Trump's Stock Market is Cratering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually we do need about a 10% correction soon or bank interest rates could hit 6% by June. The Fed expects 5.4% GDP this quarter. I got laughed at on this board for predicting 5+% for the first qtr of 2019 only a few months ago. That rate of delta growth is also a prediction of more than $1T budget surplus this year. Treasuries could go negative interest rates. The Westpac model Trump is using is quite robust and Blue Wall defaults are coming because those states are not participating in GDP boom.

I agree, I’m thinking we are on the verge of some serious inflation, which will hamper the economy.

DVDE0IeVAAA6c-z.jpg

Trump bragged about the stock market doing well, can he now take the blame for the worst week in 2 years?

No more than any other politician. Got a point to make?
I did.

It was so pointless, I guess we all missed it. Thanks for absolutely nothing.
Nope. Some appreciated it....it depends how you see things.

Glad you saw it. It is so funny but hey, you have no clue, so it works.

In a market that is up 40% in the last year it’s probably time for a little profit taking. Let’s see what happens Monday. Usually when news from the government breaks it usually is released at 5pm on friday. Trump doesn’t play that game, he releases it as soon as possible. Monday will be a buying opportunity.

DOW Jones down 640 points.Please stop, that is too much winning.

I was on a site that keeps current DOW Jones levels and just by refreshing the webpage you could actually see the stock market fall off of a cliff like an old man being murdered for the inheritance.

That's enough winning for today. Lying Trump and his walking dead can take the night off.

I was on a site that keeps current DOW Jones levels and just by refreshing the webpage you could actually see the stock market fall off of a cliff like an old man being murdered for the inheritance.

That's enough winning for today. Lying Trump and his walking dead can take the night off.
Shit, under 26000. I need to seriously discuss with my wife whether we need more money during the next year for the kid's education. I was hoping to put that off.

Nice to see your gloating over people losing money. You are a special type of fucktard.

$100k jobs are going begging in the construction and oil industries right now due to the wrong skill sets. At least one plant started construction within a week of the tax bill on an overcrowded street that provides a lot of employment to cops on Sunday due to mega-churches and fast ticket quota filling the rest of the week. We are in danger of rapid over heating in the economy.

So it's a "Trump" economy now. What will it be next week?

Another roach that is scurrying away from Lying Trump as quick as possible. You get credit among your peers, you haven't blamed it on Bill Clinton yet. Or Jimmy Carter.

Trump bragged about the stock market doing well, can he now take the blame for the worst week in 2 years?

I did.

No clue about what exactly?

I did.

No clue about what exactly?

You got it.

I'm surprised this silly thread is still going, but perhaps people are taking turns mocking the OP for its ignorance. Google "dow jones" and select the 5-year view. Notice how the market took off shortly after Trump was elected.

So your position is obviously that if the market goes up, Trump gets the credit.

If the market goes down, it's someone else's fault.

very funny

Overall unemployment is down to a 17 year low. Sorry for the bad news skippy.

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 227,000 in January 2017, and the unemployment rate was little changed at 4.8 percent, the U.S. Bureau of LaborStatistics reported today. Job gains occurred in retail trade, construction, and financial activities. Feb 3, 2017

Trump must be the Wizard of Washington in your mind, before the ink was dry on his inauguration papers he was solely responsible for turning around our economy (of course those of us who peek behind the curtain, know the real Donald Trump).

Why credit has not been bestowed on President Obama for his part in digging our economy out of the hole he inherited, and Trump get accolades for it is no mystery.

I don’t credit Trump for it. I don’t blame Trump for it. I didn’t blame Clinton for the recession right after left office. I didn’t blame Obama for the slow economy. The economy has its own path and we just ride it out.

Why is kiss my so intent on wanting bad news. This is the lowest unemployment in several years and our wages are going up. This is a time to be happy but you losers seem to want doom and gloom. By the way, Obama was still taking credit for the stock market in December of 2017, yet you morons don’t say a thing about it. Lol!

If they weren't thick as a brick they wouldn't be Ds in the first place.

Time will tell if Trump&dCo., Ryan and McConnell are effective in keeping the economy off the rocks. The attack on the PPACA , The Tax Bill and the new Chair of the FED need to be watched for what they do, not what they say.

Cutting taxes when the national debt was the major concern of the R's, until they passed the tax bill, should make everyone wonder. Clearly it is a new iteration of trickle down / Voodoo economics, a fake theory which has in the past not done what it was promised to do.

So when did not spending become such an issue for Democrats? Hell, they spent every chance they got for eight years and were upset that Republicans wouldn’t spend more, now you are all conservative. Bizarre!

We need to cut spending deeply and need to raise taxes to pay the debt down. Again, you right and left loons aren’t smart enough to do what is right, just what is easy.

Then you bring up promises? Lol! You nut jobs are so moronic.

Nice try, sadly your spin is all partisan and sans facts. I don't speak for all Democrats, but I am one, and believe the problem of tax and spend comes down to priorities.

[The Tax Bill passed by the R's in the third attempt at Voodoo / Trickle Down Economic theory which failed both previous times]

Premise: The economy of the United States is consumer driven.

If the premise is sound, the conclusion is that the more money in the hands of more people will stimulate the economy. Thus, the tax savings in the Tax Bill ought to have been 66 & 2/3% to 90% of our population, and 33 & 1/3% to 10% of the population, and the same 66 & 2/3% to small business, and 33 & 1/3 % to global corporations.

In that way global corporations can move to where they please, and small businesses can take over the markets global corporations move. All that requires is that when a corporations leaves our nation, every product they produced is charged a tariff necessary and sufficient for small business to become big business.

Another roach that is scurrying away from Lying Trump as quick as possible. You get credit among your peers, you haven't blamed it on Bill Clinton yet. Or Jimmy Carter.
So please tell us if it is Obama's economy or Trump's. We all know that it was Reagan's economy 20 years after he left office when the recession hit, but whose is it now?

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 227,000 in January 2017, and the unemployment rate was little changed at 4.8 percent, the U.S. Bureau of LaborStatistics reported today. Job gains occurred in retail trade, construction, and financial activities. Feb 3, 2017

Trump must be the Wizard of Washington in your mind, before the ink was dry on his inauguration papers he was solely responsible for turning around our economy (of course those of us who peek behind the curtain, know the real Donald Trump).

Why credit has not been bestowed on President Obama for his part in digging our economy out of the hole he inherited, and Trump get accolades for it is no mystery.

I don’t credit Trump for it. I don’t blame Trump for it. I didn’t blame Clinton for the recession right after left office. I didn’t blame Obama for the slow economy. The economy has its own path and we just ride it out.

Why is kiss my so intent on wanting bad news. This is the lowest unemployment in several years and our wages are going up. This is a time to be happy but you losers seem to want doom and gloom. By the way, Obama was still taking credit for the stock market in December of 2017, yet you morons don’t say a thing about it. Lol!

If they weren't thick as a brick they wouldn't be Ds in the first place.

Time will tell if Trump&dCo., Ryan and McConnell are effective in keeping the economy off the rocks. The attack on the PPACA , The Tax Bill and the new Chair of the FED need to be watched for what they do, not what they say.

Cutting taxes when the national debt was the major concern of the R's, until they passed the tax bill, should make everyone wonder. Clearly it is a new iteration of trickle down / Voodoo economics, a fake theory which has in the past not done what it was promised to do.

So when did not spending become such an issue for Democrats? Hell, they spent every chance they got for eight years and were upset that Republicans wouldn’t spend more, now you are all conservative. Bizarre!

We need to cut spending deeply and need to raise taxes to pay the debt down. Again, you right and left loons aren’t smart enough to do what is right, just what is easy.

Then you bring up promises? Lol! You nut jobs are so moronic.

Nice try, sadly your spin is all partisan and sans facts. I don't speak for all Democrats, but I am one, and believe the problem of tax and spend comes down to priorities.

[The Tax Bill passed by the R's in the third attempt at Voodoo / Trickle Down Economic theory which failed both previous times]

Premise: The economy of the United States is consumer driven.

If the premise is sound, the conclusion is that the more money in the hands of more people will stimulate the economy. Thus, the tax savings in the Tax Bill ought to have been 66 & 2/3% to 90% of our population, and 33 & 1/3% to 10% of the population, and the same 66 & 2/3% to small business, and 33 & 1/3 % to global corporations.

In that way global corporations can move to where they please, and small businesses can take over the markets global corporations move. All that requires is that when a corporations leaves our nation, every product they produced is charged a tariff necessary and sufficient for small business to become big business.

And I believe we need to raise taxes and cut spending, I am also for tariffs, that is why the solar tariffs don’t bother me.

I’m not sure what you mean by “sufficient for small business to become big business. “

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back