Twitter Bans Alex Jones Permanently

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Twitter has permanently banned accounts for conservative radio host Alex Jones and InfoWars from the platform, the company said Thursday.

The accounts violated the company's abusive behavior policies, Twitter said in a series of tweets. The ban comes weeks after Jones was banned or suspended by other major tech companies like Apple, Facebook and YouTube.

Twitter had initially declined to take disciplinary action against Jones, saying the accounts had not violated community guidelines, but later suspended him for a period of seven days.

Twitter bans Alex Jones — permanently

I have to admit, I didn't see this coming.

Twitter has permanently banned accounts for conservative radio host Alex Jones and InfoWars from the platform, the company said Thursday.

The accounts violated the company's abusive behavior policies, Twitter said in a series of tweets. The ban comes weeks after Jones was banned or suspended by other major tech companies like Apple, Facebook and YouTube.

Twitter had initially declined to take disciplinary action against Jones, saying the accounts had not violated community guidelines, but later suspended him for a period of seven days.

Jones has been particularly.....unhinged, of late. His confrontation with Rubio was especially unbalanced.

Jones has been particularly.....unhinged, of late. His confrontation with Rubio was especially unbalanced.

His exchange yesterday with the reporter from CNN was worse.

Good news. I am all for free speech but the things that inbred simian says shouldnt be allowed to see the light of day.

I disagree. I think Jones should be able to express himself to his heart's content. And if the government ever tried to shut him up, I'd stand shoulder to shoulder with that deranged douche nozzle protesting for his freedom of speech.

But his freedom from government infringement of his rights has jack shit to do with a company refusing to allow him to use their platform to share his views.

His exchange today with the reporter from CNN was worse.

Do tell! Are you referring to his 'interview' with Oliver Darcy?

upload_2018-9-6_18-10-3.png

tenor.gif

His exchange today with the reporter from CNN was worse.

Do tell! Are you referring to his 'interview' with Oliver Darcy?

My mistake, it was yesterday:

But his freedom from government infringement of his rights has jack shit to do with a company refusing to allow him to use their platform to share his views.

The problem occurs when the company merges with the government in some way.

Similar to how facebook uses a four person firm headed by one of Obama's former oofficials to decide what gets censored and what des not, on their platform.

Ultimately, the social media platforms and the feds have a vested interest in controlling the narrative. Especially given that they're global platforms that reach all over the world. They're more and more serving as a reflection and mouth piece of/for the feds who control our failed foreign policy.

Good news. I am all for free speech but the things that inbred simian says shouldnt be allowed to see the light of day.

I disagree. I think Jones should be able to express himself to his heart's content. And if the government ever tried to shut him up, I'd stand shoulder to shoulder with that deranged douche nozzle protesting for his freedom of speech.

I guess youre right now that I think about it. I am still glad the private company has decided to not give him a platform.

"I'm all for free speech, but...."

The authoritarian's slogan.

There's always an excuse for authoritarians.

Which is why my support of freedom from government infringement of speech is pretty much universal. Short of immediate incitement to riot, I think the government should stay the hell out of it. The best remedy for speech is more speech.

"I'm all for free speech, but...." The authoritarian's slogan. There's always an excuse for authoritarians.
Which is why my support of freedom from government infringement of speech is pretty much universal. Short of immediate incitement to riot, I think the government should stay the hell out of it. The best remedy for speech is more speech.
Nice to know I'm not alone here.

I've never read much of anything from Jones, only what I see posted in places like this, but remember this - First they came for the self-described infowarriors. But I was not a self-described infowarrior.

People who participate in coercion most often know very little of its function. And absolutely nothing of its consequence in the long run.

It should come as no surprise that just as soon as he testified before Congress that Jones was permabanned.

These companies want to be regulated. It empowers them.It protects them. It empowers them because they always pen their own regulation. And the government gets what they want from them in return. Again, they both have a vested interest in controlling the narrative.

We call the merge of corporation and state fascism. And rightly so. Because that's precisely what it is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back