Trump's legal battles and the 2022 Mid Terms

This dodgy accountant has been working for trump for 50 years without Donny knowing that he is a crook.
He will be devastated to hear that his organisation has been used to break the law and defraud America.
He might just retire from public life to ease his pain.

This piece says that Trump's upcoming legal battles -- whatever they are, assuming they happen -- will be a big drag on the GOP's electoral chances in 2022.

I don't buy it.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout. We know that the GOP will nominate and turn out to vote for the trumpiest candidates they can find. They will do this because, if they don't, they will lose America to the commies and the Hitlers, and we will all suffer and die. This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.

The Dems? Independents? Are they going to be scratching at the door to vote, as if their lives depended on it? Will some tax dodge conviction motivate them to vote in the mid terms more than they have historically? I sure could be wrong (again), but I don't see it.

You are absolutely right: It is all about turnout.

Will Dems be motivated to turnout in 2022? Historically for mid-terms and the party in power, I would say no; however, these may be unusual times and if Trump is the issue, all bets are off.

We can come back to this next year. I say the election will revolve around the economy. If prices continue to climb the (D)'s can forget about any majorities.

Granted the GOP will likely go with the loons keeping it all close.

I don’t think 2022 will have any crisis one way or the other
No wars, no economic collapse, no pandemic

Dems will run on FEAR OF TRUMP
Republicans will claim Dems are Commies

We can come back to this next year. I say the election will revolve around the economy. If prices continue to climb the (D)'s can forget about any majorities.

So you don't think the motivations of 2020 and 2022 will be the same?

2020 was about getting rid of Trump. 2022 will be about the economy.

If prices continue to rise the GOP will have a great platform to run on as long as they don't run candidates that want to run on "Dems are Commies".

If prices continue to rise, they won't have to but it seems some just can't stop themselves.

If prices continue to rise the GOP will have a great platform to run on as long as they don't run candidates that want to run on "Dems are Commies".

If prices continue to rise, they won't have to but it seems some just can't stop themselves.

I don’t think inflation alone will do it.
The stock market is at record highs, GDP is rising, millions of new jobs……..more importantly, we are returning to normal after a year of COVID

The stock market is at record highs, GDP is rising, millions of new jobs……..more importantly, we are returning to normal after a year of COVID

All with millions not benefitting from any of that.

People are returning to work and their lives are returning to normal.
It will be difficult to stir up voter rage

You can bet $4.00 gas and increased food prices will indeed do that.

Let's note that they are returning to work without the promise of an increase in the minimum wage.

You can bet $4.00 gas and increased food prices will indeed do that.

Let's note that they are returning to work without the promise of an increase in the minimum wage.
Well, let’s see where gas prices go. Right now they are at $3.00. But we went years with gas in the $3.00 - $4.00 range, there will not be shock like we had before.

Any outrage over minimum wage will be directed at Republicans

I see 2022 as a very boring midterm

Mac1958
Lose it to the commies. What a load of shit. They kicked trump out in november so you're asking then to reinstate his stooge next year. Are you kidding g?

You're precious silent majority showed you what they thought of the idiot.

This piece says that Trump's upcoming legal battles -- whatever they are, assuming they happen -- will be a big drag on the GOP's electoral chances in 2022.

I don't buy it.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout. We know that the GOP will nominate and turn out to vote for the trumpiest candidates they can find. They will do this because, if they don't, they will lose America to the commies and the Hitlers, and we will all suffer and die. This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.

The Dems? Independents? Are they going to be scratching at the door to vote, as if their lives depended on it? Will some tax dodge conviction motivate them to vote in the mid terms more than they have historically? I sure could be wrong (again), but I don't see it.

Will Dems be motivated to turnout in 2022? Historically for mid-terms and the party in power, I would say no; however, these may be unusual times and if Trump is the issue, all bets are off.
Yeah. 35+ million more people voted in 2020. Now it's up to the party to keep the momentum going.

TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!!
nice summary of the GQP-platform.

TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!!
nice summary of the GQP-platform.
Sadly.

I don't buy it.

Yeah. 35+ million more people voted in 2020. Now it's up to the party to keep the momentum going.

Republicans have been working hard to cut down on early voting and mail in voting

I don't buy it.

Republicans have been working hard to cut down on early voting and mail in voting
Yeah. So the Stacey Abrams types need to work that much harder.

I don't buy it.

Exhibit 2,309: Trump broke the Left

China threatening war, Putin laughing at Biden, Biden embarrassing himself at G7. Orange Man Still Bad!! Very Bad!!

Last edited:

I don't buy it.

Exhibit 2,309: Trump broke the Left

China threatening war, Putin laughing at Biden, Biden embarrassing himself at G7. Orange Man Still Bad!!1 Very Bad!!
Attacks and deflection aside, it appears that I said something you think is wrong.

What would that be, precisely?

Forum List

Back