Turley: Swift new impeachment would damage the Constitution

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
The Hill

BY JONATHAN TURLEY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 01/09/21

Excerpt:

The author Franz Kafka once wrote, “My guiding principle is this. Guilt is never to be doubted.” Democrats suddenly appear close to adopting that standard into the Constitution as they prepare for a second impeachment of President Trump. With seeking his removal for incitement, Democrats would gut not only the impeachment standard but also free speech, all in a mad rush to remove Trump just days before his term ends.

Democrats are seeking to remove Trump on the basis of his remarks to supporters before the rioting at the Capitol. Like others, I condemned those remarks as he gave them, calling them reckless and wrong. I also opposed the challenges to electoral votes in Congress. But his address does not meet the definition for incitement under the criminal code. It would be viewed as protected speech by the Supreme Court.

LINK

=====

The Democrats are being total fools to press the impeachment gambit since they have no case at all.

The Hill

Excerpt:

The author Franz Kafka once wrote, “My guiding principle is this. Guilt is never to be doubted.” Democrats suddenly appear close to adopting that standard into the Constitution as they prepare for a second impeachment of President Trump. With seeking his removal for incitement, Democrats would gut not only the impeachment standard but also free speech, all in a mad rush to remove Trump just days before his term ends.

Democrats are seeking to remove Trump on the basis of his remarks to supporters before the rioting at the Capitol. Like others, I condemned those remarks as he gave them, calling them reckless and wrong. I also opposed the challenges to electoral votes in Congress. But his address does not meet the definition for incitement under the criminal code. It would be viewed as protected speech by the Supreme Court.

LINK

=====

The Democrats are being total fools to press the impeachment gambit since they have no case at all.
Trump swore to defend the US Constitution. Do you remember?

Letter: Trump swore on a Bible to defend the Constitution

>All presidents when they are sworn in on inauguration day, put their hand on the Bible and say: "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of the president of the United States, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God."<

The Hill

Excerpt:

LINK

=====

Almost every legal expert disagrees.

The Hill

Excerpt:

LINK

=====

@Sst; in the dreamy opaque & narcissistic world of American politics reality is viewed as just another obstacle standing in the way of the Orwellian dreams of grandeur & status.

If it damages to constitution that is even better - they want to destroy it in favor of constitution that offers endless free shit.

If it damages to constitution that is even better - they want to destroy it in favor of constitution that offers endless free shit.
That pic. About the size of his inauguration crowd.

The Hill

Excerpt:

LINK

=====

Turley is an avid Trump supporter,

Hopefully they will vote on the articles of impeachment today.. Trump should go in disgrace before he does any more damage to the country.

This impeachment is just like the last impeachment. Democrats abusing a Constitutional process to conduct a political hit on a President they hate.

The Hill

Excerpt:

LINK

=====

Turley is an avid Trump supporter,

Hopefully they will vote on the articles of impeachment today.. Trump should go in disgrace before he does any more damage to the country.
Turley stood up for him the 1st time and still the psychopath Trump was impeached. Trump has got Goolianni (the traitor) and the pedo attorney (Dooshwich) to defend him for the upcoming 2nd impeachment. Better luck that next time. Ha Ha Hah!

The Hill

Excerpt:

LINK

=====

I've learned over time that Turley's opinions don't mean much. Turley is squirrelly.

This impeachment is just like the last impeachment. Democrats abusing a Constitutional process to conduct a political hit on a President they hate.
1610349510513.png

And there is Trump swearing in with his hand on the Bible. And remember his Bible handling in Lafayette Park.
Please tell me he wasn't telling the truth. It was all a lie, right?

Forum List

Back