Twitter To Censor Trump Tweets Ahead Of 2020 Election

It should be regulated like the NYT, NBC, FOX, etc. all I am saying

Yeah. Suddenly Republicans are all about regulating business. :eyeroll:

only the one's that are mean to Republicans.

Of course. I wonder if they think anyone takes their arguments seriously. It's painfully obvious what this is about. Trumpsters want to use government to punish companies who disagree with them. Buncha chickenshit authoritarians with a bag full of excuses.

Twitter is not a private company. It is a public company.
Learn about Private Company

What a Public Company Is and How It Is Valued

Good grief. You're just equivocating. The salient point, in this conversation, is whether the company is publicly owned and operated by government, or privately held by investors. Several of you are pushing the idea that these companies should be treated as "public utilities" - essentially nationalizing them, converting them from privately owned companies to "public" companies.

It should be regulated like the NYT, NBC, FOX, etc. all I am saying

Yeah. Suddenly Republicans are all about regulating business. :eyeroll:

only the one's that are mean to Republicans.

Of course. I wonder if they think anyone takes their arguments seriously. It's painfully obvious what this is about. Trumpsters want to use government to punish companies (anyone, really) who disagrees with them. Buncha chickenshit authoritarians with a bag full of excuses.

I am not a Trumpster LoL. My spirit animal is Ben Shapiro. I believe that Twitter should do as it wants to but should be regulated as such. Bank of America is regulated as a Bank not as a Mezz Fund. Twitter should be regulated as a journalism provider not a data conduit. That is all.

I am not a Trumpster LoL. My spirit animal is Ben Shapiro. I believe that Twitter should do as it wants to but should be regulated as such. Bank of America is regulated as a Bank not as a Mezz Fund. .
If Bank of America was 'regulated', it would have been chopped up into little pieces in 2008, along with Wells Fargo, Citigroup, GS, JPMC.....

I am not a Trumpster LoL. My spirit animal is Ben Shapiro. I believe that Twitter should do as it wants to but should be regulated as such. Bank of America is regulated as a Bank not as a Mezz Fund. .
If Bank of America was 'regulated', it would have been chopped up into little pieces in 2008, along with Wells Fargo, Citigroup, GS, JPMC.....

Wrong. You're off topic and your post is ignorant. Adults are speaking, please go away Leftist.

Really? Show proof that AT&T can decide to ban based on political affiliation please. I would love to see that. Because that is exactly what Twitter is doing and hence this debate. I use Verizon and I have not even once heard of them trying to censor people. NOT ONCE. It is a grown up site. Maybe you should start acting like one.

Twitter does not ban based upon political affiliation, there are literally millions of Republicans on Twitter.

ATT like Twitter has a TOS and unlike Twitter, ATT has to approve you prior to you using their service.

Which is subjective. Hence you’re not neutral.

Then no such thing exist, nor should it exist. A private company should always do what is best for its bottom line.

This isnt a private company. Its a public company.

Who knows what you mean by "public company", but Twitter is privately owned. It is not the property of the state.

Good grief. You're just equivocating. The salient point, in this conversation, is whether the company is publicly owned and operated by government, or privately held by investors. Several of you are pushing the idea that these companies should be treated as "public utilities" - essentially nationalizing them, converting them from privately owned companies to "public" companies.

Stop your nonsense. Its gone on long enough. You've spent your life telling Americans they cant fix their problems but just have to acquiesce. It IS YOUR PROGRAMMING. And that is that.

Not own regulate and f u Gator. You don’t want to keep it civil so be it. My argument is how they regulate not own. NYT and AT&at are both private but are regulated differently. You arrogant dink.

NYT and AT&at are both private but are regulated differently, as is Twitter yet you have a problem with that. You keep wanting to make it to be either NYT or ATT.

Nope. Twitter got a special exception as did Facebook. They said they were Internet conduits and didn’t police information. Bank of America is a public company and the Govt doesn’t tell the management team how to run the Bank however it has to comply with the regulations of a commercial bank. BAML has to follow different regulations than a debt or Mezz fund because BAML has people’s deposits that it is responsible for. Twitter is being regulated like just a conduit of information like AT&T but they are nothing like AT&T they are closer to the NYT than AT&T. Hence they should be regulated as such.

Since you’re an asshole here is an article for you to read from Bloomberg.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

They are far closer to ATT than than the times if you want to keep using this tired analogy.

The NY Times produces or pays for all of their content. They choose each and every story that is printed or posted under their name. you cannot put a story in the NY Times without prior approval of the content.

Twitter does none of these things, anyone and everyone that has not broken their TOS can post on Twitter with no prior approval and not screening of what is being posted prior to it showing up for anyone and everyone to see.

Twitter is about as close to the NY Times as a skateboard is to Formula 1 race car

He pretends to be defending a principle...but as you can see he is really defending Twitter.

The government should not be in the business of regulating the content of speech (outside of decency regulations, providing mechanisms whereby parents can protect their children, etc, and should therefore not regulate what Twitter allows, bans, etc. That being said, however, it does seem quite hypocritical to argue that Twitter should be free to deny service to some based on the content of what they wish to express, while arguing that an artist such as a baker should NOT be allowed to deny service to some based on the content of what they wish to express. I would argue that Twitter (and bakers) should both be free to control the content of what they produce. And this while thing is screaming for an entrepreneur. Should someone put together a message sharing platform similar to Twitter and the president use it, they would be guaranteed a following of millions and unparalleled access from the blamemainstreet media.

Maybe if the President stopped being such a troll on Twitter, Twitter wouldn't need to be a caution sticky on his posts. Let's see if Trump's need for attention gets him to tone it down so his posts remain uncovered and first in line.

Really? Show proof that AT&T can decide to ban based on political affiliation please. I would love to see that. Because that is exactly what Twitter is doing and hence this debate. I use Verizon and I have not even once heard of them trying to censor people. NOT ONCE. It is a grown up site. Maybe you should start acting like one.

Twitter does not ban based upon political affiliation, there are literally millions of Republicans on Twitter.

ATT like Twitter has a TOS and unlike Twitter, ATT has to approve you prior to you using their service.

They do? Show one example of AT&T banning someone. I can Show you dozens with Twitter.

Then no such thing exist, nor should it exist. A private company should always do what is best for its bottom line.

Who knows what you mean by "public company", but Twitter is privately owned. It is not the property of the state.

Stop your nonsense. Its gone on long enough. You've spent your life telling Americans they cant fix their problems but just have to acquiesce. It IS YOUR PROGRAMMING. And that is that.

I have? You’re retarded. LOL. Go back to your safe space.

Not own regulate and f u Gator. You don’t want to keep it civil so be it. My argument is how they regulate not own. NYT and AT&at are both private but are regulated differently. You arrogant dink.

NYT and AT&at are both private but are regulated differently, as is Twitter yet you have a problem with that. You keep wanting to make it to be either NYT or ATT.

Nope. Twitter got a special exception as did Facebook. They said they were Internet conduits and didn’t police information. Bank of America is a public company and the Govt doesn’t tell the management team how to run the Bank however it has to comply with the regulations of a commercial bank. BAML has to follow different regulations than a debt or Mezz fund because BAML has people’s deposits that it is responsible for. Twitter is being regulated like just a conduit of information like AT&T but they are nothing like AT&T they are closer to the NYT than AT&T. Hence they should be regulated as such.

Since you’re an asshole here is an article for you to read from Bloomberg.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

They are far closer to ATT than than the times if you want to keep using this tired analogy.

The NY Times produces or pays for all of their content. They choose each and every story that is printed or posted under their name. you cannot put a story in the NY Times without prior approval of the content.

Twitter does none of these things, anyone and everyone that has not broken their TOS can post on Twitter with no prior approval and not screening of what is being posted prior to it showing up for anyone and everyone to see.

Twitter is about as close to the NY Times as a skateboard is to Formula 1 race car

He pretends to be defending a principle...but as you can see he is really defending Twitter.

I am? How am I defending anything. I am Giving an opinion.

They do? Show one example of AT&T banning someone. I can Show you dozens with Twitter.

Twitter has 43 million users in the US and you are going to show me "dozens" of people banned! :21::21::21::21:

Prove it, dumbass. See if you can find some posts where I've said any such thing. You won't find them, because you're full of shit. And that, is that.

I have? You’re retarded. LOL. Go back to your safe space.

You seem to be confused. That was a response to my post. DOTR is a statist, like you. As in on your side.

But, by all means feel free to fight amongst yourselves, if that's where you poor reading comprehension leads you.

Twitter has 43 million users in the US and you are going to show me "dozens" of people banned! :21::21::21::21:

Thousands

Thousands

so now we have gone from dozens to thousands? :21::21:

Thousands

so now we have gone from dozens to thousands? :21::21:

Dozens that I know who are famous but there are a lot more and you’re moving the goal posts.

Forum List

Back