Tucker abruptly ends 1/6 video conspiracy story

Uncle Rupert, under orders from the swamp, stopped it.
Uncle Rupert, under orders from his attorneys, stopped it. FOX is already facing a major lawsuit, adding another one to the list would probably put them under.

The outpouring of violence concerns extremism experts, who said Carlson and Fox News are playing with fire by spreading disinformation that could inspire violence against the targets of their coverage.

"Spreading disinformation", which is precisely what they have been shown to have been doing in regards to the Dominion lawsuit. Getting sued for damaging a company's reputation is one thing, getting sued because some half-cocked idiot assassinates a member of Congress would be quite another.

Uncle Rupert, under orders from his attorneys, stopped it. FOX is already facing a major lawsuit, adding another one to the list would probably put them under.
With all of the admissions from FOX and their anchors, there will be a lot more lawsuits besides Dominion and Smartmatic. I could see some of the January 6th defendants also suing them. Hell, I've seen lawyers claim that Hillary Clinton could have a good case against them.

The outpouring of violence concerns extremism experts, who said Carlson and Fox News are playing with fire by spreading disinformation that could inspire violence against the targets of their coverage.

"Spreading disinformation", which is precisely what they have been shown to have been doing in regards to the Dominion lawsuit. Getting sued for damaging a company's reputation is one thing, getting sued because some half-cocked idiot assassinates a member of Congress would be quite another.

How is playing actual surveillance tapes from the U.S. Congress "disinformation."

What happened? He just stopped. Was all of the debunking with fuller video and context just too much for him? Did he get tired of looking like a fool? From what I can tell he hasn't said another word about it.

Only so much beating a dead horse you can sell

How is playing actual surveillance tapes from the U.S. Congress "disinformation."
From the linked article,

The segment that aired last week downplayed the violence at the Capitol two years ago, recasting the Washington mob that breached the Capitol as an “orderly and meek” gathering of “sightseers.”

In a world filled with intelligent people, this wouldn't be a problem. I mean most people that have two brain cells they can rub together realize that the selective choosing of videos does not define what happened on January 6. Tucker could show ten thousand hours of video of people peacefully mulling around, taking selfies, and appearing as tourists, that would still not make the hours of video of the violence, the destruction, the forcible entry, breaching of barricades, and all the other violent activity go away.

Ironically, it is those on the right claiming that the January 6 committee was the one selectively choosing the videos, and somehow Tucker's showing of other videos made the videos of the January 6 committee magically disappear. It makes no damn sense. Until you understand precisely what is going on here. It is called perception bias. Much like confirmation bias, it is when someone subconsciously forms conclusions based on their beliefs, expectations, or emotions. Logic be damned.

And the thing here. Tucker, and his producers, know this shit. They know they are spreading disinformation, just like the whole "Stop the Steal" bullshit. They do it to drive ratings and they don't give two thoughts as to the repercussions, like the fivefold increase in violent rhetoric mentioned in my linked article. In no small way, they are banking on your own cognitive disability, and those like you. And quite frankly, I don't give a damn which side, the right or the left, indulges in this overt manipulation, it is WRONG, period.

And this is where I close. I lost my father a little less than a year ago. His entire life he stood for one thing, RIGHT. And he taught me, right is right, there is no gray, it is all black and white. It is time Americans ripped off the blinders of perception bias, of confirmation bias, and delegate these media companies that extort those weaknesses to the scrap heap of history. FOX news is a great place to start, but rest assured, I will be right behind you when we go after MSNBC.

What happened? He just stopped. Was all of the debunking with fuller video and context just too much for him? Did he get tired of looking like a fool? From what I can tell he hasn't said another word about it.
Fox news is now run by "lesser* people

What did you think he was going to do?... turn it into a mini series?....
He put three nights to it... and I'm sure there is more to come....

Forum List

Back