Twinkies Raised from The Dead.

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
And were not talking about Anthony Wiener..

I don't know, it's just funny to me...

------------------------

Twinkies will soon be making a triumphant return to store shelves, according to Hostess' website.

The company, which went bankrupt in 2012 and is under new management, is touting the return on July 15 as "the sweetest comeback in the history of ever."

Hostess is now owned by the private equity firms Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Co.

"America wanted Hostess back -- they wanted the original. Very soon consumers will once again be able to enjoy Twinkies, CupCakes and other great Hostess snack cakes. A comeback by any other name could never be as sweet," Daren Metropoulos, principal of Metropoulos & Co., said in a statement to ABC News.

Fans were devastated when Hostess was forced to close its doors and shut down its Twinkie production last year.

According to The Associated Press, stores sold out of the golden cakes hours after Hostess announced it would no longer be making the creme-filled snacks.

Fans also took to Facebook, creating pages called "R.I.P. Twinkies" and "Save the Twinkies."

Twinkies Set to Make Sweetest Comeback - ABC News

Last edited:
Twinkies....
Good to have them back....
God,guns and the favorite American treat.

Nice...

Actually, the Hedge funds sucked the life out of that brand like the cream filling out of spongy body, leaving only an unappetizing husk.

A few more years of these vultures, Twinkies will probably be all the American worker can afford.

Enthusiastically waiting for the chemically preserved deliciousness to hit store shelves. They better taste the same.

Actually, the Hedge funds sucked the life out of that brand like the cream filling out of spongy body, leaving only an unappetizing husk.

A few more years of these vultures, Twinkies will probably be all the American worker can afford.
Oh, come on, JoeB131. You lefties got Hollyweird in yer pockets. Make them put the smooch on the Hostess people to fortify twinkies with antioxidants and vitamins. Use your charm and personality and natty clothing to convince the beautiful people to promise nice promos for Hostess for this little favor. I'm counting on you!

Pretty please?

Enthusiastically waiting for the chemically preserved deliciousness to hit store shelves. They better taste the same.
Well, you and Joe can team up and make 'em make them taste even better than before.

Why if you added a Raspberry antioxidant, it has not only a calming effect on ladies, it also turns on calorie burners in the body chemically. I was just reading the other day in one of my scientific nutritional journals about antioxidants and vitamins in ordinary fruit.

Yom! Raspberry Twinkies that slim ya down! Who'd a thunk it?

And were not talking about Anthony Wiener..

I don't know, it's just funny to me...
------------------------
Twinkies will soon be making a triumphant return to store shelves, according to Hostess' website.

The company, which went bankrupt in 2012 and is under new management, is touting the return on July 15 as "the sweetest comeback in the history of ever."

Hostess is now owned by the private equity firms Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Co.

"America wanted Hostess back -- they wanted the original. Very soon consumers will once again be able to enjoy Twinkies, CupCakes and other great Hostess snack cakes. A comeback by any other name could never be as sweet," Daren Metropoulos, principal of Metropoulos & Co., said in a statement to ABC News.

Fans were devastated when Hostess was forced to close its doors and shut down its Twinkie production last year.

According to The Associated Press, stores sold out of the golden cakes hours after Hostess announced it would no longer be making the creme-filled snacks.

Fans also took to Facebook, creating pages called "R.I.P. Twinkies" and "Save the Twinkies."

Twinkies Set to Make Sweetest Comeback - ABC News

:woohoo:

Oh, come on, JoeB131. You lefties got Hollyweird in yer pockets. Make them put the smooch on the Hostess people to fortify twinkies with antioxidants and vitamins. Use your charm and personality and natty clothing to convince the beautiful people to promise nice promos for Hostess for this little favor. I'm counting on you!

Pretty please?

I think you miss the point. Here, let me draw you a picture.

hostess-brands-debt-graph.png

So we all get to work for less so the 1% can have more? You really think this is good for anyone?

Twinkies are going to be frozen now to extend their shelf life.

So, that technically does not make them Risen From The Dead...it makes them cryogenically preserved.

Pretty please?

I think you miss the point. Here, let me draw you a picture.

hostess-brands-debt-graph.png

So we all get to work for less so the 1% can have more? You really think this is good for anyone?
Do you want more jobs for unemployed people or do you want them shipped frozen from overseas? It's really up to you. I was just thinking that a product that once made people fat could be converted to a calorie burning product that tastes better than the old and turn your wife into Twiggy. :lol:

I never really cared for twinkies. I liked the Ho Ho's and Chocodillies and the cupcakes...but twinkies? Blech.

So, that technically does not make them Risen From The Dead...it makes them cryogenically preserved.

Sheesh.. nothing.. gets past your quality assurance perusal...:lmao:

Yebbut will they be shipped from China or Made in the USA (TM)?

[
Do you want more jobs for unemployed people or do you want them shipped frozen from overseas? It's really up to you. I was just thinking that a product that once made people fat could be converted to a calorie burning product that tastes better than the old and turn your wife into Twiggy. :lol:

I always have to ask, why is it when you guys say, "Don't you want jobs", it's never the wealthy who have to do with a few less Dressage Horsies.

Nope. It's the working guy who has to accept less wages and benefits and pensions.

Oh, Lumpy, I think boedicca's wonderful for using the word cryogenic. Used to, only athletes used the word, then fast-freezer folks did. Sometimes you have to apply the frost and cold! :woohoo:

[

I always have to ask, why is it when you guys say, "Don't you want jobs", it's never the wealthy who have to do with a few less Dressage Horsies.

Nope. It's the working guy who has to accept less wages and benefits and pensions.
I hate to burst your bubble, Joe. I'm a seamstress who in retirement, sews only for charity bees, and I'm learning to live on a fixed income after working my butt off for next to nothing for 23 years, doing 80 hour weeks and barely paying the rent and utilities for a marginal business. :lol:

Oh, Lumpy, I think boedicca's wonderful for using the word cryogenic. Used to, only athletes used the word, then fast-freezer folks did. Sometimes you have to apply the frost and cold! :woohoo:

A title with "Cryo Twink" would have been so much better...:(

Last edited:
[

I hate to burst your bubble, Joe. I'm a seamstress who in retirement, sews only for charity bees, and I'm learning to live on a fixed income after working my butt off for next to nothing for 23 years, doing 80 hour weeks and barely paying the rent and utilities for a marginal business. :lol:

Exactly my point. Why should that be the case?

You see, here's the thing, instead of directing your anger at the people who were obviously abusing your labor, you are angry at the guys who managed to be in a union and got themselves a fair deal.

It's kind of like an arsonist burns down your house, and instead of wanting him arrested, you want them to burn down your neighbor's house, too.

Frozen Twinkies are not Twinkies any more.

Forum List

Back