Trump's Stock Market is Cratering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dow is down another 200 points today

Why has Trump stopped bragging about how good his stock market is?

but but but, I thought it was Obama's market when it was going up. You know, all the wonderful things obozo did finally coming home to roost. LOL, a couple down days are normal, the market if just fine. Today is actually an excellent time to be buying.

the desperation of you libs is funny as algore sitting on an ice flow with a blow torch trying to warm the arctic.

Trump won, Hillary lost, get the fuck over it.

Stock market down another 240 today already?

More of too much winning. Stop. That's enough winning now.

did you miss the previous 365 days? you fools amuse me with you desperate failed attempts to blame Trump for everything.

So you take the position (that seems popular here with your fellow RWnuts)

that Trump gets credit when the market goes up, but someone else gets the blame when the market goes down.

What if Friday's decline was a precursor to Trump's Black Monday,

as was the Friday decline ahead of Reagan's Black Monday?

ooh, very scary...

We shall see, but I doubt it. But if it all falls apart isn’t only the rich that get hurt, according to the left only the rich benefit when it goes up , so only the rich will be hurt if it goes down and since the left hates the rich, they should be excited that Trump had the market crash. What a win for Trump! You lefties would adore him.
The DJIA is down about 240 point midday Monday and the world is still turning. The correction in the market is too be expected. Whenever the economy is expanding as it has been for a number of years and it gets a big dose of stimulus such as a tax cut, you get a surge in prices following by a retreat as investors begin to worry about an overheated economy, inflation, and fed interest rate increases. This is normal and is nothing to be worried about. In fact, it's a good time for investors that are sitting on sidelines to start moving money into the market conservatively with dollar cost averaging.

That is one of the continuous should-bes but won'ts in the market. Other than staying out of the market in the Jewish high holy days then get back in after Yom Kippur I have yet to see any timing system that even makes good nonsense. There are numerous low or no cost fundamental resources but they are largely ignored. Playing the market to impress the neighbors seems to be the main motivation for getting in/out/whatever the market and that ain't going to change.

did you miss the previous 365 days? you fools amuse me with you desperate failed attempts to blame Trump for everything.

Down almost 400 points today.

This is the result of the news of increased government borrowing, the actual cost of the Trump tax cuts starting to be felt. The continued slowing of job creation. Higher interest rates by the Federal Reserve, and other policies pursued by the Trump White House.

Reality is settling in. Employers aren’t creating more jobs since they can’t fill the ones they have. The bonuses aren’t enough to impact job creation, rscoecially coupled with recent job cuts at Walmart, Kimberly Clark and other corporations. The Administration is cutting adult education funds. Coal jobs are declining. Carrier took their jobs to Mexico anyway.

These are the things that fundamentally got Trump elected. It’s the economy stupid. If Trump can’t deluver on good jobs for white people in the rust belt, they’ll bury his ass in the midterms.

ooh, very scary...

We shall see, but I doubt it. But if it all falls apart isn’t only the rich that get hurt, according to the left only the rich benefit when it goes up , so only the rich will be hurt if it goes down and since the left hates the rich, they should be excited that Trump had the market crash. What a win for Trump! You lefties would adore him.
The DJIA is down about 240 point midday Monday and the world is still turning. The correction in the market is too be expected. Whenever the economy is expanding as it has been for a number of years and it gets a big dose of stimulus such as a tax cut, you get a surge in prices following by a retreat as investors begin to worry about an overheated economy, inflation, and fed interest rate increases. This is normal and is nothing to be worried about. In fact, it's a good time for investors that are sitting on sidelines to start moving money into the market conservatively with dollar cost averaging.
Or we're heading for a recession because the fed will jack up rates faster, and since the gop cut taxes we have to sell more gummit bonds, and there's no market so we'll have to pay more interest, requiring more gummit bonds, for which there's no market, requiring us to again pay even more interest ....

Ironically the market turn may very well be blamed on the tax cut bill, which may be seen as an inflationary, budget busting stimulus package,

when stimulus wasn't needed.

This is the result of the news of increased government borrowing, the actual cost of the Trump tax cuts starting to be felt. The continued slowing of job creation. Higher interest rates by the Federal Reserve, and other policies pursued by the Trump White House.

Reality is settling in. Employers aren’t creating more jobs since they can’t fill the ones they have. The bonuses aren’t enough to impact job creation, rscoecially coupled with recent job cuts at Walmart, Kimberly Clark and other corporations. The Administration is cutting adult education funds. Coal jobs are declining. Carrier took their jobs to Mexico anyway.

These are the things that fundamentally got Trump elected. It’s the economy stupid. If Trump can’t deluver on good jobs for white people in the rust belt, they’ll bury his ass in the midterms.

Quick, sell, sell, sell everything.

ooh, very scary...

Or we're heading for a recession because the fed will jack up rates faster, and since the gop cut taxes we have to sell more gummit bonds, and there's no market so we'll have to pay more interest, requiring more gummit bonds, for which there's no market, requiring us to again pay even more interest ....

Ironically the market turn may very well be blamed on the tax cut bill, which may be seen as an inflationary, budget busting stimulus package,

No kidding, good thing you don't work on Wall Street. Not many of them are quite as shortsighted as you are.

So much objection to my calling it Trump's stock market.

So when did it stop being Trump's stock market? He and his cult claimed ownership of it practically from the day he was elected.

So much objection to my calling it Trump's stock market.

So when did it stop being Trump's stock market? He and his cult claimed ownership of it practically from the day he was elected.
It is Trump’s Market.
People are buying stuff.

Dow is down another 200 points today

Why has Trump stopped bragging about how good his stock market is?

but but but, I thought it was Obama's market when it was going up. You know, all the wonderful things obozo did finally coming home to roost. LOL, a couple down days are normal, the market if just fine. Today is actually an excellent time to be buying.

the desperation of you libs is funny as algore sitting on an ice flow with a blow torch trying to warm the arctic.

Trump won, Hillary lost, get the fuck over it.

Where is Fat Donnie when his market is crashing?

ooh, very scary...

The irony is that the corporate tax cut was NOT inflationary, and arguably brought money back to the US to be taxed and invested. But the individual tax changes were directly aimed to reward gop donors and punish blue states. IF increased stimulus leads to a recession, that will be what did it: the need to reward gop political donors.

ooh, very scary...

We've been headed for a recession every since we came out of the last one. I just don't think it's going start this year. The stock market usually does pretty good doing periods of rising interest as long they aren't accompanied by run away inflation and that doesn't seem likely at this time. Despite some setbacks, earning prospects look good this year. Barring major unseen events, I think the market will do better this year than last year but we are in the final stage of a bull market that is way overdue for a major correction.

The biggest problem I see is how republicans in congress will handle the Trump agenda, 1.5 trillion in infrastructure spending, a border wall, fully funding the military, cuts in spending needed to finance the tax cut, renegotiation of trade treaties, and a possible long government shutdown.

This is a market correction, we should be okay, however unless we get spending under control and raise taxes we are heading for a big change in another year or so. The bond market and the increase in wages are concerning investors.

Money is flowing mostly from stocks to bonds. If the Fed donates maturing QE bonds to the treasury, which I believe is required by law, we could be looking at a technical tiny budget surplus.

ooh, very scary...

That is one of the continuous should-bes but won'ts in the market. Other than staying out of the market in the Jewish high holy days then get back in after Yom Kippur I have yet to see any timing system that even makes good nonsense. There are numerous low or no cost fundamental resources but they are largely ignored. Playing the market to impress the neighbors seems to be the main motivation for getting in/out/whatever the market and that ain't going to change.
I never try to time the market. I stopped that over 40 years ago. As I said, now is a good time for dollar cost averaging as it always has been. I have found that it easier for investors who are sitting on the sideline to start moving money into the market during a correction. Searching for a bottom is a fool's errand for investors.

No, it's the bond markets and interest rate fears.

This is a market correction, we should be okay, however unless we get spending under control and raise taxes we are heading for a big change in another year or so. The bond market and the increase in wages are concerning investors.

Another problem is that in the high SALT/high cost of living states public service workers are likely to go on strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back