Trump's One-On-One With Comey

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
Before yesterday's exposure of Comey's narcissistic/neurotic personality, a bone of contention was why Trump cleared the room to have a private conversation with the fool. Among the conspiracy theories floated was that Trump wanted no witnesses to the conversation, or that he wanted to make Comey beg for his job. Another even claimed Trump was trying to frighten the fragile-minded dork by going New Yawk Tony Soprano on him. I think it was much simpler than that.
117537-98aabc77dde0769fc46fef528a3c535e.jpg

Trump is first and foremost, a salesman. And as any crackerjack salesman can tell you, the last thing you want your customer to feel is OUTNUMBERED. There is nothing more unsettling to a prospective client than another set of eyes on him during his decision-making moment. I won't allow a new salesman I'm training to speak or even make eye-contact with my customer while I'm training him. I make sure the newbie is beside me, looking at and listening to ME, so the prospective customer can see us both at the same time. Those with no sales training won't understand this, but then most people have no idea why they buy from certain salespeople and don't from others.

eeb1654664c94ff485838fe8b53bd7cc_18.jpg

My contention is that Trump was trying to put Comey at ease while relaying his desire to get Flynn off the hook. He'd already been humiliated and then fired, so what's the point in sending him in front of a jury who'd never convict the distinguished ex-General of anything in the first place? And although Trump's simple gesture to put Comey at ease backfired given Comey's mental-state, there was nothing more to it. Another conspiracy FAIL.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Comey considered himself clever....Trump was far more clever

I don't think Comey was ever a field agent or carried a weapon....he's a policy wonk and a lawyer. Trump has dealt with every kind of mobster there is in the building trades. Comey was right to be wary of the Queens brawler but it sounds like he panicked when there was nobody around to save him from the Beast.
lol.gif

Forum List

Back