Turns out Russians hacked systems in 39 states. Did Republicans help?

Now that we know the Trump associates were colluding with the Russians, Rosenstein and Mueller need to find the weak links and crack them.

We? Who is we Comrade Fakey? I'll ask you again to post this proof you have that no one in the US government has been able to produce yet. You'll be famous. Just do it. We all want to see this proof you and you alone have. Go.
Mueller will do that in due time. You are a far alt right flunky and dupe of Russia and its allies.

No, no, no Comrade Fakey.........you said "we" KNOW. So which is it, you have actual knowledge based on factual evidence or you wish and hope that Mueller will validate your fantasy and find something that a year of investigation has yet to uncover? Come on, you made the claim, back it up or admit that you keep pulling this "knowledge" of collusion out of your ass.

I condemn anyone from interfering in our country. Now prove someone actually did?
Full transcript: Sally Yates and James Clapper testify on Russian election interference

Top-Secret NSA Report Details Russian Hacking Effort Days Before 2016 Election

Russian Cyber Hacks on U.S. Electoral System Far Wider Than Previously Known

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

The U.S. Government confirms that two different RIS actors participated in the intrusion into a U.S. political party. The first actor group, known as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) 29, entered into the party’s systems in summer 2015, while the second, known as APT28, entered in spring 2016.

Cybersecurity Expert Is Convinced Russia Was Behind DNC Hacking

NPR: Matt Tait is CEO of Capital Alpha Security, a British cybersecurity firm. I asked him why he was skeptical.

TAIT: Well, it just seemed to fantastical to be true. Russia has very good hackers. You know ,this is a government agency. So initially, what I decided, I’m going to prove Crowd Strike wrong.

NPR: They were hired by the Democratic National Committee to look into this.

TAIT: Absolutely. And so I basically went through all of the technical evidence published by them. I looked through the malware signatures they had come up with, and eventually what you start to discover is there’s a very large number of little pieces of information, some of which point to Russia, some of them point to Russia very, very strongly. And eventually, I came to the conclusion that there’s no other reasonable conclusion you can make.

NPR: Why couldn’t it have been any Joe Blow sitting in their bed, as Donald Trump suggested, masquerading as Russian and putting on a good disguise here?

TAIT: So there’s two different hacks that took place. There’s one hack that was of the DNC, and there was a different hack of John Podesta.

NPR: Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman.

TAIT: Absolutely. And there‘s a series of other smaller hacks of other Democratic members, but those are the two main hacks that took place. And the DNC hack used malware, it hacked into the DNC and placed malware on the DNC network, and we’re able to look at this malware and we’re able to analyze it and see where it talks to, which other companies have been hacked by similar malware, and quite quickly we’re able to see that this is malware that is communicating with servers that also were involved in the hack of the German parliament, the Bundestag. And one of the things that was very interesting is that this is a group we know quite well in the cybersecurity industry. This is a group called APT28. They’re very prolific. They’ve been involved in the hack of NATO organizations. They’ve been involved in the hack of journalists. They’ve been involved in the hack of people investigating the MH-17 airline that was shot down in Ukraine. And so this is a group that is so prolific that it is not really credible that this is an individual group.

NPR: Russia’s really good at this. Wouldn’t they disguise themselves better? Would Russia really want to put so many visible signs out there in the cybersecurity world that it was them and be identified?

TAIT: This wasn’t deliberate. They accidentally did this. And this is one of the problems of when you’re hacking at a really big scale, you look for efficiencies. There’s just not enough members of staff that Russia has in order to be able to hacks on this kind of scale and make sure they never screw up. What happens is that people make small mistakes, which means that when they’ve hacked a person A you might be able to say well that’s the same group, they’ve used the same malware, they’ve used the same control infrastructure as the hacker person B. Once you start to discover that there’s not just the DNC, there’s a thousand other people that have been hacked, all of whom are very narrowly tied to Russian military interests. The hacks of NATO, the hacks of the German parliament, the hacks of journalists reporting on things that Russia is not very happy about being reported on, you start quite quickly to build up this picture where in order for it to be someone else, it really has to be someone who is very prolific, who is doing this full time. There’s nobody else who would be willing to put that sort of cash, that sort of effort, into doing those types of hacks.

NPR: You said something very important there. You’re saying Russia, in your words, screwed up here.

TAIT: Absolutely. And this is normal. It’s actually very common that we see mistakes in malware, we see mistakes in hacking campaigns which allow us to work out who it was that did this.

NPR: Another major cybersecurity firm, Kaspersky Lab, very respected. We should mention Kaspersky is an NPR funder, and we do work with them on our computers. They said that there can be false flags. There can be a lack of reliable metrics. And Americans have gone through a situation with the Iraq War where there was talk of weapons of mass destruction, the intelligence community’s credibility was really called into question after that, but a President took this nation to war based on intelligence. I mean, are you absolutely certain here, or could we find later on down the road that there was some amazing hacker out there who was able to pull this off and make it look like Russia?

TAIT: One of the pieces of evidence that to me is more compelling than any other one is an email that was sent to John Podesta saying, hey we’re from Google, you need to change your password, and they sent him a link to click on. And when clicked on that link it took him to a page that wasn’t Google and asked him to input his password, and that’s how they hacked his account. But the URL shortening service that they used were able to basically look at the user that was logged in and discover all the other URLs they were shortening, and discovered this was not just the hack of John Podesta, it was the hack of a thousand people, and it becomes immediately, once you look at this, incredible to suggest this was a false flag operation. This was someone’s entire intelligence operation that was accidentally exposed due to this one error. So while false flag operations do exist and we have to always be on the lookout for them, the only plausible alternative explanation is that Russian intelligence was hacked. So it’s not credible to suggest this particular hack was a false flag operation.

NPR: It’s impossible that Russia’s intelligence community was hacked?

TAIT: In attribution, nothing is impossible, but this is about as impossible as it comes.

NPR: Matt Tait is founder and CEO of Capital Alpha Security, a cybersecurity firm in Britain. We should also note here Kaspersky Lab, whose doubts about the hack that we cited, has its headquarters in Moscow.

Face the Nation transcript April 2, 2017: Haley, Cornyn, King

DICKERSON: Vladimir Putin said that Russia did not interfere in the U.S. election. Did he lie?

HALEY: Well, I have always said we don’t trust Russia. And I think we’re all aware that Russia was involved in the elections.

You're welcome. Now don't EVER deny it again. I expect you to start condeming Russia, willfully blind monkey.
DNC hacker slams CrowdStrike, publishes opposition memo on Donald Trump

"But the fact is, someone targeted the DNC directly and that is news worth watching. At the same time, many experts felt it was a stretch to hype the incident as some sort of massive international conspiracy.

The hacker claiming responsibility for the DNC attack (using the alias Guccifer 2.0) mocked CrowdStrike's assessment that he was a sophisticated hacker group, noting that he was pleased the company "appreciated my skills so highly. But in fact, it was easy, very easy."

"Guccifer may have been the first one who penetrated Hillary Clinton’s and other Democrats’ mail servers. But he certainly wasn’t the last. No wonder any other hacker could easily get access to the DNC’s servers. Shame on CrowdStrike: Do you think I’ve been in the DNC’s networks for almost a year and saved only 2 documents? Do you really believe it?""

well comey stated just the opposite and I trust him there and never you.

Comey said nothing of the kind. He said that Trump wasn't personally under investigation at the time he was Director, but that the possibility existed that he could be in future.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Moron... read ... learn ...

BURR: Do you have any doubt that Russia attempted to interfere in the 2016 elections?

COMEY: None.

BURR: Do you have any doubt that the Russian government was behind the intrusions in the DNC and the DCCC systems, and the subsequent leaks of that information?

COMEY: No, no doubt.

BURR: Do you have any doubt that the Russian government was behind the cyber intrusion in the state voter files?

COMEY: No.

BURR: Do you have any doubt that officials of the Russian government were fully aware of these activities?

COMEY: No doubt.

Proving Comey the liar we all know he is. There is no way for him to know if Russia hacked the DNC, he, nor anyone at the FBI was allowed to examine the server.
Your idiocy aside, jc456, to whom I posted, says he trusts Comey. So I showed him Comey testifying there is no doubt the Russians hacked us. That's a reality he can no longer lucidly deny.

Taking the word of an admited person of little integrity is the definition of lunacy.

Another lie by a liberal turd. Where did I defend a foreign nation cyber attack? Fucking idiot.
If you don't condemn such activity, then you are a willing lackey and dupe of the Russians.
I condemn anyone from interfering in our country. Now prove someone actually did? All interference at the moment is lefturds making false accusations at the people's president. Obviously not theirs.

Wrong. Trump has acknowledged the Russians interfered, as have other Republicans.

But the question remains, why is Trump so afraid of this investigation? His behaviour screams guilty as hell. Innocent people don't care what the investigation finds, they just want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Only someone who is guilty fires the guy who won't shut down the investigation.
Good, since you trust Comey, you can no longer deny the Russians hacked our election...

BURR: Do you have any doubt that Russia attempted to interfere in the 2016 elections?

BURR: Do you have any doubt that the Russian government was behind the intrusions in the DNC and the DCCC systems, and the subsequent leaks of that information?

BURR: Do you have any doubt that the Russian government was behind the cyber intrusion in the state voter files?

BURR: Do you have any doubt that officials of the Russian government were fully aware of these activities?

You're willfully overlooking a key word in that exchange. "Attempted ". They hacked into state election board systems in an attempt to hack disrupt the system, but they failed. So no, they didn't "hack the election". Words matter and they matter a lot. Liberals throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks isn't going to get you what you want. Logic and reason will kick your ass every time.

The FBI never looked at the DNC server. EVAH
The Russians did a lot more than hack the DNC server, willfully blind monkey.

That's how I know you are a willfully blind monkey. You parroting tards give yourselves away. :lol:

moneky_blind.jpg

I see no proof!
Did the FBI look at the DNC server, yes or no?
What does that have to do with Russian collusion and attacks on our electoral system?

What would be very interesting is if the Russians hacked the DNC server but not the GOP server.
what's funny, unless the DNC allows the FBI to look at their server, than you have neither.

The FBI never looked at the DNC server. EVAH
The Russians did a lot more than hack the DNC server, willfully blind monkey.

That's how I know you are a willfully blind monkey. You parroting tards give yourselves away. :lol:

moneky_blind.jpg

I see no proof!
Did the FBI look at the DNC server, yes or no?
What does that have to do with Russian collusion and attacks on our electoral system?

What would be very interesting is if the Russians hacked the DNC server but not the GOP server.
what investigation are you referring to? The only investigation is a counter intelligence one on hacking the election by russia by the FBI. what are you referring to?
Why are you not reading the links? Why are you REFUSING to read all those links?

This is absolutely fascinating.

Oh. I know why. They are longer than a tweet!

"tl/dnr lol"

moneky_blind.jpg

I see no proof!
I explained it to you. obviously you have no reading skills. Yates and Clapper mean nothing and say nothing. The one link was not evidence as I posted in another post.

Cybersecurity Expert Is Convinced Russia Was Behind DNC Hacking

he's convinced. Not he has evidence. just he is convinced. Unless one traps a hacker, then one can't prove a hacker. so. feel free to pull out of this piece the abstract that backs a hack as evidence. and the phrase, 'I'm Convinced" doesn't qualify.

and then there is this:
https://www.wired.com/2017/01/fbi-says-democratic-party-wouldnt-let-agents-see-hacked-email-servers/
"Questions about the Democratic National Committee hack and Russia's alleged involvement have been swirling for months, and have intensified as the intelligence community prepares to brief president-elect Donald Trump about its conclusions on Friday and release a declassified report next week. Ahead of this announcement, the DNC told Buzzfeed on Wednesday that neither the FBI nor any other intelligence agency ever did an independent assessment of the organization's breached servers. Instead, they alleged, the FBI relied exclusively on information from private digital forensics company Crowdstrike. Now the FBI is refuting this account of the events."

and there is this:

DNC hacker slams CrowdStrike, publishes opposition memo on Donald Trump

"But the fact is, someone targeted the DNC directly and that is news worth watching. At the same time, many experts felt it was a stretch to hype the incident as some sort of massive international conspiracy.

The hacker claiming responsibility for the DNC attack (using the alias Guccifer 2.0) mocked CrowdStrike's assessment that he was a sophisticated hacker group, noting that he was pleased the company "appreciated my skills so highly. But in fact, it was easy, very easy."

"Guccifer may have been the first one who penetrated Hillary Clinton’s and other Democrats’ mail servers. But he certainly wasn’t the last. No wonder any other hacker could easily get access to the DNC’s servers. Shame on CrowdStrike: Do you think I’ve been in the DNC’s networks for almost a year and saved only 2 documents? Do you really believe it?""

The White House provided evidence gathered on Russia’s hacking efforts and reasons why the U.S. considered it dangerously aggressive. Russia responded by asking for more information and providing assurances that it would look into the matter even as the hacking continued, according to the two people familiar with the response.

In early July 2016, a contractor who works two or three days a week at the state board of elections detected unauthorized data leaving the network, according to Ken Menzel, general counsel for the Illinois board of elections. The hackers had gained access to the state’s voter database, which contained information such as names, dates of birth, genders, driver’s licenses and partial Social Security numbers on 15 million people, half of whom were active voters. As many as 90,000 records were ultimately compromised.

----------------------------

Wow, and remember, Trump only won by 77 thousand in three states.

I'm sure Republicans aren't seeing a problem. After all, they now love Russia. They think Putin is great.

If Republicans love Putin, which they do, then they must admit they love Saddam. After all, there really isn't much of a difference between Putin and Saddam. Except Putin is Trump's boss. Putin is the proud owner of an Orange Haired Russian Poodle. His "papers" show he is pure bred Manchurian.

This is part of the information Reality Winner leaked and is now facing charges over.
What we know about Reality Winner - CNNPolitics.com

"RUSSIAN MILITARY INTELLIGENCE
executed a cyberattack on at least one U.S. voting software supplier and sent spear-phishing emails to more than 100 local election officials just days before last November’s presidential election, according to a highly classified intelligence report obtained by The Intercept.

The top-secret National Security Agency document, which was provided anonymously to The Intercept and independently authenticated, analyzes intelligence very recently acquired by the agency about a months-long Russian intelligence cyber effort against elements of the U.S. election and voting infrastructure. The report, dated May 5, 2017, is the most detailed U.S. government account of Russian interference in the election that has yet come to light."

Top-Secret NSA Report Details Russian Hacking Effort Days Before 2016 Election

Funny but Reality Winner is facing charges over leaking information about the Russians. While JULIAN ASSANGE--(Wikileaks founder) just leaked thousand's of classified CIA documents informing terorists the tactics used to catch them. Trumps' new CIA chief Pompeo loved Wikileaks during the campaign season, but just labeled Wikileaks a HOSTILE intelligence source of this nation that often works with Russia.
Analyst says WikiLeaks dump 'devastating' for CIA - CNNPolitics.com
CIA director Mike Pompeo says WikiLeaks is a hostile intelligence service.
Why is Julian Assange still inside the embassy of Ecuador?

You're right Trump & his supporters LOVE the Russians & Julian Assange

Trump mentioned Wikileaks 164 times in last month of election, now claims it didn’t impact one…

elections-cartoon-hacking-issue-20817865-mmmain.jpg

Last edited:
Yet the reality remains that no one is even accusing "the Russians" of changing a single vote. Unlike the way we influence foreign nations' governments, with drone strikes, bombs and arms shipments.

Ahahahaha, Yeah, no one is accusing them of doing anything. Maybe they were downloading new episodes of "Orange is the new Black"

Who know why someone would hack voting machines, right?
To get information, of course. Every dufus knows that, and smart people too.

Tell you what, show me where "the Russians" managed to change votes?

Yet the reality remains that no one is even accusing the Russians of getting any information either. According to you that means it never happened.

Or are you changing your deflection with every response?
"According to you"? Nice hop down the bunny trail there. Care to return to reality? You've intimated that the Russians had to have changed votes because they accessed some servers. I'd like to know if you're basing that on something more than the voices.

That's what you said "no one has accused the russians of changing votes" as a defense. No one has accused them of getting information either. Would you like to change that defense? Because you can't have it both ways
What defense? It would be nice for everyone to be on the same page about what actually happened and how Trump and DA ROOSHANS managed to single handedly deny Queen Hillary her birthright to the throne.

Ahahahaha, Yeah, no one is accusing them of doing anything. Maybe they were downloading new episodes of "Orange is the new Black"

Who know why someone would hack voting machines, right?

Yet the reality remains that no one is even accusing the Russians of getting any information either. According to you that means it never happened.

"According to you"? Nice hop down the bunny trail there. Care to return to reality? You've intimated that the Russians had to have changed votes because they accessed some servers. I'd like to know if you're basing that on something more than the voices.

That's what you said "no one has accused the russians of changing votes" as a defense. No one has accused them of getting information either. Would you like to change that defense? Because you can't have it both ways
What defense? It would be nice for everyone to be on the same page about what actually happened and how Trump and DA ROOSHANS managed to single handedly deny Queen Hillary her birthright to the throne.

It would be nice if you didn't deflect and provide BS excuses only to go back on them 1 post later

The White House provided evidence gathered on Russia’s hacking efforts and reasons why the U.S. considered it dangerously aggressive. Russia responded by asking for more information and providing assurances that it would look into the matter even as the hacking continued, according to the two people familiar with the response.

In early July 2016, a contractor who works two or three days a week at the state board of elections detected unauthorized data leaving the network, according to Ken Menzel, general counsel for the Illinois board of elections. The hackers had gained access to the state’s voter database, which contained information such as names, dates of birth, genders, driver’s licenses and partial Social Security numbers on 15 million people, half of whom were active voters. As many as 90,000 records were ultimately compromised.

----------------------------

Wow, and remember, Trump only won by 77 thousand in three states.

I'm sure Republicans aren't seeing a problem. After all, they now love Russia. They think Putin is great.

If Republicans love Putin, which they do, then they must admit they love Saddam. After all, there really isn't much of a difference between Putin and Saddam. Except Putin is Trump's boss. Putin is the proud owner of an Orange Haired Russian Poodle. His "papers" show he is pure bred Manchurian.

Here's a clue for the clueless, just because they got in doesn't mean they could change anything.

How fucking stupid are you really?

It would be nice if you didn't deflect and provide BS excuses only to go back on them 1 post later
Excuses for what? Somebody found and published the truth about Hillary and the DNC. That happened, and the good news is that she is not living in the White House.

There's no indication that votes were switched after being cast. Heck, there's no indication of the stuff we do to other countries to get a government we like better. Just ask Ghaddafi how much respect Obama and Hillary had for his country's policies.

I'm cynically mocking the less intellectually rigorous who are shocked, just shocked, I tells ya, that some other country would try to get an American administration they prefer. What, you think they're just going to sit by and hope when they can at least get information they might be able to use later? Assuming DA ROOSHANS really did it, you should be glad they released it. Had they not and Hillary won, they would have had excellent blackmail material.

In fact, that's a strong argument for them NOT having done it. The smart use of such information lies in the leverage it gives you, not in jumping up and down yelling, "Look what I have".

Comey said nothing of the kind. He said that Trump wasn't personally under investigation at the time he was Director, but that the possibility existed that he could be in future.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Moron... read ... learn ...

Proving Comey the liar we all know he is. There is no way for him to know if Russia hacked the DNC, he, nor anyone at the FBI was allowed to examine the server.
Your idiocy aside, jc456, to whom I posted, says he trusts Comey. So I showed him Comey testifying there is no doubt the Russians hacked us. That's a reality he can no longer lucidly deny.

Taking the word of an admited person of little integrity is the definition of lunacy.
Why are you whining to me? Save your bitching for jc456. He said he trusts Comey.

If you don't condemn such activity, then you are a willing lackey and dupe of the Russians.
I condemn anyone from interfering in our country. Now prove someone actually did? All interference at the moment is lefturds making false accusations at the people's president. Obviously not theirs.

Wrong. Trump has acknowledged the Russians interfered, as have other Republicans.

But the question remains, why is Trump so afraid of this investigation? His behaviour screams guilty as hell. Innocent people don't care what the investigation finds, they just want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Good, since you trust Comey, you can no longer deny the Russians hacked our election...

You're willfully overlooking a key word in that exchange. "Attempted ". They hacked into state election board systems in an attempt to hack disrupt the system, but they failed. So no, they didn't "hack the election". Words matter and they matter a lot. Liberals throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks isn't going to get you what you want. Logic and reason will kick your ass every time.
Is English too tough for ya? Their attempts were successful. Look at the second of those questions...

Excuses for what? Somebody found and published the truth about Hillary and the DNC. That happened, and the good news is that she is not living in the White House.

There's no indication that votes were switched after being cast. Heck, there's no indication of the stuff we do to other countries to get a government we like better. Just ask Ghaddafi how much respect Obama and Hillary had for his country's policies.

I'm cynically mocking the less intellectually rigorous who are shocked, just shocked, I tells ya, that some other country would try to get an American administration they prefer. What, you think they're just going to sit by and hope when they can at least get information they might be able to use later? Assuming DA ROOSHANS really did it, you should be glad they released it. Had they not and Hillary won, they would have had excellent blackmail material.

In fact, that's a strong argument for them NOT having done it. The smart use of such information lies in the leverage it gives you, not in jumping up and down yelling, "Look what I have".
Stop with the strawman... no one is claiming votes already cast were altered.

Is English too tough for ya? Their attempts were successful. Look at the second of those questions...

No one disputes they were able to access data. But what precisely were they able to do with or to that data that actually interfered with the election? Nothing. It was a free and fair election and Trump won. I understand that you and others just can't wrap your little spoon fed minds around it, but there it is. Good luck in 2020. Given the lack of real reflection going on and the large amount of excuses being made, I think you're going to be in for an additional four years of heartbreak if you continue to believe the American people want socialist policies and that Hillary was a great candidate.

Define "interfere".

Define "interfere".
funny they can't.

No one disputes they were able to access data. But what precisely were they able to do with or to that data that actually interfered with the election? Nothing. It was a free and fair election and Trump won. I understand that you and others just can't wrap your little spoon fed minds around it, but there it is. Good luck in 2020. Given the lack of real reflection going on and the large amount of excuses being made, I think you're going to be in for an additional four years of heartbreak if you continue to believe the American people want socialist policies and that Hillary was a great candidate.
Great. :eusa_doh: You get caught telling one lie, so then you move onto another lie. Figures.

Firs you try to pretend like they didn't actually hack us; that they only "attempted." Called on that lie, you acquiesce, ok, so they hacked us; but then you lie and claim they were able to do "nothing" with the data they obtained from their hacking.

What they were able to do with it was release dirt they found on Democrats. There's no question that cost votes. Was it enough to affect the outcome of the election? We may never know. But to pretend it had no impact at all on the election is brutally dishonest.

Forum List

Back