Trump's new executive order gives him more power over activist judges

Did anyone read the article?

Department heads can fire administrative law judges if they fail to perform. These administrative law judges are not part of the judiciary.

Wow...................if Obama had signed an EO like this, you conservatives would be screaming your heads off saying that Obama is seeking too much power and is gonna be a dictator.

That is what you conservatives would have said if Obama did it, but somehow, Trump always seems to get a pass.
What is it exactly you object to? Be specific

His EO that was made and signed by Trump, gives Trump more power.
Again, what is the problem with it? That he can fire employees?
judges are exempt from such actions just so one person can't stack the courts with like minded judges. for all those liking it now - will they like it when a D comes back in and start firing all of trumps judges?

that day *will* come.
You really think that an administrative law judge is part of the judicial system?

Wow...................if Obama had signed an EO like this, you conservatives would be screaming your heads off saying that Obama is seeking too much power and is gonna be a dictator.

That is what you conservatives would have said if Obama did it, but somehow, Trump always seems to get a pass.

Sailor I haven't really seen a conservative on this board.

judges are exempt from such actions just so one person can't stack the courts with like minded judges. for all those liking it now - will they like it when a D comes back in and start firing all of trumps judges?

that day *will* come.
You really think that an administrative law judge is part of the judicial system?
all i read was "judge" - no. i've gone and read more into it now. kinda getting rid of the system within a system that should never have been in the system to begin with.

if you follow the constitution.

Because Obama was a shit stained hemorrhoid, Trump is the man, getting it ,bitch slapping America hating Demorats everyday.
wweslap-154a5a2.gif

Sailor I haven't really seen a conservative on this board.

Wow, a leftist doesn't acknowledge who's a conservative.

Filed under who gives a shit ...

{flush}

that day *will* come.
all i read was "judge" - no. i've gone and read more into it now. kinda getting rid of the system within a system that should never have been in the system to begin with.

Yes, that's the problem. All you read was "judge."

I had the same initial reaction. That's when we parted. Then I thought wow, that doesn't sound right. Then I googled it and found out what it actually was ...

that day *will* come.

I had the same initial reaction. That's when we parted. Then I thought wow, that doesn't sound right. Then I googled it and found out what it actually was ...
which again is why i said let me go read more - i didn't have time to look into it at work.

we good.

that day *will* come.

which again is why i said let me go read more - i didn't have time to look into it at work.

we good.

Yes

that day *will* come.

Actually that's what the discussion in the thread is all about. We read the article and the judges in question aren't in the judicial branch

Piece by piece, step by step, the dimocrap scum totalitarian establishment is crumbling.

Thank you Mr President.

Trump-1.jpg
Wait, tRump takes power from the judicial branch by EO but the Democrats are the totalitarians?

Wtf?
Supreme Court says he can....Read the whole thing.
Don't forget that this will still apply when a Democrat is in office.

Not necessarily so, a Democrat president probably rescind it just out of spite.

Wait, tRump takes power from the judicial branch by EO but the Democrats are the totalitarians?

Wtf?

The EO doesn't take any power away from the Judicial Branch, read the EO it doesn't have anything to do with the Judicial Branch, all he's doing is modifying the selection process for ALJ's in the EXECUTIVE BRANCH by changing the OPM rules for how the agencies of the executive can select ALJ's.

Instead of automatically forcing ALJ selection into a convoluted and bureaucratic selection process the heads of the agencies of the executive will now have some discretion in selecting ALJ's.

He's not granting himself any authority, he's using authority that according to SCOTUS he already had to streamline OPM operations.

Forum List

Back