Trump's motivations: Some of these pundits are missing it

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Much of the punditry (links below) is saying that Trump is trying to (a) undermine democracy and/or (b) de-legitimize Biden's win with these bizarre lawsuits and embarrassing, hair dye-dripping press conferences.

I disagree with that. I think they're giving him too much credit. This, to me, is nothing more than a profoundly damaged man-child whose daddy issues are driving him to a humiliating desperation, with no concern about the collateral damage he's causing.

If the argument is that the effect of what he is doing damages democracy and our electoral process, I do agree with that. But his intent is simply based on his own blatant emotional issues.

Last edited:
Much of the punditry (links below) is saying that Trump is trying to (a) undermine democracy and/or (b) de-legitimize Biden's win with these bizarre lawsuits and embarrassing, hair dye-dripping press conferences.

I disagree with that. I think they're giving him too much credit. This, to me, is nothing more than a profoundly damaged man-child whose daddy issues are driving him to a humiliating desperation, with no concern about the collateral damage he's causing.

If the argument is that the effect of what he is doing damages democracy and our electoral process, I do agree with that. But his intent is simply based on his own blatant emotional issues.

If Biden follows through with more taxes, continuing lockdowns, a return to greater regulatory mandates, upending cheap energy and hampering the production of gas and oil by means of fracking, Trump will not be responsible for the damage to our economy.

It's about policy not people.

1606061803112.png

Exposing irregularities and improprieties in the election process is a service to the citizen.

*****SMILE*****

:)

If Biden follows through with more taxes, continuing lockdowns, a return to greater regulatory mandates, upending cheap energy and hampering the production of gas and oil by means of fracking, Trump will not be responsible for the damage to our economy.

This post makes no sense.

Only Congress has the authority to raise taxes, not a president; the same is true of regulatory measures.

As for cheap energy, Biden is on the record opposing banning fracking.

And the economy has already been damaged the consequence of Trump mishandling of the pandemic.

Obviously it’s about blind partisanism, not facts or the truth.

Exposing irregularities and improprieties in the election process is a service to the citizen.
Yes, agreed.

Unfortunately, when it's carried out in clown show style like this, when the cases are so weak that they're tossed out by court after court, all that is accomplished is that people are more likely to doubt the people complaining about the system, instead of the system itself.

A profoundly damaged President who is also The Boy Who Cried Wolf is destructive to democracy, not helpful.

What was Al Gore’s motivation for waiting 37 days to concede?

Your evidence for any of your claims? The usual: nothing. You're blowing hot gas out your ass, as always.

Consider that when referring to ‘Trump,’ pundits are not necessarily referring to Trump the individual; rather, they’re referring to Trump’s enablers and sycophants – the partisan henchmen whose goal it is to undermine our democracy and de-legitimize Biden's win.

Yes, Trump isn’t smart enough to come up with these bizarre lawsuits and insane conspiracy theories, but he signs-off on them the consequence of his being a reckless, irresponsible man-child.

What was Al Gore’s motivation for waiting 37 days to concede?
Different circumstances. Do you think they're the same? Wow, pathetic.

Your evidence for any of your claims? The usual: nothing. You're blowing hot gas out your ass, as always.
:itsok:

Consider that when referring to ‘Trump,’ pundits are not necessarily referring to Trump the individual; rather, they’re referring to Trump’s enablers and sycophants – the partisan henchmen whose goal it is to undermine our democracy and de-legitimize Biden's win.

Yes, Trump isn’t smart enough to come up with these bizarre lawsuits and insane conspiracy theories, but he signs-off on them the consequence of his being a reckless, irresponsible man-child.
There's nothing "bizarre" about the fact that Democrats are all crooks. Opposing them in court is completely rational and responsible

Trump’s motivation is to count all the legal votes and not count the illegal votes, you liberal lunatics.

You assholes didnt whine about Al Gore in 2000, so shut the fuck up.
Just how stupid do you have to be to compare this to the 2000 election?
A clumsy attempt at deflection, to change the subject, to put me on the defensive.

Fail, fail, fail. :cool:

Has anyone ever accused you of lunatic ravings? If not they now have.

Has anyone ever accused you of lunatic ravings? If not they now have.
Yes, Trumpsters, and when I consider the source, I appreciate the input!

Good point but I don't see much of that happening here. From Trump's lawyers court testimonies their conduct hasn't amounted to much more than throwing allegations against the wall in hopes of getting something to stick. The one I take seriously is the counting of votes arriving after the polls closed in Pennsylvania. The total votes in question won't make any difference but hopefully it is pursued. Before the 2022 midterms I'd like to see the Supreme Court rule the state's Supreme Court justice exceeded his authority so that any such nonsense is knocked off before another election.

Good point but I don't see much of that happening here. From Trump's lawyers court testimonies their conduct hasn't amounted to much more than throwing allegations against the wall in hopes of getting something to stick. The one I take seriously is the counting of votes arriving after the polls closed in Pennsylvania. The total votes in question won't make any difference but hopefully it is pursued. Before the 2022 midterms I'd like to see the Supreme Court rule the state's Supreme Court justice exceeded his authority so that any such nonsense is knocked off before another election.
We absolutely need to keep a close eye on all aspects of the process. We also need to make sure that challenges are appropriate, legitimate and thoughtful. If not, they undermine all future challenges. As we're seeing.

Trump’s motivation is to count all the legal votes and not count the illegal votes, you liberal lunatics.

You assholes didnt whine about Al Gore in 2000, so shut the fuck up.
Just how stupid do you have to be to compare this to the 2000 election?

How stupid do you have to be to say Trump must concede before the votes are certified?

You apparently don't know who imposes lockdowns. Doesn't much matter though because until this virus is controlled and all follow guidelines the economy will keep crawling along.

Forum List

Back