Trump's future hangs in the balance: Possible charges as Classified Documents Probe may be announced after Memorial Day

Suppose - just suppose - that the DOJ actually has a provable case against Trump. I doubt it. If they had, they would not have waited this long. But just suppose.

Since he is the front runner for the nomination of a major party, It would be incredibly anti-democratic for them to file charges at this time, for such a lame “offense.” Trying to take away the voters’ ability to choose with a hastily filed indictment is the clearest case of election interference by the executive branch that I could imagine.

Do you guys think Ron DeSantis will take advantage of the situation and paint Trump as a criminal if Trump is charged?
Bloomberg News has the development:

"Special Counsel Jack Smith is wrapping up his investigation into former president Donald Trump’s refusal to return classified documents after his election defeat and is poised to announce possible criminal charges in the days or weeks after Memorial Day, according to people familiar with the matter.

As Smith’s team winds down the classified documents probe, a separate inquiry into efforts by Trump and his allies to overturn the 2020 election continues, according to four people familiar with the matter who asked not to be identified discussing a confidential inquiry.

Trump’s associates believe the Justice Department’s investigation into documents taken from the White House after he left office is close to the end, said one of the people, but they don’t know if charges will be brought against the former president or anyone else.

Any indictments resulting from the roughly year-long investigation must be approved by Attorney General Merrick Garland and a federal grand jury.
Senator Biden has classified documents in his private office
So when will charges be brought against senator Joe Biden?

For kyzr, billijeans, and all of MAGA in general:

These words of wisdom were quoted by my friend two years ago: "Always use your own free agency to make life choices, never permit anyone else’s free agency to make those choices for you."

Suppose - just suppose - that the DOJ actually has a provable case against Trump. I doubt it. If they had, they would not have waited this long. But just suppose.

Since he is the front runner for the nomination of a major party, It would be incredibly anti-democratic for them to file charges at this time, for such a lame “offense.” Trying to take away the voters’ ability to choose with a hastily filed indictment is the clearest case of election interference by the executive branch that I could imagine.
Democrats do not care it's power, power, power, to them, problem for democrat voters is, useful idiots easily duped will be the first to go

Classified or declassified, those documents are still government documents and don't belong to him

Yet Biden who took documents over longer periods and spread them through his house doesn't bother you at all. You're a lying bitch, this isn't a standard to you, it's just a lame partisan attack

For kyzr, billijeans, and all of MAGA in general:

These words of wisdom were quoted by my friend two years ago: "Always use your own free agency to make life choices, never permit anyone else’s free agency to make those choices for you."
Says the democrat cultist

Yet Biden who took documents over longer periods and spread them through his house doesn't bother you at all. You're a lying bitch, this isn't a standard to you, it's just a lame partisan attack
Apples and Orange. Biden self declared and returned what he had. Trump lied, cried, and denied before the FBI kicked him in the ass.

Oh it doesn't matter to you, you are a sycophant who if they ate aborted fetuses on T.V, you would say well they were dead weren't they, did they know they were eating dead fetuses, if you can't prove they knew, they are innocent.
I am not sure how your ad hominem proves Biden knew he had the documents...or if you are just throwing a temper tantrum.

Calm down snowflake.

Apples and Orange. Biden self declared and returned what he had. Trump lied, cried, and denied before the FBI kicked him in the ass.
Poopeypants didnt declare anything Slowbot....Trump was still president when these docs were removed and declassified.
You wackos always get your facts messed up.

Explain the relevance of Biden "self declaring" documents he had from decades of being a DC insider all over his house as if he found them innocently when he was playing with his dog. Oh, here are a bunch of documents from when I was in the Senate, and a bunch more as Veep.

Explain how that could happen innocently. Obviously, it couldn't

Right he turned them over immediately after 6 years and everyone knows a box in a garage is the most secure place in the history of the universe. Jumping through hoops is like an Olympic sport for you people.

Do you guys think Ron DeSantis will take advantage of the situation and paint Trump as a criminal if Trump is charged?
Only if they are incredibly stupid. Dems have been saying that Trump is a criminal for like 6 years. I cant imagine DeSantis would be dumb enough to enrage the GOP base by doing the sane thing.

Forum List

Back