‘Try walking on the street, and don’t move aside for the white people’

I ran into this problem in the 90s in a Canadian nat'l park. Seems the Asians were the biggest offenders. A group would be coming down the paved trail and you either were forced off the trail or you didn't pass. There was no such thing as getting single file.

By the way, do you view Asians as 'people of color'?

Not surprising. From my experience most blacks aren't very nice or considerate of others and tend to always walk around with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.

I mean I run into some that are able to atleast show decent manners, but on the whole they are void of common curtsey.

This bitch just seems to want to perpetuate it.

First off, why are we referring to Asians as 'people of color'?

Aside from that I've watched this woman's video, and I'll be damned if I can figure out what the fuck her problem is. She seems aghast over the fact that people (white people I guess) don't immediately roll the red carpet out for her.
What a bunch of ridiculous bullshit. Probably another video created "outrage" to get clicks and views.

View attachment 637259

‘Try walking on the street, and don’t move aside for the white people’: Woman of color refuses to move for white people on sidewalk in viral video​

'STAND YOUR GROUND! Put the shoulder into it!'​

I am 6'5, 325 pounds. Not all muscle but I can move a refrigerator by myself up a flight of stairs. I don't have to fucking move aside for anyone....but I always....ALWAYS...do. It doesn't matter what color, size or age.....I give up the ground with no delusions of self importance or feelings of being disrespected. I hold the door for people behind me....I am usually the last person out of the elevator. I was raised this way.

I am 6'5, 325 pounds. Not all muscle but I can move a refrigerator by myself up a flight of stairs. I don't have to fucking move aside for anyone....but I always....ALWAYS...do. It doesn't matter what color, size or age.....I give up the ground with no delusions of self importance or feelings of being disrespected. I hold the door for people behind me....I am usually the last person out of the elevator. I was raised this way.

I always do the same, and am always polite to strangers.

Now THAT is a post that makes sense. Kudos Justoffal.

Let me amend my statement.

I do move to one side when I meet someone on the sidewalk. Only one exception I can think of. If I am walking with my sweetie and meet someone. I move up to slightly in front of her, on the street side. I defend her.

I blew up two negresses last week who thought walking right into 6’ 3” 235 would be a good experiment. After they got up one was hollering for my address so she could file assault charges.

So you are saying you knocked 2 women down because none of the 3 of you would step aside?

First of all, I don't believe that happened at all. And I am damn sure it didn't happen in the South. Regardless of their race, other people would have stepped in.

If, on the outside chance, this actually happened, why in the fuck would you assault someone for walking?

I lived for a few years in Seoul, South Korea between 1988 and 1992.

Koreans, at the time, lived in a very modern society and yet retained vestiges of their caste-based social system they've had for centuries.

One of the curious aspects of which was that showing what Westerners consider "common courtesy" was a tacit admission of social inferiority.

Many Koreans felt that letting someone go first, waiting in a line, even stopping for a stop sign was equivalent to admitting they were socially inferior to everyone else. Something most Koreans were loathe to do.

The upshot of this curious system was that no one waited in a line (every line became a rugby scrum), no one moved out of each other's way on the sidewalk, and even something as simple as a traffic circle became unworkable because no one was willing to yield to anyone else.

Thirty years later, since many Koreans have traveled overseas, most Koreans now see that this is an unworkable system and have adopted a more mannerly way of dealing with each other. But, even during my last visit, just before COVID, you could definitely see it continuing to happen. It was just not as wide-spread.
1. Well, since you raised this topic, I have long heard many things about Koreans.

2. Maybe they are changing now. I do not know.

3. I have read that they lack the idea of "compromise." Supposedly, their attitude is (or was): "I die; you die."

4. Because they are very, uh, feisty, they are called the "Irish of Asia."

5. Some years ago here in Los Angeles, I boarded a bus. I saw a kindly looking older Korean lady occupying an aisle seat. I courteously smiled and said "Excuse me" (to get to the unoccupied window seat). She stared at me as if I had committed a felony. She finally relented and let me in!!!

6. Maybe someone who knows the Korean people in 2024 can share their experiences.

P.S. I have read that South Korea has just forbidden dog meat restaurants. They should be commended for this move.

1. Well, since you raised this topic, I have long heard many things about Koreans.

3. I have read that they lack the idea of "compromise." Supposedly, their attitude is (or was): "I die; you die."

5. Some years ago here in Los Angeles, I boarded a bus. I saw a kindly looking older Korean lady occupying an aisle seat. I courteously smiled and said "Excuse me" (to get to the unoccupied window seat). She stared at me as if I had committed a felony. She finally relented and let me in!!!

6. Maybe someone who knows the Korean people in 2024 can share their experiences.

P.S. I have read that South Korea has just forbidden dog meat restaurants. They should be commended for this move.
First I heard of it.

First off, why are we referring to Asians as 'people of color'?

Aside from that I've watched this woman's video, and I'll be damned if I can figure out what the fuck her problem is. She seems aghast over the fact that people (white people I guess) don't immediately roll the red carpet out for her.
What a bunch of ridiculous bullshit. Probably another video created "outrage" to get clicks and views.

View attachment 637259

‘Try walking on the street, and don’t move aside for the white people’: Woman of color refuses to move for white people on sidewalk in viral video​

'STAND YOUR GROUND! Put the shoulder into it!'​

1. Sadly, some younger Asians are destroying their reputation as the model minority.

2. That young lady is just being rude and obnoxious.

3. If she tried that nonsense with a bunch of African Americans, she would soon regret it.

If I am walking down a sidewalk and encounter someone, I move aside for them. It is called "Manners", but it is sadly disappearing.
Don't go to the train station in Beijing during Spring Festival. You might spin yourself to death.

Let me amend my statement.

I do move to one side when I meet someone on the sidewalk. Only one exception I can think of. If I am walking with my sweetie and meet someone. I move up to slightly in front of her, on the street side. I defend her.
You make your woman walk behind you? Misogynist !!!

So you are saying you knocked 2 women down because none of the 3 of you would step aside?

First of all, I don't believe that happened at all. And I am damn sure it didn't happen in the South. Regardless of their race, other people would have stepped in.

If, on the outside chance, this actually happened, why in the fuck would you assault someone for walking?
Clearly a BS story.

Educated Koreans are very polite (why is a long story that might offend some). Trashy young men who want to pretend they are "gangsta" can be clownish assholes. When there is a fight to be had they will fight, though. Gotta give them credit for that.

Forum List

Back