Twitter To Censor Trump Tweets Ahead Of 2020 Election

Yeah private business can do whatev er they want and refuse service to who ever they want

Unless youre a leftwing nazi drama queen fag harassing bakers

nazi-cake.gif

Yes! It's exactly the same principle. Government shouldn't have that kind of power.
Then why did you vote for obammy?

I didn't.

So, do you agree that government shouldn't have that kind of power?
Government should protect the public from crime and that’s it
Vague equivocation. Lovely.

Government shouldn't have the power to "go after" businesses who aren't toeing the party line. Businesses should be free to express their values in how they do business, and no government should have the power to take that away.
And yet it’s there. Ask Fox News

Twitter, like Google, Facebook, Instagram, and the others are a MONOPOLY.

I have been reading how legislatures need to rethink how monopolies are defined. Modern tech and media are a who,e new category.

What alternative is there to Facebook?

Twitter, like Google, Facebook, Instagram, and the others are a MONOPOLY.

I have been reading how legislatures need to rethink how monopolies are defined. Modern tech and media are a who,e new category.

What alternative is there to Facebook?

What alternative is there to any technology platform? Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Microsoft, etc. ALL Far Left Progressive Democrat supporters and Globalists.

So the NYT may write that you’re an alien and be Ok with it? There are certain rules to journalism and Twitter is closer to NYT than AT&T and should be regulated as such.

Twitter does not publish anything, they are a platform for others to post things. the NY Times is just the opposite.

They are all three separate types of entities and should all be treated differently.

you can repeat 1000 more time that Twitter is like ATT but it does not make it true.
If brought in under the same regulations, then they will all be the same. I thought Democrats loved that equality stuff ??

Allowing a rogue entity to exist outside of the loop, and doing things that aren't appropriate or right, uhhh isn't fair is it ???

Then they should not advertise or be classified as a neutral provider of content. They block what they deem is offensive. Subjective. Should be regulated as such imo. We are going in circles we need a third party to moderate.

Being a neutral provider of content does not prohibit you from blocking content that would damage your company.

Which is subjective. Hence you’re not neutral.

Then no such thing exist, nor should it exist. A private company should always do what is best for its bottom line.

This isnt a private company. Its a public company.

It is a private entity as in the government does not own or operate it.

I realize you think the government should own everything, but some of us do not agree with that

Not own regulate and f u Gator. You don’t want to keep it civil so be it. My argument is how they regulate not own. NYT and AT&at are both private but are regulated differently. You arrogant dink.

So you are for companies having total freedom as long as it suits your political agenda or angle, but if it is conservative companies all hell breaks loose if it goes off the plantation eh ???

Nope. I defend the freedoms of conservative companies too. When Democrats come after Fox news, I'll be fighting them just as hard.
Yeah ok.

Will you? If you all get your way, and establish federal authority to "regulate" internet media - will you be OK with Democrats using it get their way?
The fcc regulates FOX news, who regulates Twitter? At some point in your life talk apples to apples

If you get your way, the government will. Democrats are going to love that when they get back in power.
Neither is Bank of America but it’s regulated by the Govt nonetheless. This is an idiotic point by you.

Then they should not advertise or be classified as a neutral provider of content. They block what they deem is offensive. Subjective. Should be regulated as such imo. We are going in circles we need a third party to moderate.

Being a neutral provider of content does not prohibit you from blocking content that would damage your company.

Which is subjective. Hence you’re not neutral.

Then no such thing exist, nor should it exist. A private company should always do what is best for its bottom line.

This isnt a private company. Its a public company.

It is a private entity as in the government does not own or operate it.

I realize you think the government should own everything, but some of us do not agree with that
May not own everything, but once it gets done taxing it, and regulating it, is there anything left of that privacy ???

Every media outlet selectively censors...how will you decide which ones get free speech protections and which ones don't?

We're not talking about "free speech protections".. We're talking about immunizing a media platform for content that THEY don't create.. So if some hot-head troll slanders or libels somebody or incites a crime on their platform, the plaintiff can't INCLUDE their deep pockets in a law suit... They would have to go after the member who created the content...

USMB immunizes itself with a legal disclaimer in the Terms and Conditions, but could STILL BE sued and closed for not enforcing the "other terms and conditions" that appear there.. Twitter and the other giants got a special deal...

It's almost completely the same as the VACCINE companies got from the Feds.. I'm not completely opposed to DOING THIS -- but if they discriminate by OPINIONS or political affiliations --- as a public accommodation, they should LOSE their Federal legal immunity for content prosecution...

so are you saying platform owners should be able to be sued for the content that appears on their platforms?

Nope. What he is saying is that Twitter tells the Govt that they are like AT&T. They are just a conduit of messages. If I call you to discuss a bank robbery, AT&T is not liable as they are just a platform for communication. But imagine if AT&T blocked every fifth word or didn’t allow people who liked the color red to talk on their phone lines? They would then need to register as a different sort of company. If Twitter is like AT&T, which is their claim then what right do they have to censor anyone? They are just a conduit of information. Someone can get on the phone and state that they want to kill all 7 foot tall people and AT&T would not censor them. Twitter censors frequently and from what I read, mostly conservatives.
Mostly conservatives? Or is it, at this time, that is more conservatives who are engaging in the kind of content that breaks the TOS.

I don’t think the government should be involved in censoring the media beyond things that affect national security (such as recruiting for terrorists). I do however think that monopolies are a much bigger concern. What competition does twitter or fb have? If people are not happy where can they go?

Founder of Twitter admitted as much. They see people who are bothered by Trans as bad? But are hey really?

They do when it comes to regulations. 100%. They say they are just a conduit of content. But they aren’t as they choose which content people can post and which they cannot. As such they are more like a newspaper and should be held to those regulations. NYT and AT&T are not regulated the same way.

Newspapers produce what they publish or pay for it from other sources. They do not allow anyone to put an article in their paper, they hold 100% editorial control.

Sites like this and Twitter and even FB do not do that. They exercise some control over content but they do not produce the content and they do not pay for the content.

You are still comparing apples to oranges to pineapples.

Should this site be treated like a newspaper and be held responsible for every single thing you or I post?

I disagree with you! They do exactly as the newspapers do. Exercise editorial control by banning mostly conservatives. I am not comparing apples to oranges. Twitter is! This site doesn’t block content or those who post based on political identity and when you register you agree to the disclaimer that the site is not liable. But yes this site may still be sued!!! Twitter cannot as it received a special disclaimer from the govt
What conservatives are banned in newspapers and what is the reason given?

Name one conservative writer for the NYT? Media is Leftist. Reason being is they are assholes.

Yeah private business can do whatev er they want and refuse service to who ever they want

Unless youre a leftwing nazi drama queen fag harassing bakers

nazi-cake.gif

Yes! It's exactly the same principle. Government shouldn't have that kind of power.
Then why did you vote for obammy?

I didn't.

So, do you agree that government shouldn't have that kind of power?
Government should protect the public from crime and that’s it
After the Demon-crats figured out that to control government gives them the power to change this nation into the very thing they want for it to be, and this regardless of what the majority thinks in which has been proven in the past, has since come back to haunt.... The now known dumb spineless republicans have tolerated this con job for way to long now. It took crazy train Trump to go it alone, and to show this place the error of it's ways.

We are seeing the melt down of the left in all of this, because they know that if they lose their representation in government, then government can't be their strong arm, and their funding for their bullcrap.

The right’s contempt for a free press comes as no surprise, of course.

It’s consistent with conservatives’ desire to silence dissent and opposing views.

The ugly truth is -- Twitter goes to extraordinary lengths to HIDE the actual infractions that prompt perm bans.. I was searching for the reason that Milo Yiannopolous got booted and I'm STILL completely not sure.. Not only will the platform not point to the content that causes the ban -- when requested to do so by the banned, --- every tweet that caused the ban disappears from Twitter... EVEN from newspaper accounts of posts that were involved in the ban - because the articles in major journals were linked directly to the tweets...

It's like that neurolyzer tools that MIBlack have..They leave no HINT of what happened behind so other users might LEARN what not to do/say on Twitter.. That reaks of hiding from their "rules" and biases...

So Milo wrote a SCATHING review about the "all female" revival of Ghostbusters movie as tech editor for Breitbart.. In it he referred to Leslie Jones (SNLive former) performance as reminiscent of a bad minstrel act... Which to some is a terribly racist thing to say.. But the character played out all those black stereotypes that most of us aren't allowed to do anymore.. Only when you're in Hollywood with a $400Mill budget and correctly aligned politically -- could you DO a stunt like that..

When Jones was complaining on Twitter about the racist and bigoted hate mail she was receiving about the movie, Milo answered -- "FFS -- EVERYONE gets hate tweets".. That and apparently him RETWEETING some of the worser racial garbage got him banned. But NOBODY actually knows..... Including Milo...

No wonder folks are suing them... They hide from their actions like guilty people...

Censor liberal tweets the same way? Would that be too much to ask?

Yes, how about let free speech reign?

Exactly, let those who have been subpoenaed testify under oath live on TV and Radio.

Testifying under Subpoena is not free speech, bubba, it is coerced speech, but then, you are a Democrat, so it is understandable how you fail to distinguish between free and coerced forms of things.

. I do however think that monopolies are a much bigger concern. What competition does twitter or fb have? If people are not happy where can they go?
Founder of Twitter admitted as much. They see people who are bothered by Trans as bad? But are hey really?
I do not understand why people are so bother by a dude in a dress.

I am bothered by 'hate speech' codes that tell people to address them by their preferred pronouns, because I do not like coercion by the state, But I don't have a problem with it at all.

I don't use the F-bomb with religious people, the N-bomb with people offended by that, so I have no problem calling a he 'she' if that is what they prefer.

Not own regulate and f u Gator. You don’t want to keep it civil so be it. My argument is how they regulate not own. NYT and AT&at are both private but are regulated differently. You arrogant dink.

NYT and AT&at are both private but are regulated differently, as is Twitter yet you have a problem with that. You keep wanting to make it to be either NYT or ATT.

Forum List

Back