Trumps "never give up speech" vs Sir Winston Churchills "never give up" speech

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
There are many leaders Trump could be compared to that that are worse than Churchill. In my opinion, Sir Winston Churchill was the greatest leader of the last 100 years. Not only facing the most technologically advantaged and ruthless nation of it's time, but also facing these threats while dealing with personal depression and many in his own government who doubted him and questioned him (some cowards even wanting to make peace with Germany to save their own hides)!

I had noticed similarities between their messages, and I thought it prudent that I share these similarities to those who might not be aware of the great orator that Churchill was. Now I would not compare any politician of today with that of Churchill, to me he was in a class of his own, I am simply illustrating some commonality between how the two men think. Trump facing a vast challenge with North Korea and a daunting task to return America to it's Greatness once again. I believe he is up for the challenge (returning Churchill bust to the oval office was a great start!).

Get NAFTA negotiated honestly and deal with the abuses of trade and job theft and you will get all of the citizens of America behind you.

Get 'er done Trump! God Bless America!

Churchill's Real "Never Give Up" Speech

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Trump: 'Never, Ever Give up'

"Never, ever give up," never quit, even if you apparently lack the talent or ability of the "most successful people," never stop fighting.

“If I give you one message to hold in your hearts today, it's this," said the president, "never, ever give up."

Both great men. The only difference between then and now is that WW2 England was struggling to survive Nazi Germany's attack.

Trump could just give the go-ahead and North Korea would be no more.

Both great men. The only difference between then and now is that WW2 England was struggling to survive Nazi Germany's attack.

Though America, as in the case of England; would still lose many great men. Of course, America is the better military position and in both cases these Western leaders would be in the right.

Never give up!

Though America, as in the case of England; would still lose many great men. Of course, America is the better military position and in both cases these Western leaders would be in the right.

Never give up!
Trump does seem to have the same "never give up" quality Churchill had, don't he?

Never give up!
Trump does seem to have the same "never give up" quality Churchill had, don't he?
Like Gallipoli....But he gave up...So no not there...

There are many leaders Trump could be compared to that that are worse than Churchill. In my opinion, Sir Winston Churchill was the greatest leader of the last 100 years. Not only facing the most technologically advantaged and ruthless nation of it's time, but also facing these threats while dealing with personal depression and many in his own government who doubted him and questioned him (some cowards even wanting to make peace with Germany to save their own hides)!

I had noticed similarities between their messages, and I thought it prudent that I share these similarities to those who might not be aware of the great orator that Churchill was. Now I would not compare any politician of today with that of Churchill, to me he was in a class of his own, I am simply illustrating some commonality between how the two men think. Trump facing a vast challenge with North Korea and a daunting task to return America to it's Greatness once again. I believe he is up for the challenge (returning Churchill bust to the oval office was a great start!).

Get NAFTA negotiated honestly and deal with the abuses of trade and job theft and you will get all of the citizens of America behind you.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense."

"Never, ever give up," never quit, even if you apparently lack the talent or ability of the "most successful people," never stop fighting.

“If I give you one message to hold in your hearts today, it's this," said the president, "never, ever give up."
Never give up?

Why can't he pass Trumpcare?

Never give up!
Like Gallipoli....But he gave up...So no not there...

The woman who lost the election left four Americans hanging out to die in Benghazi. I don't see Trump as the kind of man who would allow shit like to happen.

Never give up?

Why can't he pass Trumpcare?

Piss-poor leadership in the GOP. Trump is still looking for a way to repeal Obamacare.

The ungrateful Brit bastards fired Sir Winston after the war. Is that what the crazy left has in mind for President Trump?

The ungrateful Brit bastards fired Sir Winston after the war. Is that what the crazy left has in mind for President Trump?

That, and surrendering to Lil Kim Chee. Maybe give the NORKs another two nuclear reactors and another $5 billion dollars.

• “History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.”

God Bless Churchill!

Some great quotes. They are witty but pale in comparison to his speeches and delivery of said speeches when his countrymen were glued to the radio waiting for any calming word as the bombs rained down on London.

20 Inspiring Quotes from Winston Churchill

Forum List

Back