Two Questions for Atheists

... that devout Christian Hitler, who killed Jews for Jesus...

LOL that Hitler was a "devout" Christian. Thanks for the laugh!

“We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.” – Adolf Hitler

Hitler was religious

Religious views of Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia

Premise 1 was that you posted this question prior, and atheists were soo0o0o scared to answer they changed to being agnostic.

Thats as false today as it was when you first said it.

I never said anyone was "soooo scared" of anything. I just stated a fact. As we can clearly see in this thread so far, there seems to be an incredible reluctance for people to attest to Atheist belief. Hey, I am an optimist! I'd like to think that MOST people who don't believe in a God aren't Atheist and are, in fact, Agnostic. It gives me hope for humanity because it means they've not answered that internal question. There's still hope!

I believe most Agnostics are pussies
Atheism has such a bad connotation in our society. Claiming to be Agnostic is an easy way out
An agnostic is simply admitting to not knowing. Show me proof and I'm in.

No one can know for sure either way. It would be egotistical of me to say "I know for sure".

Do you hope that you are wrong or do you hope that you are right?
I don't consider it.

Do you ever have doubts about your Atheism?
No
That’s the interesting thing about atheists. Most are 100% certain about the unknowable.
That's the interesting thing about theists. Most are 100% certain about the unknowable.
Never met a theist who has not had a moment of doubt.

I dont believe in spirits and souls, so why wouldnt i?
Then you’re not agnostic.
Then what am i? I dont doubt the concept of a creator.
You’re a rare breed for not believing in an afterlife while open to the possibility of a creator. Interesting.
Why does an afterlife have to be tied to a creator? Why cant we have a creator and we just die?
Or what if there is an afterlife given to us by a creator and no soul?
Look at the Buddhists; they believe in the afterlife but not souls. They believe phenomena exists after death that is dissolved upon "nirvana" but not an "immortal soul"
Honestly, even being around Buddhists and Hindus a lot I can’t wrap my head around their beliefs.

I go to Christian churches and I can't wrap my brain around how all of you can be so gullible.

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.

In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison.

To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross.

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows.

For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe

I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.
-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Jesus never summoned men to fight against "Jews". He fought against the san hedrin.... and he fought against rome.

just saying

“We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.” – Adolf Hitler

Hitler was religious

That why he ordered all churches closed and pastors to be executed?

You’re a rare breed for not believing in an afterlife while open to the possibility of a creator. Interesting.
Why does an afterlife have to be tied to a creator? Why cant we have a creator and we just die?
Look at the Buddhists; they believe in the afterlife but not souls. They believe phenomena exists after death that is dissolved upon "nirvana" but not an "immortal soul"
Honestly, even being around Buddhists and Hindus a lot I can’t wrap my head around their beliefs.

I go to Christian churches and I can't wrap my brain around how all of you can be so gullible.
That I doubt.

Premise 1 was that you posted this question prior, and atheists were soo0o0o scared to answer they changed to being agnostic.

I never said anyone was "soooo scared" of anything. I just stated a fact. As we can clearly see in this thread so far, there seems to be an incredible reluctance for people to attest to Atheist belief. Hey, I am an optimist! I'd like to think that MOST people who don't believe in a God aren't Atheist and are, in fact, Agnostic. It gives me hope for humanity because it means they've not answered that internal question. There's still hope!

Atheism has such a bad connotation in our society. Claiming to be Agnostic is an easy way out

No one can know for sure either way. It would be egotistical of me to say "I know for sure".

But if you go to any Christian Church they are telling the Jesus stories like they are matter of fact.

Fact, God sent his son and impregnated Mary.

Fact, they crucified him and after 3 days he rose from the grave.

They tell these stories as factual not allegories.

That I doubt.
Well I do. My dad makes me go every now and again and I want to throw up watching the priest.

You’re viewing death as an end.
They only care about the afterlife and you just broke their tender hearts.

But if you go to any Christian Church they are telling the Jesus stories like they are matter of fact.

Fact, God sent his son and impregnated Mary.

Fact, they crucified him and after 3 days he rose from the grave.

They tell these stories as factual not allegories.
Sure. Most of the devout Christians I've talked to will be honest and use the word "faith". Faith isn't fact, it's faith.

But some will give you that condescending smile and nod of the head as if they're speaking to a naive child, and that's where they lose me.

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.

In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison.

To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross.

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows.

For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe

I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.
-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Obama claims to be a Christian too. A lot of people, for political purposes, have claimed to be a believer when, in fact, they are not. Additionally, it's pretty evident that Hitler did not believe in any of Christ's teachings as he certainly didn't follow them.
Name one

Do you hope that you are wrong or do you hope that you are right?
I don't consider it.

Do you ever have doubts about your Atheism?
No
That’s the interesting thing about atheists. Most are 100% certain about the unknowable.
That's the interesting thing about theists. Most are 100% certain about the unknowable.
Never met a theist who has not had a moment of doubt.
Nor have I been atheist my entire life.

Hitler was religious

Maybe towards the end but in the beginning he used the churches to get people to buy in. And boy did the churches go along. Let me remind you what Catholic priests did when they saw Hitler

priests-salute.jpg

Its very complicated, for sure lol.
But do you get what im saying?

ISIS believes in God.

But not the true God.
They believe in the abrahamic god
Actually Islam is not the God of Abraham.
judaism gave birth to christianity and islam. Islam and christianity both believe god revealed himself to abraham. They also believe he is the creator and writer of moral law.
I mean there are differences just like baptist and church of christ but the basis is the same.
Islam was born 600 years after Jesus. Just another cult spinoff.

Is it possible that it's not so much that God "kills" children, but rather, permits the law of nature to run its course, which sometimes entails that children die? In fact and, if indeed a paradise awaits us upon our physical death, could it be said that leaving this existence as a young child is actually a "good" thing?

You see, that LIAR edthecynic eliminated the first four words of my post to change my message. edthecynic is the epitome of a LIAR.
This also proves my post calling you a liar. You clearly said they deserved it, meaning is was actually GOOD God murdered them.

Hitler was religious

Maybe towards the end but in the beginning he used the churches to get people to buy in. And boy did the churches go along. Let me remind you what Catholic priests did when they saw Hitler

priests-salute.jpg
Yes, Hitler used the church to gain control. Doesn’t mean he was a believer.

Forum List

Back