Trump's new executive order gives him more power over activist judges

28BCE680-B16F-4365-8D17-54EC0FE6E8A2.gif
DB67E16B-9D0E-4963-80FB-891B08C4C480.gif
Republicans are a party of traitors.

Wow...................if Obama had signed an EO like this, you conservatives would be screaming your heads off saying that Obama is seeking too much power and is gonna be a dictator.

That is what you conservatives would have said if Obama did it, but somehow, Trump always seems to get a pass.

The power to breathe was too much for obama to have

Obama's bowel movements have more value and intelligence than Donald J. Trump.

FACT.
That’s the problem shit eater.

Wow...................if Obama had signed an EO like this, you conservatives would be screaming your heads off saying that Obama is seeking too much power and is gonna be a dictator.

That is what you conservatives would have said if Obama did it, but somehow, Trump always seems to get a pass.
doing their jobs is suppose to be done w/o fear of being fired for NOT doing what you want. activist judges can be a pain sure. but no moreso than conservative judges to liberals. it's the entire checks and balances in action.

not a fan of this at all.

Piece by piece, step by step, the dimocrap scum totalitarian establishment is crumbling.

Thank you Mr President.

Trump-1.jpg
Wait, tRump takes power from the judicial branch by EO but the Democrats are the totalitarians?

Wtf?
Supreme Court says he can....Read the whole thing.
Don't forget that this will still apply when a Democrat is in office.
Restrictions on activist judges is even more important when dems are in charge. Win, Win.

Trump is kicking the bureaucracies ass and going back to the Constitution.
Whats the beef?
Lucia vs SEC Read it.

What is it exactly you object to? Be specific
for me - this:

Because of Trump’s executive order, agency heads can now hire and fire ALJ. They will now have to actually do their jobs and will no longer have their incompetence protected by the powerful federal bureaucracy. Accountability and standards are coming back to Washington D.C. thanks to the Trump administration.
---------
define "doing their job" in a neutral fashion. we're not all going to agree. i think that's one thing most of us can agree on. so if trump could start firing judges now, that can skew things hard in a direction *not* conducive to working together.

i also don't like any "news" article that pumps up sunshine to a particular party like this one is praising trump.

i'll have to dig more into this but separation of powers is there for a reason and being convenient was not on that list.

Piece by piece, step by step, the dimocrap scum totalitarian establishment is crumbling.

Thank you Mr President.

Trump-1.jpg
Wait, tRump takes power from the judicial branch by EO but the Democrats are the totalitarians?

Wtf?
Supreme Court says he can....Read the whole thing.
Don't forget that this will still apply when a Democrat is in office.
Restrictions on activist judges is even more important when dems are in charge. Win, Win.
define "activist" judge? not really familiar how this is done except to say they're left leaning. at what level of judges are we also talking about? no time to read up on this right now i'll have to dig this eve.

His EO that was made and signed by Trump, gives Trump more power.
Again, what is the problem with it? That he can fire employees?

Yay, now each administration can try to load the courts with partisan hacks. That'll definitely be great for America.

I look forward to conservatives foaming at the mouth when a liberal presidents uses this in the future.
certainly a move that will backfire and come back to haunt them - or at least has huge potential to. not a fan of doing anything that will mess with separation of powers. i need to understand this better but so far - don't like it.

His EO that was made and signed by Trump, gives Trump more power.
Again, what is the problem with it? That he can fire employees?
judges are exempt from such actions just so one person can't stack the courts with like minded judges. for all those liking it now - will they like it when a D comes back in and start firing all of trumps judges?

that day *will* come.

Yay, now each administration can try to load the courts with partisan hacks. That'll definitely be great for America.

I look forward to conservatives foaming at the mouth when a liberal presidents uses this in the future.
certainly a move that will backfire and come back to haunt them - or at least has huge potential to. not a fan of doing anything that will mess with separation of powers. i need to understand this better but so far - don't like it.
This goes along with lucia vs SEC and the appointments clause of the constitution.
I mean, are bureaucrats part of the "separation of powers?"

Trump’s executive order will allow more leeway for agency leaders to find potential appointees without being held back by competitive examination and competitive service selection procedures.

Because of course- can't have actual standards to go by.....that would interfere with the appointment of political appointees- Trump is setting up his own Tammany Hall system here.

ALJ judges rulings have to be approved by the SEC anyways.
You guys need to read the Constitution and what ALJs actually are.
HITLER! :lol:

This goes along with lucia vs SEC and the appointments clause of the constitution.
a lot more to understand here but at first glance i don't like it. we tell the liberals they set stupid precedents and here trump goes off and does one. if *he* can fire a judge then the next president can - that's how this works and the (R)s can't bitch WHEN that happens.

but they will. this is somehow *different*.

i also don't trust this article because it's written to slanted to be PRO TRUMP so they're going to put things in a way that makes it sound good, not honest.

They are not in the judiciary. They have no say over life liberty or property. They are executive branch. Of course trump has power over them

a lot more to understand here but at first glance i don't like it. we tell the liberals they set stupid precedents and here trump goes off and does one. if *he* can fire a judge then the next president can - that's how this works and the (R)s can't bitch WHEN that happens.

They arent even judges in the sense you are thinking about.

i also don't trust this article because it's written to slanted to be PRO TRUMP so they're going to put things in a way that makes it sound good, not honest.
How can members of the executive branch not be under trump? You think they are unaccountable?

Forum List

Back