on Dec. 20, prompting a search of the home by FBI agents on Jan. 20. Biden’s personal lawyers said Justice Department investigators found more than half a dozen additional documents, some marked classified, in the search.
The question is if Biden knew he had classified documents. We know he had them.

This a question of obstruction, not possession.

NARA first started asking Trump for documents in May 2021. Trump didn't turn anything over until January 2022.

Not sure why I even provide links (to loon sources even). In May 2021 Trump said 'sure, come pick these 12 boxes containing the documents you are whining about.' NARA didn't get around to arranging the pickup until December.

Within a week of NARA getting the documents, they called in the DOJ who immediately started a criminal investigation.

Then Trump's lawyers argued with NARA trying to prevent them from turning over the documents to the DoJ, which took more months.
Nope. NARA told Trump's lawyers to fuck themselves. There was no delay,

Differentiate that with Biden who came to the DoJ with the documents.

It's totally different.
Yup. They have been treated totally different. Trump voluntarily provided documents and Biden's DOJ immediately started a criminal investigation. I'll asks a third and final time why the disparate treatment.

It seems clear you are not a Trump fan, But to ignore the reality of the disparate treatment and the politicization of the FBI and DOJ is simply harming the country.

Mistakes happen all the time and documents get misplaced unintentionally. We don't criminalize that. If he weren't a Democrat, you'd get that.

We criminalize obstruction because that is clearly intentional.

So Biden "accidentally" repeatedly stuck documents down his pants because they searched him when he left and took them home and left them around the house. That was an accident, repeatedly sticking them down his pants. I have in fact NEVER accidentally stuck documents down my pants even once. I suppose you're claiming you have? How stupid are you? Seriously, how stupid?

The question is if Biden knew he had classified documents. We know he had them.

This a question of obstruction, not possession.
Clearly these people have not been told about the significant differences in the two cases.

So, they just equate them.

Trying to clarify it for them is pointless, because they literally don't want to know.

Trump workers moved Mar-a-Lago boxes a day before Justice Dept. came for documents​

So, you are accusing Barr of pressuring Durham to release the results before election day? Yet, Durham released the results long after election day, by more than two years.

Shows a lot of integrity and moral courage on Durham's part, as I'm sure you'd agree. Therefore his report is to be treated with a great deal of credibility, unlike the one Robert Meuller did not apparently read, much less write.
Durham's investigation, compared to Mueller's investigation was a total flop. Yes absolutely, Barr was putting his thumb on the election using the Durham investigation as the backdrop for numerous innuendos about the bad things that were being uncovered about the Democrats he was investigation. When in reality we now know he was finding nothing.

Clearly these people have not been told about the significant differences in the two cases.

So, they just equate them.

Trying to clarify it for them is pointless, because they literally don't want to know.

Trump workers moved Mar-a-Lago boxes a day before Justice Dept. came for documents​

Bull shit, the cases were entirely different. Trump did it legally, Biden didn't. There is nothing the same or even close about that. You do constantly shill for Democrats every chance you get, then you whine to high heaven every time someone points it out. I read this hoping you weren't going to be a left wing shill and I was going to say it if you came through, but you didn't. It's same ol same ol, Democrats rule, that's your motto

Forum List

Back