Two Questions for Atheists

When God authorizes the nation of Israel to wipe out a people, it is a lawful execution due to their rebellion and sin against God.
IOW, genocide is OK as long as you rationalize that God ordered it and you win.
Would you be sad if every member of ISIS was killed today?
ISIS believes in God.
A god. And atheists have murdered over 200 million the past century so get off your soapbox.
Only if you are stupid enough to believe for example that devout Christian Hitler, who killed Jews for Jesus, was an atheist can you swallow that phony number.
Of course, your God killed billions in a flood!!!

ISIS believes in God.
A god. And atheists have murdered over 200 million the past century so get off your soapbox.
Who did what?
Who’s who?
I just realized you ask but don't answer.
Want me to preach or get people to draw their own conclusions?

Why do you not answer my question directly? Why do you have to parse it and obfuscate?

My friend, there comes a time to stop casting your pearls to the swine and to cast them to another who might appreciate your knowledge and wisdom. Jesus said so himself. He also said to "let the dead bury their dead". Jesus knew many would reject him and so he advised his apostles to move on to greener pastures, so to speak.
Boss isn't a Christian. He rejects Jesus too.

When God authorizes the nation of Israel to wipe out a people, it is a lawful execution due to their rebellion and sin against God.
IOW, genocide is OK as long as you rationalize that God ordered it and you win.
ISIS believes in God.
Only if you are stupid enough to believe for example that devout Christian Hitler, who killed Jews for Jesus, was an atheist can you swallow that phony number.
Of course, your God killed billions in a flood!!!
Here we go, off to only stupid people are Christians and Hitler was a devout Christian blather.

Obviously your capacity for thought has been reached.

Back a few weeks ago, I posed my first question to Atheists and I was surprised how suddenly we had so many posters proclaim themselves "Agnostic!" It was an amazing thing to see. We constantly get bombarded with the so-called "naysayers" on this forum regularly but for some odd reason, my question turned them away from Atheism to Agnosticism instantly. I don't think I ever got an honest answer to my question. So I decided it would be a good idea for a thread OP.

First Question for Atheists:

Do you hope that you are wrong or do you hope that you are right?

It's not a trick question. It's relatively easy. Just answer it honestly. If you can't answer, perhaps you need to ask yourself the question in quiet contemplation? How you answer is important and I will explain later.

The second question is:

Do you ever have doubts about your Atheism?

Again, not a trick question, relatively easy to answer.

Now, I wish that I could take credit for these profoundly brilliant questions but I can't. They are presented by Dennis Prager in an article he posted some time back. I will outline a little more about what he had to say later on. For now, I just want to get some feedback from our Atheist contingent... if we have one.
What does hope have to do with it? Do I think I'm right or do I think I'm wrong? I think I'm right.

No doubts. I am 99.999% sure there is no god. It's that .000001% that makes me agnostic.

If there is no atheists (because no one can know 100% that there is no god. You'd have to be a god yourself) then there is no theists. Do theists know 100% that there is a god? No they do not. So if there is no atheists then there is no theists.

And you are not a god in waiting Boss. Your spirit doesn't live for eternity after you die. That would make you a god. Now do I hope I'm a god in waiting? Sure. That's why humans invented god.

It's simply a question to ponder. Do you hope that you are wrong? Do you hope that you're right? You must have some opinion there. What we can't seem to get to is what that is. I think that is very revealing of your truest feelings. Everyone always THINKS they are right about what they believe, that wasn't what I asked.

Did you forget I already answered your question in another thread. If guys like me go to heaven of course I hope I'm wrong. If Christians are right and only through Jesus do people go to heaven, I hope I'm right. I don't want to go to hell.

But I won't let that want or hope get in the way of what I BELIEVE. That's your problem. You want it so bad you're able to suspend logic and make up shit in order to "believe" in this creator.

You even have conversations with it and you think it's got your back. Keep in mind so did I before I turned atheist. My mom always said, "every Greek feels like they have a personal relationship with god". So I went around talking to it and asking it for things. Sometimes I even do it today and then I remind myself I'm talking to nothing.

It's actually a good question. Good thread Boss.

Back a few weeks ago, I posed my first question to Atheists and I was surprised how suddenly we had so many posters proclaim themselves "Agnostic!" It was an amazing thing to see. We constantly get bombarded with the so-called "naysayers" on this forum regularly but for some odd reason, my question turned them away from Atheism to Agnosticism instantly. I don't think I ever got an honest answer to my question. So I decided it would be a good idea for a thread OP.

First Question for Atheists:

Do you hope that you are wrong or do you hope that you are right?

It's not a trick question. It's relatively easy. Just answer it honestly. If you can't answer, perhaps you need to ask yourself the question in quiet contemplation? How you answer is important and I will explain later.

The second question is:

Do you ever have doubts about your Atheism?

Again, not a trick question, relatively easy to answer.

Now, I wish that I could take credit for these profoundly brilliant questions but I can't. They are presented by Dennis Prager in an article he posted some time back. I will outline a little more about what he had to say later on. For now, I just want to get some feedback from our Atheist contingent... if we have one.
What does hope have to do with it? Do I think I'm right or do I think I'm wrong? I think I'm right.

No doubts. I am 99.999% sure there is no god. It's that .000001% that makes me agnostic.

If there is no atheists (because no one can know 100% that there is no god. You'd have to be a god yourself) then there is no theists. Do theists know 100% that there is a god? No they do not. So if there is no atheists then there is no theists.

And you are not a god in waiting Boss. Your spirit doesn't live for eternity after you die. That would make you a god. Now do I hope I'm a god in waiting? Sure. That's why humans invented god.

It's simply a question to ponder. Do you hope that you are wrong? Do you hope that you're right? You must have some opinion there. What we can't seem to get to is what that is. I think that is very revealing of your truest feelings. Everyone always THINKS they are right about what they believe, that wasn't what I asked.

why would anyone think that G-d would only let Christians into heaven, dearie?

that is the problem with you dumbasses

ISIS believes in God.
Who did what?
Who’s who?
I expect you do defend your lies, yes

... that devout Christian Hitler, who killed Jews for Jesus...

LOL that Hitler was a "devout" Christian. Thanks for the laugh!

awwww... more revisionist history from the right. Either Adolph was a Christian or he used Christian beliefs to pursue his agenda... so either he was Christian or he led Christians. the difference is nil given the result. so-called Christians stood up and zeig-heiled just like the white male supremacist Christians do for Donald.

Why do you not answer my question directly? Why do you have to parse it and obfuscate?

My friend, there comes a time to stop casting your pearls to the swine and to cast them to another who might appreciate your knowledge and wisdom. Jesus said so himself. He also said to "let the dead bury their dead". Jesus knew many would reject him and so he advised his apostles to move on to greener pastures, so to speak.
Boss isn't a Christian. He rejects Jesus too.
Boss is a liar. There is not two hairs difference between him and the RW Christian God (not to be confused with the true Christian God).

I was the one who first busted him when he went on his spirit binge, when all previous posts were God.

Who did what?
Who’s who?
I expect you do defend your lies, yes
I know of no lies, do tell.

... that devout Christian Hitler, who killed Jews for Jesus...

LOL that Hitler was a "devout" Christian. Thanks for the laugh!
My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.

In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison.

To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross.

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows.

For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe

I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.
-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Forum List

Back