Trump's legal battles and the 2022 Mid Terms

Midterm elections are not friendly to the president's political party. Modern midterm elections have resulted in an average loss of 30 seats in the House of Representatives and Senateby the political party whose president occupies the White House.

In the 21 midterm elections held since 1934, only twice has the president's party gained seats in both the Senate and the House: Franklin Delano Roosevelt's first midterm election and George W. Bush's first midterm election.

On four other occasions, the president's party gained Senate seats and once it was a draw. On one occasion, the president's party gained House seats. The worst midterm losses tend to occur in a president's first term.

Food for thought…

This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.
How odd

Thats exactly how it is for you too

You are wound just as tight as the trump supporters you are attacking every day, all day, morning noon and night

This piece says that Trump's upcoming legal battles -- whatever they are, assuming they happen -- will be a big drag on the GOP's electoral chances in 2022.

I don't buy it.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout. We know that the GOP will nominate and turn out to vote for the trumpiest candidates they can find. They will do this because, if they don't, they will lose America to the commies and the Hitlers, and we will all suffer and die. This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.

The Dems? Independents? Are they going to be scratching at the door to vote, as if their lives depended on it? Will some tax dodge conviction motivate them to vote in the mid terms more than they have historically? I sure could be wrong (again), but I don't see it.

I think we both know the answer....the turnout of the Democrats in most areas will be pathetic. The GOP voters simply take this more seriously than the DNC voters. If you put the polling place in many democrat's back yard, they'd complain about having to open the back door to get to the polling place.
After Trump, I don't think that is the case anymore.
I truly hope you're right.

This piece says that Trump's upcoming legal battles -- whatever they are, assuming they happen -- will be a big drag on the GOP's electoral chances in 2022.

I don't buy it.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout. We know that the GOP will nominate and turn out to vote for the trumpiest candidates they can find. They will do this because, if they don't, they will lose America to the commies and the Hitlers, and we will all suffer and die. This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.

The Dems? Independents? Are they going to be scratching at the door to vote, as if their lives depended on it? Will some tax dodge conviction motivate them to vote in the mid terms more than they have historically? I sure could be wrong (again), but I don't see it.

I'm doubtful, like you.

But remember, in 2018 there was a Blue Wave midterm.... So there is a slight chance...

I don't buy it.

You are absolutely right: It is all about turnout.

Will Dems be motivated to turnout in 2022? Historically for mid-terms and the party in power, I would say no; however, these may be unusual times and if Trump is the issue, all bets are off.
Yeah. 35+ million more people voted in 2020. Now it's up to the party to keep the momentum going.

Dominion machine =/= 35+ million more people voted in 2020

Wait, you believe telling people "You ain't black!" caused record minority turnout eclipsing Born in Kenya Barack?

We can come back to this next year. I say the election will revolve around the economy. If prices continue to climb the (D)'s can forget about any majorities.

Granted the GOP will likely go with the loons keeping it all close.

I don’t think 2022 will have any crisis one way or the other
No wars, no economic collapse, no pandemic

Dems will run on FEAR OF TRUMP
Republicans will claim Dems are Commies

If prices continue to rise the GOP will have a great platform to run on as long as they don't run candidates that want to run on "Dems are Commies".

If prices continue to rise, they won't have to but it seems some just can't stop themselves.

I don’t think inflation alone will do it.
The stock market is at record highs, GDP is rising, millions of new jobs……..more importantly, we are returning to normal after a year of COVID

All with millions not benefitting from any of that.
People are returning to work and their lives are returning to normal.
It will be difficult to stir up voter rage

You can bet $4.00 gas and increased food prices will indeed do that.

Let's note that they are returning to work without the promise of an increase in the minimum wage.
Well, let’s see where gas prices go. Right now they are at $3.00. But we went years with gas in the $3.00 - $4.00 range, there will not be shock like we had before.

Any outrage over minimum wage will be directed at Republicans

I see 2022 as a very boring midterm

Why Republicans? Everyone says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage. Maybe not to $15 but it's up to Nancy to get that ball rolling.

So you get $12 and then argue that if you want it higher you have to give the Dems more seats. Otherwise it's just another empty promise. Despite having majorities in the House and Senate under Obama and now Biden the (D)'s haven't raised the minimum wage even once.

Nancy is more interested in her useless Jan 6 commission. Raise the minimum wage and maybe I'll consider a (D). Otherwise it's back to third party.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout.

Dems will make 2022 and 2024 about TRUMP
It worked in 2018 and 2020

Republicans are doing nothing to convince voters they are not THE PARTY OF TRUMP
Yeah, I think the GQP vote totals are pretty much set in stone. Extremely high turnout, not much growth, maybe a little contraction.

I guess the question now is whether this ugly period really did wake up a sleeping giant on the Left.

I think you are ignoring one very big factor.

The republicans have been purging their party of sane and intelligent people.

People, especially in the suburbs, women and Independents, have been running from the republicans in horror since 2018. They also have not expanded their party by adding new people.

Millions of republican voters are now Independents and aren't going to run out to vote for republicans like they used to.

One very important factor is the voting suppression reform many red states have passed into law. It will be harder to vote for almost everyone. Republicans used to have a very high number of mail in voters, they don't anymore and it will decrease even more because of the new mail in voting laws in red states. It won't be as easy for those in rural areas to vote either.

History shows that the party in the White House loses seats in congress in non presidential voting years so that will be a factor.

I don't think anyone can predict what will happen in the election next year.

Anyone who thinks they can is only fooling themselves.

I could be wrong but it's never a good idea to count chickens before they hatch.

We can come back to this next year. I say the election will revolve around the economy. If prices continue to climb the (D)'s can forget about any majorities.

If prices continue to rise the GOP will have a great platform to run on as long as they don't run candidates that want to run on "Dems are Commies".

If prices continue to rise, they won't have to but it seems some just can't stop themselves.

The stock market is at record highs, GDP is rising, millions of new jobs……..more importantly, we are returning to normal after a year of COVID

Let's note that they are returning to work without the promise of an increase in the minimum wage.
Well, let’s see where gas prices go. Right now they are at $3.00. But we went years with gas in the $3.00 - $4.00 range, there will not be shock like we had before.

Why Republicans? Everyone says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage. Maybe not to $15 but it's up to Nancy to get that ball rolling.

So you get $12 and then argue that if you want it higher you have to give the Dems more seats. Otherwise it's just another empty promise. Despite having majorities in the House and Senate under Obama and now Biden the (D)'s haven't raised the minimum wage even once.

Nancy is more interested in her useless Jan 6 commission. Raise the minimum wage and maybe I'll consider a (D). Otherwise it's back to third party.
Nancy raised the federal minimum wage the last time it was raised, when she took power under Bush, I see no reason why she won't accomplish that, once again...now!

Nancy raised the federal minimum wage the last time it was raised, when she took power under Bush, I see no reason why she won't accomplish that, once again...now!

Which is what we are discussing. What will influence the 2022 election. If they get it done great. If not it's going to be a drag on them.

I don't buy it.

Your daily Trump thread. :thup: He'll always be the President for you Mac & Cheese.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout.

Republicans are doing nothing to convince voters they are not THE PARTY OF TRUMP
Yeah, I think the GQP vote totals are pretty much set in stone. Extremely high turnout, not much growth, maybe a little contraction.

I guess the question now is whether this ugly period really did wake up a sleeping giant on the Left.

People, especially in the suburbs, women and Independents, have been running from the republicans in horror since 2018. They also have not expanded their party by adding new people.

Millions of republican voters are now Independents and aren't going to run out to vote for republicans like they used to.

One very important factor is the voting suppression reform many red states have passed into law. It will be harder to vote for almost everyone. Republicans used to have a very high number of mail in voters, they don't anymore and it will decrease even more because of the new mail in voting laws in red states. It won't be as easy for those in rural areas to vote either.

History shows that the party in the White House loses seats in congress in non presidential voting years so that will be a factor.

I could be wrong but it's never a good idea to count chickens before they hatch.
-2020 census redistricting/ GOP Gerrymandering alone, is suppose to give the Republicans 30 plus seats in the house IN 2022.

-NEW voting restrictions that will affect dems more than repubs.

Those two things alone, are a mountain the size of Everest, to get over!

I still have hope, though.

I don't buy it.

I think we both know the answer....the turnout of the Democrats in most areas will be pathetic. The GOP voters simply take this more seriously than the DNC voters. If you put the polling place in many democrat's back yard, they'd complain about having to open the back door to get to the polling place.
After Trump, I don't think that is the case anymore.
Do you think the Left is now more permanently engaged than it was before 2020?
I do, when folks turned out in record numbers in Georgia for a run off that was huge.
And Buffalo elects a hardcore Communist Kunt in India Walton over Byron Brown this year.

-2020 census redistricting/ GOP Gerrymandering alone, is suppose to give the Republicans 30 plus seats in the house IN 2022.

Thank God. Democunts need to be eliminated.

Why?

Because Republicans have blocked minimum wage increases for 11 years

:cuckoo:

This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.
How odd

Thats exactly how it is for you too

You are wound just as tight as the trump supporters you are attacking every day, all day, morning noon and night
But it isn't.

So you're just making things up. Again.

:cuckoo:
Describing yourself again, Communist? There's mental health facilities and churches that can address that. The ONLY cure for Liberalism is Conservatism.

I don't buy it.

You are absolutely right: It is all about turnout.

Will Dems be motivated to turnout in 2022? Historically for mid-terms and the party in power, I would say no; however, these may be unusual times and if Trump is the issue, all bets are off.
Yeah. 35+ million more people voted in 2020. Now it's up to the party to keep the momentum going.

Dominion machine =/= 35+ million more people voted in 2020

Wait, you believe telling people "You ain't black!" caused record minority turnout eclipsing Born in Kenya Barack?
:confused-84:

Midterm elections are not friendly to the president's political party. Modern midterm elections have resulted in an average loss of 30 seats in the House of Representatives and Senateby the political party whose president occupies the White House.

In the 21 midterm elections held since 1934, only twice has the president's party gained seats in both the Senate and the House: Franklin Delano Roosevelt's first midterm election and George W. Bush's first midterm election.

On four other occasions, the president's party gained Senate seats and once it was a draw. On one occasion, the president's party gained House seats. The worst midterm losses tend to occur in a president's first term.

Food for thought…
Then tell us how the far Left managed to retain all of Congress for FORTY FUCKING YEARS before the GOP rightly kicked their asses in 1994?

I'm not assuming anything. But I do know that the Trumpster turnout will be sky high.

As for the pro-Dem/anti-Trump turnout, I surely don't know.

Forum List

Back