Trumps taxes, and why I don't give a damn

Look, the IRS is already auditing the guy, so I'm pretty sure if there's a problem we're going to hear about it. In fact, I have little doubt the IRS has a bunch of progressive liberals throughout the organization so the fact that we've heard nothing after all this time leads me to believe there's nothing to be seen. And yeah, it's not like we don't have a number of more serious issues on the front burner right now.
Is Trump under a perpetual audit? Does it take forever?
I don't have a problem with Trump not publishing his tax returns; however, I don't necessary buy his excuse about being under audit by the IRS any longer.
The reason I have for not needing to know what is in his tax returns is that it's not any of my business. It is not legally required for anyone to turn over their tax returns to run or be elected to public office. If we want to REQUIRE Trump make his tax returns public, then we should make it the law that everyone's tax returns are public and can be viewed on the internet. I don't think we want that.

From the WaPo:

Federal law makes it illegal to publish an unauthorized tax return or "return information":

It shall be unlawful for any person to whom any return or return information (as defined in section 6103(b)) is disclosed in a manner unauthorized by this title thereafter willfully to print or publish in any manner not provided by law any such return or return information. Any violation of this paragraph shall be a felony punishable by a fine in any amount not exceeding $5,000, or imprisonment of not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.

The term "return information" covers not only return documents themselves but also the "amount of his income, payments, receipts, deductions, exemptions, credits, assets, liabilities, net worth, tax liability, tax withheld, deficiencies, overassessments or tax payments."

The Times published the first page of Trump's 1995 New York state resident income tax return, the first page of his New Jersey nonresident tax return and the first page of his Connecticut nonresident tax return.

Under New York law, it is unlawful "to divulge or make known in any manner the amount of income or any particulars set forth or disclosed in any report or return." Non-government employees face fines of as much as $10,000 and imprisonment for as long as one year.

As I have said before tax returns are private and that includes Donald Trumps.
Congress will release them next year anyways, when Democrats sweep back in.
Same way they were supposed to in 2016?

Isn't that illegal, to release somebody's private tax return?
I believe so.
Because you thrive on being uninformed
No I simply don't thrive on being a partisan idiot.

From the WaPo:

Federal law makes it illegal to publish an unauthorized tax return or "return information":

It shall be unlawful for any person to whom any return or return information (as defined in section 6103(b)) is disclosed in a manner unauthorized by this title thereafter willfully to print or publish in any manner not provided by law any such return or return information. Any violation of this paragraph shall be a felony punishable by a fine in any amount not exceeding $5,000, or imprisonment of not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.

The term "return information" covers not only return documents themselves but also the "amount of his income, payments, receipts, deductions, exemptions, credits, assets, liabilities, net worth, tax liability, tax withheld, deficiencies, overassessments or tax payments."

The Times published the first page of Trump's 1995 New York state resident income tax return, the first page of his New Jersey nonresident tax return and the first page of his Connecticut nonresident tax return.

Under New York law, it is unlawful "to divulge or make known in any manner the amount of income or any particulars set forth or disclosed in any report or return." Non-government employees face fines of as much as $10,000 and imprisonment for as long as one year.
That thinking did not stop Trump associates to treasonously engage in illegal activities with Russian agents.

The returns will come out.

Look, the IRS is already auditing the guy, so I'm pretty sure if there's a problem we're going to hear about it. In fact, I have little doubt the IRS has a bunch of progressive liberals throughout the organization so the fact that we've heard nothing after all this time leads me to believe there's nothing to be seen. And yeah, it's not like we don't have a number of more serious issues on the front burner right now.
Is Trump under a perpetual audit? Does it take forever?
I don't have a problem with Trump not publishing his tax returns; however, I don't necessary buy his excuse about being under audit by the IRS any longer.
The reason I have for not needing to know what is in his tax returns is that it's not any of my business. It is not legally required for anyone to turn over their tax returns to run or be elected to public office. If we want to REQUIRE Trump make his tax returns public, then we should make it the law that everyone's tax returns are public and can be viewed on the internet. I don't think we want that.

There is no legal req't for Trump or any other politician to release their tax returns. I have to think that if there was any question of illegality we would've heard about it by now, no way could that be kept secret. And if the audit is over then wouldn't/shouldn't we be told that? I think so. Might be some information that while not illegal could be politically damaging, hence he hasn't made the return public. He doesn't have to but it makes it look he has something to hide. Frankly this story is getting old, kinda like the Obama birth certificate was. Geez, get it out there and let's move on.

They picked up seats. Next year, they have a secret weapon they didn't before - the worst President in American history, a staunch republican
According to all the political experts they were going to win the Presidency and take back the Senate there was even talk of the Democrats taking back the House there were even some whispers Hillary would get 400 electoral votes didn't work out that way. The Kansas special election was going to be a referendum on Trump yet the Republican who from what I hear wasn't overly impressive won. Anyway you keep living the dream and keep hope alive.

From the WaPo:

That thinking did not stop Trump associates to treasonously engage in illegal activities with Russian agents.

The returns will come out.

There is no evidence whatsoever that your allegation is true.

I believe so.
Nobody believes you. Anyways, congress can release anyone's tax returns. Which is especially important considering our President has known ties to mobsters and foreign special interests.

They picked up seats. Next year, they have a secret weapon they didn't before - the worst President in American history, a staunch republican
According to all the political experts they were going to win the Presidency and take back the Senate there was even talk of the Democrats taking back the House there were even some whispers Hillary would get 400 electoral votes didn't work out that way. The Kansas special election was going to be a referendum on Trump yet the Republican who from what I hear wasn't overly impressive won. Anyway you keep living the dream and keep hope alive.
Nobody could have predicted Russian sabotage and last minute FBI treason. And even then Hillary still got 3 million more votes.

Kansas, btw, is a complete disaster.

I believe so.
Nobody believes you. Anyways, congress can release anyone's tax returns. Which is especially important considering our President has known ties to mobsters and foreign special interests.

Congress does NOT have the right or power to release anyone's tax return. That statement is bullshit, as is the total nonsense about any associations with mobsters. Total bullshit.

I believe so.

Congress does NOT have the right or power to release anyone's tax return. That statement is bullshit, as is the total nonsense about any associations with mobsters. Total bullshit.
^ Another uninformed and proud of it moron

I believe so.
Your idiocy is showing.

Nobody could have predicted Russian sabotage and last minute FBI treason. And even then Hillary still got 3 million more votes.

Kansas, btw, is a complete disaster.
I repeat your idiocy is showing. Complete disaster and the Democrat still couldn't win.

I believe so.

Tell you what dipweed, how about you provide a link that says Congress has the right or power to release anyone's unauthorized tax return. I already provided one that shows it is illegal to do that, so step up or shut up. And while you're at it, show me a link from a reputable source that says Trump has known ties to mobsters.

It seems to me that the right to privacy is why I should keep my nose out of his business as much as I wish the government would keep its nose out of mine.

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I believe so.
Your idiocy is showing.
Everything I said is true, cupcake.

Tell you what dipweed, how about you provide a link that says Congress has the right or power to release anyone's unauthorized tax return. I already provided one that shows it is illegal to do that, so step up or shut up.
Here you go, dumb shit: How Congress could get Trump's tax returns

Idiots can't even do a simple google search :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I believe so.
Your idiocy is showing.
Everything I said is true, cupcake.
Wrong as usual buttercup.

Forum List

Back