Turkey is attacking the Kurds, who were risking their lives for the US just last week..

it's amazing how many idiots like Jimhack care about the Kurds now that they can be used to bash Trump.

The Kurds weren't in any danger before Trump started selling them out.

It impresses me that all you warmongers who supported Bush no matter how many times he lied and denounced Obama when he got us out of Iraq have all turned into a bunch of hippies when your Orange Fuhrer sells out our only ally.

The Kurds have always been in danger, from Iraq, from Turkey, and from Syria. Their goal is to carve out their own country from parts of 3 others. Naturally this will cause issues with said original countries.

Trump hasn't gotten us out of anything there. he moved 50-100 troops 30km away from a border. We are still there, and still supporting the kurds in a large portion of Syria.

If Trump had kept the troops in the buffer area, you would have accused him of antagonizing Turkey.

Trump the draft Dodger has no respect for the lives lost and the act of a consistent ally.
Thousands of Kurds lost their lives while fighting by US forces in the fight against ISIS.. And this how Trump rewards them.
Trump the draft dodger has the blood of the Kurds on his hands.
Trump: ‘I will totally destroy the economy’

You are aware that all but oneof the Democrat candidates are running on bringing our boys home from the ME??
Sooo.... why no outrage about them..who BTW, of course, have reversed everything they have said now that Trump did this.

So we should go to war with Turkey?

The Turks were going to move. The 50-100 US troops in the zone they want to control were not going to stop them.

This is the same Turkey which refused to lift a finger when we were fighting in Iraq.

There are a whole bunch of things we could do to Turkey to make it behave itself... but Ergodan got Trump to sell out our allies...

Then you would accuse Trump of beating up on an "ally"

Those kurds have always been targets, either syria, Iraq or Turkey. The US will still protect a large area of Syria held by the Kurds.

Yes, they are our allies, however parts of their organization also fight against Turkey, one of our other allies, one we have relations with via NATO.

Should we go to war with Turkey over the Kurds?

If it comes to that, we should. Of course, there are ways to Bring Turkey to heal without going to war. Economic Sanctions, suspension from NATO, etc.

Fun to watch the Right Wing Warmongers turn into a bunch of hippies when their Orange Man wants to sell out an ally.

Yet harder economic sanctions are "bad" when applied to Iran. Again, you would bitch about whatever Trump did.

Your views on this are worthless.

They weren't enough to stop the Turks from going 30km, but what we have (and could do) is enough to stop them from taking over all of Kurd controlled Syria (and the rest of it, which they probably could do).

They are sufficient to forstal total takeover, but Turkey sees the risk of keeping the fighting on their border as more than the risk of US response to taking over the 30km zone of control.

With the zone of Control, the Army can set any rules it wants for movement in the zone, because it isn't Turkish territory. In Turkish Territory the army is limited by the Constitution to what i can and cannot do on Turkish soil.

a 30km buffer also keeps short range artillery and rockets out of range of turkish soil.

Again these are the reasons the Israelis took over portions of Lebanon in the 80's and 90's.

And how did that work out for them? Did they find that peace they were looking for.

The problem isn't "rocket attacks", the problem is that Kurdish Enclaves in Syria and Iraq might start giving Kurds in Turkey ideas.. you know, that they should have their own autonomy or maybe their own nation.

It doesn't make sense because all you are doing is trying to figure out a way to blame Trump, not actually figure out the complexity of the situation.

The situation isn't complex at all.

In this conflict, the Kurds helped us. The Turks not only haven't helped us despite years of us helping them since the Cold War, but have in some cases actively obstructed us, such as when they refused to let the Third Division move through their territory during the Invasion of Iraq. (The Third ID eventually had to go around through Kuwait and didn't join the battle until later.)

Yes, we are actually blaming Trump for his bad decisions and betrayal of a US ally.

No, you are suddenly caring about the Kurds because it makes Trump look bad.

Sad, actually.

I have said this for years, we have no business in the Middle East. We have no business anywhere in the world but here.

Why are we risking young American men and women? There is nothing to gain, let the world police themselves and stop interfering in other countries.
Pap maybe I missed it but can you show us the post you wrote blasting Trump for sending troops to protect the Saudis from Iranians?

Trump the draft Dodger has no respect for the lives lost and the act of a consistent ally.
Thousands of Kurds lost their lives while fighting by US forces in the fight against ISIS.. And this how Trump rewards them.

Well hey buddy. Grab your AR, jump on a plane and head on over to fight for the Kurds. You can replace the 50 soldiers Trump has pulled out. You should be up for it.

Be advised though that the Kurds won't need your help. They have been fighting the Turks for hundreds of years and are still a force.

But, feel free to head on over.

But not you Pap,, you're a real patriot

How many of your kids came home in body bags?
How many Kurds will, thanks to the AH in our WH ?? And what does Trump benefit from it with his holdings in Turkey?
Trump the man with an achilles mouth

We don't belong in other countries, we belong in our own. We are not the world police and the rest of the world despises us for our interference. We have enough problems at home we need to let the rest of the world do what they have done for thousands of years without our influence.

I have said this for years, we have no business in the Middle East. We have no business anywhere in the world but here.

Why are we risking young American men and women? There is nothing to gain, let the world police themselves and stop interfering in other countries.
Pap maybe I missed it but can you show us the post you wrote blasting Trump for sending troops to protect the Saudis from Iranians?

I was all for Iran and Afghanistan until I found out we weren't there to win but to invade, to engage in a politically correct war. I see no reason to put American lives at risk for no real reason. I have been consistent in my criticism with us being over there. If we are not there to win, we have no business being there. I am not sure if I posted my disagreement with sending troops to protect the Saudis or not.

It’s interesting that folks here think our troops have no business in Syria, yet some of y’all are cool either he idea of Trump sending Troops to protect Saudi from the scary boogeyman Iranians.
we can't help your ignorance. seek help.

Hey. Grab your AR, jump on a plane and head on over to defend the Kurds. I'm sure the withdrawing US troops will applaud you for your stupidity.

Enjoy.

[

"Beware of foreign entanglements"--Geprge Washington

TDS afflicted Moon Bats and Neocons, both ignoring that advice.
Asking Russia Ukraine and China for help doesn't fall into Washingtons advice ??
Where’s your precious UN?
How many years did we listen to these assholes talking UN everyday? Now we don’t need them for what they’re for? Too much

They certainly don't exist for unilateral UN occupations or to fight one of its founding members' armies on the battlefield. What is with you parroting this goofy talking point 50 times? Shaddupp already, jackass.
then why are they calling for climate change changes globally? shaddupp yourself. the UN is to protect the middle east. why aren't they? why are you so ignorant? Turkey is a part of NATO.They violated their agreement, correct? That is UN worthy.

United Nations Supervision Mission in Syria - Wikipedia

I was all for Iran and Afghanistan until I found out we weren't there to win but to invade, to engage in a politically correct war. I see no reason to put American lives at risk for no real reason. I have been consistent in my criticism with us being over there. If we are not there to win, we have no business being there. I am not sure if I posted my disagreement with sending troops to protect the Saudis or not.

RIGHT NOW you have McConnell and Pelosi agreeing ,,,You have Sanders and Graham agreeing IF those 4 can agree who are you to tell them they're wrong?? Kurds are our Ally,,,,,,,Generals are speaking out and the moron in our wh has a bloodbath on his hands

it's amazing how many idiots like Jimhack care about the Kurds now that they can be used to bash Trump.

It impresses me that all you warmongers who supported Bush no matter how many times he lied and denounced Obama when he got us out of Iraq have all turned into a bunch of hippies when your Orange Fuhrer sells out our only ally.

the Kurds have been in danger for more than 1000 years-----which is why they live
up in them thar hills

RIGHT NOW you have McConnell and Pelosi agreeing ,,,You have Sanders and Graham agreeing IF those 4 can agree who are you to tell them they're wrong?? Kurds are our Ally,,,,,,,Generals are speaking out and the moron in our wh has a bloodbath on his hands
Your precious UN will help them.

Turkey and your precious world opinion are doing what for the Kurds?

giphy.gif

It means that the Kurds are not fighting for us, our cause, THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THEMSELVES. It just so happens that their enemy is our enemy so we like it when they win. And over the years we have helped them on and off. The sad fact is that they could have won and done even more had we helped them more consistently and even more, but as far back as the beginnings of the Iraq War that I've followed it, that is just the way it is.

The Kurds could have just taken their areas and left it at that, letting ISIL and the various Arab factions fight it out... Instead they were the ones who did most of the heavy lifting fighting ISIL while Bashir Assad waited for the Iranians to save him.

The problem with our policy is that we've never supported a Kurdish homeland, which would redraw the borders but would still be the right thing to do. Autonomous Kurdish enclaves in Iraq and Syria threaten Turkey, so their corrupt regime is taking action.... and Trump is betraying our allies.

I like the idea of a Kurdish homeland (sheeeeesh---I am FORCED to agree with
Joe----of all people) but the FACTS are that DA MUZZIES are against it----
so there-------the kurds are up in them thar hills since the trash of Arabia
spilled out and muddied up the whole middle east

You don't think his investments in Turkey have any bearing on his dealings with giving turkey the green light to commit murders?

Forum List

Back