Two Questions for Atheists

You claimed their deaths were the natural order of things that God did not interfere with.

No I didn't. Show us where I made that claim.
it's not so much that God "kills" children, but rather, permits the law of nature to run its course, which sometimes entails that children die

I see what you did there. You are a LIAR. edthecynic cut off part of my post to make it appear that I made a statement when, in fact, I did not. Wow. What a dishonest liar you are.

I didnt say that. I believe a creator is VERY possible. Beyond what we can grasp. But i dont buy in to the man made abrahamic god. So i dont think that about the "creator"
And if the abrahamic god is real, i wont ever worship him. Because i am morally superior to that tyrannical, psycho asshole.
You’re viewing death as an end.
I dont believe in spirits and souls, so why wouldnt i?
Then you’re not agnostic.
Then what am i? I dont doubt the concept of a creator.
You’re a rare breed for not believing in an afterlife while open to the possibility of a creator. Interesting.
Why does an afterlife have to be tied to a creator? Why cant we have a creator and we just die?
Or what if there is an afterlife given to us by a creator and no soul?
Look at the Buddhists; they believe in the afterlife but not souls. They believe phenomena exists after death that is dissolved upon "nirvana" but not an "immortal soul"

... that devout Christian Hitler, who killed Jews for Jesus...

LOL that Hitler was a "devout" Christian. Thanks for the laugh!
My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.

In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison.

To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross.

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows.

For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe

I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.
-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Obama claims to be a Christian too. A lot of people, for political purposes, have claimed to be a believer when, in fact, they are not. Additionally, it's pretty evident that Hitler did not believe in any of Christ's teachings as he certainly didn't follow them.

ISIS believes in God.

But not the true God.
They believe in the abrahamic god
Actually Islam is not the God of Abraham.
Most mainstream Muslims would generally agree they worship the same God that Christians — or Jews — worship. Zeki Saritoprak, a professor of Islamic studies at John Carroll University in Cleveland, points out that in the Quran there's the Biblical story of Jacob asking his sons whom they'll worship after his death.

"Jacob's sons replied, 'We will worship the God of your fathers' — Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac. He is the God," Saritoprak says. "So this God that Jacob worshipped, this God that Abraham, Isaac worshipped, is the same God that Muslims worship today."

Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God?

You claimed their deaths were the natural order of things that God did not interfere with.

it's not so much that God "kills" children, but rather, permits the law of nature to run its course, which sometimes entails that children die

I see what you did there. You are a LIAR. edthecynic cut off part of my post to make it appear that I made a statement when, in fact, I did not. Wow. What a dishonest liar you are.
You did not deny that. You tried to rationalize it, but not deny it.

You made that statement within your question, how can you deny your own words. Oh that's right, you're a Christian.

Back a few weeks ago, I posed my first question to Atheists and I was surprised how suddenly we had so many posters proclaim themselves "Agnostic!" It was an amazing thing to see. We constantly get bombarded with the so-called "naysayers" on this forum regularly but for some odd reason, my question turned them away from Atheism to Agnosticism instantly. I don't think I ever got an honest answer to my question. So I decided it would be a good idea for a thread OP.

First Question for Atheists:

Do you hope that you are wrong or do you hope that you are right?

It's not a trick question. It's relatively easy. Just answer it honestly. If you can't answer, perhaps you need to ask yourself the question in quiet contemplation? How you answer is important and I will explain later.

The second question is:

Do you ever have doubts about your Atheism?

Again, not a trick question, relatively easy to answer.

Now, I wish that I could take credit for these profoundly brilliant questions but I can't. They are presented by Dennis Prager in an article he posted some time back. I will outline a little more about what he had to say later on. For now, I just want to get some feedback from our Atheist contingent... if we have one.
No and no

Back a few weeks ago, I posed my first question to Atheists and I was surprised how suddenly we had so many posters proclaim themselves "Agnostic!" It was an amazing thing to see. We constantly get bombarded with the so-called "naysayers" on this forum regularly but for some odd reason, my question turned them away from Atheism to Agnosticism instantly. I don't think I ever got an honest answer to my question. So I decided it would be a good idea for a thread OP.

First Question for Atheists:

Do you hope that you are wrong or do you hope that you are right?

It's not a trick question. It's relatively easy. Just answer it honestly. If you can't answer, perhaps you need to ask yourself the question in quiet contemplation? How you answer is important and I will explain later.

The second question is:

Do you ever have doubts about your Atheism?

Again, not a trick question, relatively easy to answer.

Now, I wish that I could take credit for these profoundly brilliant questions but I can't. They are presented by Dennis Prager in an article he posted some time back. I will outline a little more about what he had to say later on. For now, I just want to get some feedback from our Atheist contingent... if we have one.
What does hope have to do with it? Do I think I'm right or do I think I'm wrong? I think I'm right.

No doubts. I am 99.999% sure there is no god. It's that .000001% that makes me agnostic.

If there is no atheists (because no one can know 100% that there is no god. You'd have to be a god yourself) then there is no theists. Do theists know 100% that there is a god? No they do not. So if there is no atheists then there is no theists.

And you are not a god in waiting Boss. Your spirit doesn't live for eternity after you die. That would make you a god. Now do I hope I'm a god in waiting? Sure. That's why humans invented god.

It's simply a question to ponder. Do you hope that you are wrong? Do you hope that you're right? You must have some opinion there. What we can't seem to get to is what that is. I think that is very revealing of your truest feelings. Everyone always THINKS they are right about what they believe, that wasn't what I asked.

why would anyone think that G-d would only let Christians into heaven, dearie?

that is the problem with you dumbasses
Exactly! Also why does God need to be worshiped?

Man-made and not a real God.

Is it possible that it's not so much that God "kills" children, but rather, permits the law of nature to run its course, which sometimes entails that children die? In fact and, if indeed a paradise awaits us upon our physical death, could it be said that leaving this existence as a young child is actually a "good" thing?

You see, that LIAR edthecynic eliminated the first four words of my post to change my message. edthecynic is the epitome of a LIAR.

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.

In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison.

To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross.

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows.

For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe

I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.
-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922
Good grief.
Bush said he was honest.
Obama said he was Christian.

Believe them?

You made that statement within your question, how can you deny your own words. Oh that's right, you're a Christian.

You're an unabashed, unapologetic LIAR. What a disgusting cockroach you are.

Agnostic atheist, here. As are all the self-identified agnostics in this thread....else they would be theists!

1) I dont think this question truly applies to "not knowing is there is a god". But, I am about as agnostic about gods as I am about unicorns and dragons, so I am what you would probably call an atheist.

So, the question must be further qualified. If there IS a god, and she's an evil birch, then I hope the idea "there are no gods" is correct. On the other hand, if she's super swell and plans to place me in a happy place forever...then I hope that idea is wrong!

2) The same principle applies. I can't doubt "not knowing", or more accurately, I have never doubted it. Do I ever doubt that gods' existence seems unlikely? No.

He may not have been a Christian just like the Pedophile Priests aren't "real" Christians but that doesn't mean the sheep in their flock weren't. And this is the problem with Christianity. It's a made up story designed to manipulate and control the masses. And look how well Hitler played the Christians. He got them all to go along. Every Christian in Germany and every Christian in Italy. Don't forget Italy is the home of the Catholic Church and Italy joined the NAZIS!!!

These are Catholic Priests yes?

Catholic priests performing a Nazi salute.

priests-salute.jpg

ISIS believes in God.

But not the true God.
They believe in the abrahamic god
Actually Islam is not the God of Abraham.
judaism gave birth to christianity and islam. Islam and christianity both believe god revealed himself to abraham. They also believe he is the creator and writer of moral law.
I mean there are differences just like baptist and church of christ but the basis is the same.

You’re viewing death as an end.
I dont believe in spirits and souls, so why wouldnt i?
Then you’re not agnostic.
Then what am i? I dont doubt the concept of a creator.
You’re a rare breed for not believing in an afterlife while open to the possibility of a creator. Interesting.
Why does an afterlife have to be tied to a creator? Why cant we have a creator and we just die?
Or what if there is an afterlife given to us by a creator and no soul?
Look at the Buddhists; they believe in the afterlife but not souls. They believe phenomena exists after death that is dissolved upon "nirvana" but not an "immortal soul"
Honestly, even being around Buddhists and Hindus a lot I can’t wrap my head around their beliefs.

Forum List

Back