Trump's Stock Market is Cratering

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was so pointless, I guess we all missed it. Thanks for absolutely nothing.
Nope. Some appreciated it....it depends how you see things.

Glad you saw it. It is so funny but hey, you have no clue, so it works.
No clue about what exactly?

You got it.
I always did. Did you?

Always have and two steps ahead of you in that regard.

I don’t credit Trump for it. I don’t blame Trump for it. I didn’t blame Clinton for the recession right after left office. I didn’t blame Obama for the slow economy. The economy has its own path and we just ride it out.

Why is kiss my so intent on wanting bad news. This is the lowest unemployment in several years and our wages are going up. This is a time to be happy but you losers seem to want doom and gloom. By the way, Obama was still taking credit for the stock market in December of 2017, yet you morons don’t say a thing about it. Lol!

If they weren't thick as a brick they wouldn't be Ds in the first place.

Time will tell if Trump&dCo., Ryan and McConnell are effective in keeping the economy off the rocks. The attack on the PPACA , The Tax Bill and the new Chair of the FED need to be watched for what they do, not what they say.

Cutting taxes when the national debt was the major concern of the R's, until they passed the tax bill, should make everyone wonder. Clearly it is a new iteration of trickle down / Voodoo economics, a fake theory which has in the past not done what it was promised to do.

So when did not spending become such an issue for Democrats? Hell, they spent every chance they got for eight years and were upset that Republicans wouldn’t spend more, now you are all conservative. Bizarre!

We need to cut spending deeply and need to raise taxes to pay the debt down. Again, you right and left loons aren’t smart enough to do what is right, just what is easy.

Then you bring up promises? Lol! You nut jobs are so moronic.

Nice try, sadly your spin is all partisan and sans facts. I don't speak for all Democrats, but I am one, and believe the problem of tax and spend comes down to priorities.

[The Tax Bill passed by the R's in the third attempt at Voodoo / Trickle Down Economic theory which failed both previous times]

Premise: The economy of the United States is consumer driven.

If the premise is sound, the conclusion is that the more money in the hands of more people will stimulate the economy. Thus, the tax savings in the Tax Bill ought to have been 66 & 2/3% to 90% of our population, and 33 & 1/3% to 10% of the population, and the same 66 & 2/3% to small business, and 33 & 1/3 % to global corporations.

In that way global corporations can move to where they please, and small businesses can take over the markets global corporations move. All that requires is that when a corporations leaves our nation, every product they produced is charged a tariff necessary and sufficient for small business to become big business.

And I believe we need to raise taxes and cut spending, I am also for tariffs, that is why the solar tariffs don’t bother me.

I’m not sure what you mean by “sufficient for small business to become big business. “
I don’t credit Trump for it. I don’t blame Trump for it. I didn’t blame Clinton for the recession right after left office. I didn’t blame Obama for the slow economy. The economy has its own path and we just ride it out.

Why is kiss my so intent on wanting bad news. This is the lowest unemployment in several years and our wages are going up. This is a time to be happy but you losers seem to want doom and gloom. By the way, Obama was still taking credit for the stock market in December of 2017, yet you morons don’t say a thing about it. Lol!

If they weren't thick as a brick they wouldn't be Ds in the first place.

Time will tell if Trump&dCo., Ryan and McConnell are effective in keeping the economy off the rocks. The attack on the PPACA , The Tax Bill and the new Chair of the FED need to be watched for what they do, not what they say.

Cutting taxes when the national debt was the major concern of the R's, until they passed the tax bill, should make everyone wonder. Clearly it is a new iteration of trickle down / Voodoo economics, a fake theory which has in the past not done what it was promised to do.

So when did not spending become such an issue for Democrats? Hell, they spent every chance they got for eight years and were upset that Republicans wouldn’t spend more, now you are all conservative. Bizarre!

We need to cut spending deeply and need to raise taxes to pay the debt down. Again, you right and left loons aren’t smart enough to do what is right, just what is easy.

Then you bring up promises? Lol! You nut jobs are so moronic.

Nice try, sadly your spin is all partisan and sans facts. I don't speak for all Democrats, but I am one, and believe the problem of tax and spend comes down to priorities.

[The Tax Bill passed by the R's in the third attempt at Voodoo / Trickle Down Economic theory which failed both previous times]

Premise: The economy of the United States is consumer driven.

If the premise is sound, the conclusion is that the more money in the hands of more people will stimulate the economy. Thus, the tax savings in the Tax Bill ought to have been 66 & 2/3% to 90% of our population, and 33 & 1/3% to 10% of the population, and the same 66 & 2/3% to small business, and 33 & 1/3 % to global corporations.

In that way global corporations can move to where they please, and small businesses can take over the markets global corporations move. All that requires is that when a corporations leaves our nation, every product they produced is charged a tariff necessary and sufficient for small business to become big business.

And I believe we need to raise taxes and cut spending, I am also for tariffs, that is why the solar tariffs don’t bother me.

I’m not sure what you mean by “sufficient for small business to become big business. “

When it comes to raising taxes Trump has to confine himself to taxes on non-citizens so a flat rate tariff and a tax on remittances is about all that can be done without violating his campaign promises and making cuts when the economy is growing faster than expected is pretty much a non-starter particularly if we go into budget surplus as seems likely.

Who knew that Trump owned the stock market?? ..... :dunno:

Isn't it amazing how dolts like carbineer make idiots of themselves showing their ignorance of basic economics trying to make Trump look bad! The market is just self-correcting to the fact that earning income is up (people are making more) and this may trigger a change in federal interest rates sooner and more often as a result.

At this moment, down almost 600 points since Friday.

My question is, why is Trump doing this? Who is he trying to harm?

Strong job numbers, very strong economy. The market has almost been in an egregious expansion. Money is moving into plants, equipment, and labor. Probably continue Monday and maybe Tuesday next week.

I'm not buying but I'm holding all the stocks I have. Even with an expected drop, I light years ahead of when I bought just before the election.

Do you know why the market is down? It's because we had a positive job report, which led people to fear rising interest rates.

I think Trump is the only President in this nations history STUPID enough to strap himself to the Stock market. What goes up will come down, and when it roller coasters it can be a straight ride to hell.

There's only two emotions associated with the stock market--"fear & greed."

RAMclr-030816-trump-IBD-extra.jpg

This is the time when "irrational exuberance" comes into play, and money mangers will start looking at realistic P/E ratio's and if they feel the stocks are overpriced it's going to be sell, sell, sell. The Federal Reserve bank (which Trump is not in charge of) usually dictates which way the market is going to go, and it looks like they will be aggressively raising interest rates.

Last edited:

Do you know why the market is down? It's because we had a positive job report, which led people to fear rising interest rates.

Methinks you don't know why there has been a large sell off. It might be because of profit taking, or fear of interest rates rising, or fear that Trump will once too often wag the dog and lead us into a war by accident.

Methinks you don't know why there has been a large sell off. It might be because of profit taking, or fear of interest rates rising, or fear that Trump will once too often wag the dog and lead us into a war by accident.
If they were afraid of Trump leading us into war, the market would have fallen a few months ago when the rhetoric between Trump and KJU ramped up.

I think Trump is the only President in this nations history STUPID enough to strap himself to the Stock market. What goes up will come down, and when it roller coasters it can be a straight ride to hell.

There's only two emotions associated with the stock market--"fear & greed."

RAMclr-030816-trump-IBD-extra.jpg

This is the time when "irrational exuberance" comes into play, and money mangers will start looking at realistic P/E ratio's and if they feel the stocks are overpriced it's going to be sell, sell, sell. The Federal Reserve bank (which Trump is not in charge of) usually dictates which way the market is going to go, and it looks like they will be aggressively raising interest rates.

Is that why Obama was taking credit for the stock market in December of 2017? He seems to be stupid enough to tie himself to the stock market also. Get a grip cupcake.

If they were afraid of Trump leading us into war, the market would have fallen a few months ago when the rhetoric between Trump and KJU ramped up.

That is my thought, why now? These lefties are looking for the worst. Sad little morons.

That is my thought, why now? These lefties are looking for the worst. Sad little morons.

Why do you want others to believe what you think is a fact, since you have no idea what a leftist is, nor what they want?

It doesn't really matter how the Market is doing. After all, it was at a record high when the Great Depression hit.
/-----/ And the North Atlantic was cold when the Titanic sank. It's cold today. The market crashed for reasons that are not applicable today.
Stock prices began to decline in September and early October 1929, and on October 18 the fall began. Panic set in, and on October 24, Black Thursday, a record 12,894,650 shares were traded. Investment companies and leading bankers attempted to stabilize the market by buying up great blocks of stock, producing a moderate rally on Friday. On Monday, however, the storm broke anew, and the market went into free fall. Black Monday was followed by Black Tuesday (October 29), in which stock prices collapsed completely and 16,410,030 shares were traded on the New York Stock Exchange in a single day.
What's to stop the same thing from happening again?
/----/ I guess you down trade much if at all. You learn this in Investing 101:
The one big thing economist Robert Shiller says is preventing a 1929-like stock market crash
Unlike 1929, Shiller points out there's not much talk about people borrowing exorbitant amounts of money to buy stocks. Plus, he notes there's now more regulation.
quote) regulation on its way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back