Trump's trade war with China

What is the fix? We start paying more? That's a win?

The fix is jobs and trade balance moving back to US.

Even if it means paying more.

And yes, that would be a win. Obviously.

You are an anti American.

1. Are you speaking for the rest of poor Americans?

2. You have not solved the trade wars yet. We are already paying high prices.

3. Most or all businesses from different categories trashing inept Trump Trade wars. Are you telling me they are wrong?

4. There will be a loss of jobs and businesses.

5. Negotiations started last year and theres no end insight. No way for that moron to get out.

6. Tariffs are passed on to American consumers. American consumers loss.

7. Name me one business ( except steel industry) or any company that supports Trump foolish trade wars?

IDIOT

More Than 200 Shoe Companies Urge Trump To Cancel New China Tariffs

The trade war is resulting in "hidden taxes paid by American individuals and families," the footwear brands wrote.
By Lydia O'Connor
08/28/2019 07:00 PM E

1. No.

2. Totally worth it. If we get the jobs back and keep them forever.

3.Yes. THey have adjusted to the current model, and don't want disruption. THeir goal is short term profits, mine is long term rise in wages and standard of living.

4. Most likely. Until businesses adjust. Then it will improve. If we keep to it.

5. Agreed. Their is really nothing to negotiate. The Chinese have no incentive to give up hundreds of billions of dollars. We should just slap on strong tariffs and keep them there, forever.

6. I am willing to pay more, if it means more and better jobs for Americans. Everyone that voted for Trump, voted for that.

7. Fuck them all. They don't get what they want this time.

1. Your answer is No. So why are you promoting higher prices at the counter? Since when that is acceptable?

2. Jobs are not coming back. You can ask Donnie and Ivanka if they can make their products here in US. The best scenario is they go to other neighboring countries.
Moving business and operations back to US is big business mistakes because of high labor costs. That is not going to happen.

3 and 4. What do you mean short term? These companies are in business for decades making money. Donnie is disrupting all the progress and the economy.
So you are willing to sacrifice people lives and businesses? It will take several years or never to recover from bankruptcy.
It will be like you making money now. Then Donnie comes in and fuck you up. Just like what he did with the US farmers. A lot of those people will never recover.

5. So if Donnie cannot make a deal you will slap them with more tariffs? If that is so easy do you think Donnie could have come out swinging by now?
Americans are paying for the higher tariffs right now. It’s a price we don’t need.
Maybe you don’t even understand the ripple effect to ordinary American lives of this dumb trade wars.

6. You do NOT represent poor Americans. You do NOT represent businesses here in America for you to say that.
Of the 220 millions registered voters only 63+ millions voted for Trump. With all the hatred and disgusting tweets and lies. Do you honestly believe that the 63+ grew or decrease?
I can honestly tells you that lot of his supporters are sick of his ineptness.

7. Life doesn’t work that way. This also proved that Donnie has nothing to do with the current booming economy.
It’s just hard how you can say something like that to your own fellow Americans.
Yes you are anti Americans.

1. Since the jobs did not come back already, the way they were supposed to.

2. Manufacturing has already seen improvements. And I heard in the immediate aftermath of his election, that local manufactures were FLOODED with inquires from foreign businesses looking to move production here to avoid tariffs. It is not happen, because he was not as aggressive as they feared. But it could.

3. Your assumption of a worst case scenario, ie a rapid abrupt change with no transition period, is certainly possible, and even then would be worth the long term good.

5. Not sure of the political difficulties. Hell, I don't know if it is doable at all. But my point stands. Yes, I am in favor of tariffs.

6. Your numbers games are noted and dismissed. My point was that there is a large base of support for this policy in America,and if you want to play numbers games, consider how many Americans support American jobs, but dont' support Trump because of the leftard lies you mentioned.

7. Those of you on your side of this debate, have and still are basically said, "fuck them" to those who have lost out to this policy. CNM, has admitted that the reason he supports this policy is that he hates the Americans who are the ones that lost. He sides with China because he likes them better than white working class Americans.

Your rebuttal From 1 to 7. Are just an anti Americans anti business hurting Americans. Nothing more.

So negotiate. Sit down and get it done. Don't put farmers out of business because you can't get it done.
We have the best agriculture in the world. Nobody grows better beef than we do. There’s not a single developed nation out there that wouldn’t miss our food. You don’t win a poker game by asking the players to treat you fairly. You have to be willing to take a risk with the cards you’re holding.

Try to explain that to American farmers that are loosing incomes. Some are un able to pay loans.

Try to tell that to China that are now buying agricultural products in Brazil and other countries instead from us.
Farmers are subsidized and will be taken care of.

Why? They don’t need that before the trade war. Why should I feed them just because of Trumpy.

This is like you are making good money $150k year. Then a moron Trump purposely shot your leg so you cannot go to work. Then pay you $15k just for the heck of it...... Is that acceptable?

Farmers are being subsidized but not 100%. They are getting the money they invested but not the profits. Farmers are loosing money and the market went to Brazil. Sadly.

Actually farmers get about 20 billion a year in subsides even before the trade war, Trump has just had to basically double that amount due to the damage he has done

you are correct about losing our markets, and there is a lot of doubt if they will ever get them back.
Doubt?

I do not think there is much doubt anymore - those specific markets are not coming back. Farmers are going to have to find new ones.

We have the best agriculture in the world. Nobody grows better beef than we do. There’s not a single developed nation out there that wouldn’t miss our food. You don’t win a poker game by asking the players to treat you fairly. You have to be willing to take a risk with the cards you’re holding.

Try to explain that to American farmers that are loosing incomes. Some are un able to pay loans.

Try to tell that to China that are now buying agricultural products in Brazil and other countries instead from us.
Farmers are subsidized and will be taken care of.

Why? They don’t need that before the trade war. Why should I feed them just because of Trumpy.

This is like you are making good money $150k year. Then a moron Trump purposely shot your leg so you cannot go to work. Then pay you $15k just for the heck of it...... Is that acceptable?

Farmers are being subsidized but not 100%. They are getting the money they invested but not the profits. Farmers are loosing money and the market went to Brazil. Sadly.

Actually farmers get about 20 billion a year in subsides even before the trade war, Trump has just had to basically double that amount due to the damage he has done

you are correct about losing our markets, and there is a lot of doubt if they will ever get them back.
Doubt?

I do not think there is much doubt anymore - those specific markets are not coming back. Farmers are going to have to find new ones.
We should not feed the military of our enemies.

3. Most or all businesses from different categories trashing inept Trump Trade wars. Are you telling me they are wrong?

5. Negotiations started last year and theres no end insight. No way for that moron to get out.

7. Name me one business ( except steel industry) or any company that supports Trump foolish trade wars?

IDIOT

The trade war is resulting in "hidden taxes paid by American individuals and families," the footwear brands wrote.
By Lydia O'Connor

1. No.

3.Yes. THey have adjusted to the current model, and don't want disruption. THeir goal is short term profits, mine is long term rise in wages and standard of living.

4. Most likely. Until businesses adjust. Then it will improve. If we keep to it.

5. Agreed. Their is really nothing to negotiate. The Chinese have no incentive to give up hundreds of billions of dollars. We should just slap on strong tariffs and keep them there, forever.

6. I am willing to pay more, if it means more and better jobs for Americans. Everyone that voted for Trump, voted for that.

1. Your answer is No. So why are you promoting higher prices at the counter? Since when that is acceptable?

2. Jobs are not coming back. You can ask Donnie and Ivanka if they can make their products here in US. The best scenario is they go to other neighboring countries.
Moving business and operations back to US is big business mistakes because of high labor costs. That is not going to happen.

3 and 4. What do you mean short term? These companies are in business for decades making money. Donnie is disrupting all the progress and the economy.
So you are willing to sacrifice people lives and businesses? It will take several years or never to recover from bankruptcy.
It will be like you making money now. Then Donnie comes in and fuck you up. Just like what he did with the US farmers. A lot of those people will never recover.

5. So if Donnie cannot make a deal you will slap them with more tariffs? If that is so easy do you think Donnie could have come out swinging by now?
Americans are paying for the higher tariffs right now. It’s a price we don’t need.
Maybe you don’t even understand the ripple effect to ordinary American lives of this dumb trade wars.

6. You do NOT represent poor Americans. You do NOT represent businesses here in America for you to say that.
Of the 220 millions registered voters only 63+ millions voted for Trump. With all the hatred and disgusting tweets and lies. Do you honestly believe that the 63+ grew or decrease?

7. Life doesn’t work that way. This also proved that Donnie has nothing to do with the current booming economy.
It’s just hard how you can say something like that to your own fellow Americans.

2. Manufacturing has already seen improvements. And I heard in the immediate aftermath of his election, that local manufactures were FLOODED with inquires from foreign businesses looking to move production here to avoid tariffs. It is not happen, because he was not as aggressive as they feared. But it could.

3. Your assumption of a worst case scenario, ie a rapid abrupt change with no transition period, is certainly possible, and even then would be worth the long term good.

5. Not sure of the political difficulties. Hell, I don't know if it is doable at all. But my point stands. Yes, I am in favor of tariffs.

6. Your numbers games are noted and dismissed. My point was that there is a large base of support for this policy in America,and if you want to play numbers games, consider how many Americans support American jobs, but dont' support Trump because of the leftard lies you mentioned.

7. Those of you on your side of this debate, have and still are basically said, "fuck them" to those who have lost out to this policy. CNM, has admitted that the reason he supports this policy is that he hates the Americans who are the ones that lost. He sides with China because he likes them better than white working class Americans.

Your rebuttal From 1 to 7. Are just an anti Americans anti business hurting Americans. Nothing more.
Standing up to China (our communist totalitarian enemy) is pro-USA.

2. A fair trade relationship, is mutually beneficial. If the money is flowing more in one way, than in the other, if one side is experiencing massive growth, while the other is being hollowed out, with massive social costs, that is a clear cut case of "not fair". There, I have explained it AGAIN.

Money flows one way and good flow back the other way. Hell, the Chinese could say things are not fair as they give us their goods and get nothing but money in exchange.

Do you have a job? if you do there is a one way flow of money, from your employer to you, is this unfair to your employer?

When you go to the grocery store there is a one way exchange of money, you give them money and all they give you is stuff, just like what happens between the American consumers and China. Is it unfair that your grocery store has a one way flow of money to them?

AND also, something none of YOU have been able to explain, if the trade deficit is not bad, and the trade surplus is not good (for them), then why are they (and you) so opposed to changing it? cnm has admitted that his reason is that he hates the Americans that would benefit from doing so, he wants to see China benefit while working class whites get fucked.

We are not in the same place in our history, we are far more advanced than they are, thus they are the manual labor for our society. There is a reason why our Per Capita GDP is 3.5 times higher than China, yet you want to make us like China again...why is that?

There is a reason that the US has the 2nd highest Pre Capita wealth in the world and China does not even make the top 35. Yet you want to make us more like China...why is that?

1. Your analogies are shit. I do have a job. The money flows to me, my work to my employer. My employer makes money off of the work I do. We both benefit.

To be a good analogy, what we get for our money with China, would have to produce more money for US. That is not happening.

2. I asked a simple question. If trade balance does not matter, than why fight against changing it so much. YOur answer was to throw a lot of shit out there answering a number of questions I did not ask.

The reason you can't answer the question, is because the answer is, that trade surplus/deficit matters a lot, and you know it. Xi knows it. Trump knows it. I know it. We all know it, but for some reason, you are lying about it.

Fair can be difficult to be objective by, I grant you that.

It is not difficult, it is impossible. At best fair is like beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder. I think it is unfair that a football player can make more per TD pass than a nurse makes in a year. But others would tell you it is fair because the player has the more unique skill

But setting new records in trade deficits almost every year, is pretty clear cut.

Yes, it is clear cut. We have more wealth to spend and we are spending it. Nobody has ever been able to explain why trade deficits are so terrible. You have a trade deficit with your grocery store, do you whine about it every day?

I look a the way wages have stagnated and how that started not long after we choose a "Free Trade" policy, and,

I say that it is time for a change.

The benefits we have received have been outweighed by the costs.

When do you view as the start of our "free trade" era?

1. Bull.

2. A fair trade relationship, is mutually beneficial. If the money is flowing more in one way, than in the other, if one side is experiencing massive growth, while the other is being hollowed out, with massive social costs, that is a clear cut case of "not fair". There, I have explained it AGAIN.

AND also, something none of YOU have been able to explain, if the trade deficit is not bad, and the trade surplus is not good (for them), then why are they (and you) so opposed to changing it? cnm has admitted that his reason is that he hates the Americans that would benefit from doing so, he wants to see China benefit while working class whites get fucked.

3. Good question about the "era of free trade". NOt sure. SOmetime in the early 70s seems to be likely. Perhaps earlier and it just took time for the effects to be felt.
I've answered your question several times. China needs the tax dollars. Tariffs are a tax. They tax imports because they need the tax dollars.

NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM FROM TAXING THEIR IMPORTS. YOUR ANSWER MAKES NO SENSE.

TRY AGAIN!

1. Your analogies are shit. I do have a job. The money flows to me, my work to my employer. My employer makes money off of the work I do. We both benefit.

To be a good analogy, what we get for our money with China, would have to produce more money for US. That is not happening.

It does produce more money for the US. Everything we get from China is sold in the US by people being paid to sell it to us. They are making money off of it.

Do you think that China sells it to each individual specifically?

2. I asked a simple question. If trade balance does not matter, than why fight against changing it so much. YOur answer was to throw a lot of shit out there answering a number of questions I did not ask.

The reason you can't answer the question, is because the answer is, that trade surplus/deficit matters a lot, and you know it. Xi knows it. Trump knows it. I know it. We all know it, but for some reason, you are lying about it.

I answered your question, you have this very bad habit of lying about people answer your questions when you get an answer you do not agree with.

So, which is it? NOt easy, or easy? You are all over the place.

I want "Fair trade" or mutually beneficial trade.

That is a completely reasonable position,

There is no such thing as "fair trade" because there is no such thing as fair. Fair is always in the eye of the beholder.

You cannot look at our country as a whole and say we have not benefited from the current trade deals. Well you can, but you would be lying.

But setting new records in trade deficits almost every year, is pretty clear cut.

I look a the way wages have stagnated and how that started not long after we choose a "Free Trade" policy, and,

Oh lordy.
If you want to tackle trade deficits. Tell to Americans to stop shopping at Walmart, Costco, Amazon, Macy’s and the rest of major retailers.
We are the world biggest spenders looking for cheaper products to save money.
We are also the biggest wasters and spoiled citizens around the world.

School opens we buy our kids with new backpacks and new shoes. We threw the old one away..Parents from other countries will let them use from past year.

Trade policy is the purview of GOVERNMENTS, not individual shoppers.

But the trade deficit exist due to individual shoppers.

With better trade policy, we can encourage American consumers to buy American, and nurture American employment and wages.

To the stockholders and employers.

Time for the workers to get some. I would say, at least for the next 50 years, to be fair.
Correct. So we have plenty of wealth, its just going to the wrong people. That is not at all a trade problem.

It is flowing the way it is, because of the trade policy, as your post with Milton discussed.

It is going to one group of people more than it has been to others, for quite some time.

At the very least, is it the turn of the others, for at least the next 60 years, to be fair.
You can't tie our wages to trade policy. China isn't telling our companies to pay little. That is an internal issue.

So, companies that lost all their market share because of our trade policy, are supposed to somehow be required to pay their workers more, instead of shutting down?

Your pretense that you can't see the connection between trade policy and wages is not credible.

Are you here for serious discussion, or just to be a troll boy like so many others?
Our companies are doing very well. You even said all the dollars are going to executives and investors. There is plenty of wealth in this country. I gave you many internal reasons why it is not going to workers. Many of our companies have near monopolies, wage collusion, non competes, right to work laws, decline in unions... Internally everything has turned on workers. That's is not trades fault.

The companies are doing well, because they have outsourced, or are importing from foreign manufacturers.

That does not help American workers, or families, or communities.

Thus, trade policy does end up being one of the causes of wage suppression.

YOur denial of this obvious fact, reveals a serious flaw in your whole position.

IDIOT

By Lydia O'Connor

1. No.

My pointing out that the policy of Free Trade, did not have the promised results, and should be changed,

is not anti-American.

You are a liar and an asshole.

IDIOT

By Lydia O'Connor

1. No.

Standing up to China (our communist totalitarian enemy) is pro-USA.

He knows that. They all know it.

cnm, has admitted that he is opposed to fighting China on trade, because he hates the Americans it would help.

There is no such thing as "fair trade" because there is no such thing as fair. Fair is always in the eye of the beholder.

You cannot look at our country as a whole and say we have not benefited from the current trade deals. Well you can, but you would be lying.

Oh lordy.
If you want to tackle trade deficits. Tell to Americans to stop shopping at Walmart, Costco, Amazon, Macy’s and the rest of major retailers.
We are the world biggest spenders looking for cheaper products to save money.
We are also the biggest wasters and spoiled citizens around the world.

School opens we buy our kids with new backpacks and new shoes. We threw the old one away..Parents from other countries will let them use from past year.

Trade policy is the purview of GOVERNMENTS, not individual shoppers.

But the trade deficit exist due to individual shoppers.

With better trade policy, we can encourage American consumers to buy American, and nurture American employment and wages.

Americans are still going to buy the cheap stuff out of Thailand or wherever manufacturing goes to.

Why do I care where something is made? As a consumer I look for the best quality mixed with the best price, the country of origin is of very little concern to me.

America has a million open position more than people to fill them, what more do you want?

Why do I care where something is made? As a consumer I look for the best quality mixed with the best price, the country of origin is of very little concern to me.

America has a million open position more than people to fill them, what more do you want?

Wal-Mart jobs do not = manufacturing jobs.

It does produce more money for the US. Everything we get from China is sold in the US by people being paid to sell it to us. They are making money off of it.

Do you think that China sells it to each individual specifically?

I answered your question, you have this very bad habit of lying about people answer your questions when you get an answer you do not agree with.

1. An American business setting itself up as the middle man, is fine for that business, but it is not "producing money" for us, the final recipient of the products. Which is what would be required for your "job analogy" to be a good analogy.

They are benefiting at our expense.

2. You were so convinced that your words were strong answers, that you cut them from this post. LOL.

Here they are again.

We are not in the same place in our history, we are far more advanced than they are, thus they are the manual labor for our society.

The question was, if trade deficit/balance does not matter, why are they fighting changing it. This explains why you think the balance is as it is, it does not explain why they are fighting changing it.

There is a reason why our Per Capita GDP is 3.5 times higher than China, yet you want to make us like China again...why is that?

The question was, if trade deficit/balance does not matter, why are they fighting changing it. This does not answer that question, but instead is a strawman accusation that wanting some manufacturing jobs, is "trying to make us like China", which is nonsense.

There is a reason that the US has the 2nd highest Pre Capita wealth in the world and China does not even make the top 35. Yet you want to make us more like China...why is that?
The question was, if trade deficit/balance does not matter, why are they fighting changing it. This does not answer that question, but instead brings in an irrelevant fact, and makes again a strawman accusation, of "trying to make us like China."

To answer the question, you would have to say something like,

"because they are afraid that, <fill in blank> will cause them a problem, thus they are against changing the trade balance,

and that has nothing to do with the money."

BUt the problem for you is, you cant' do that, and you know it, because their actions are all about the money, and there is no other reason that you can offer.

First I would ask what makes one job better than the other.

Second, that is not where most of the open jobs are...

upload_2019-9-8_15-48-23.png

Historical pay.

1. An American business setting itself up as the middle man, is fine for that business, but it is not "producing money" for us, the final recipient of the products. Which is what would be required for your "job analogy" to be a good analogy.

They are benefiting at our expense.

And we are benefiting at their expense, the ability to buy goods that are less expensive allows us to spend money on other things. We take advantage of their glut of cheap labor.

2. You were so convinced that your words were strong answers, that you cut them from this post. LOL.

Here they are again.

We are not in the same place in our history, we are far more advanced than they are, thus they are the manual labor for our society.

The question was, if trade deficit/balance does not matter, why are they fighting changing it. This explains why you think the balance is as it is, it does not explain why they are fighting changing it.

I do that with every post I reply to, did you just now notice? I have been doing that about 95% of the time on this forum. If I do not it is normally because I am on my phone and it is a pain to do.

They are fighting it because it matters to them as they do not have the wealth that we have.

Historical pay.

And that historical pay is why the jobs left the country in the first place. Standing on an assembly line doing the same thing 1000 times a day is perhaps not worth 30 bucks an hour. Thus what they could not automate, which was most of it, they sent to where there was cheap labor.

Historical pay.

And that historical pay is why the jobs left the country in the first place. Standing on an assembly line doing the same thing 1000 times a day is perhaps not worth 30 bucks an hour. Thus what they could not automate, which was most of it, they sent to where there was cheap labor.

Germany kept theirs.

Forum List

Back